Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm Obi-Wan around friends and family and Palpatine when at work apparently.. Dark Lord of the Sith by day, Jedi Council member by night. [face_shhh]
  2. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    I saw Ender's Game yesterday and I loved it ! A stunning movie, impressive and epic !
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
  4. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Read the book, hate the author. I think I'll wait until the movie comes out on TV so I don't give a cent to that scumbag.
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Eh, I might see it because COLONEL HAN SOLO. I will be seeing Thor 2 tonight though. Besides what Zandalor said, I've heard good reviews elsewhere.

In the meantime, Cloud Atlas is on HBO on demand, so I'll probably watch that this weekend. I don't even really care if it's good, since it just looks pretty.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    I wouldn't say it was better than The Avengers, that's my all time favourite film, but yes, it was better than all of the other Marvel films.
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Nov 8, 2013
  7. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    It's a must-see movie ! Great poetry !
  8. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I was under the impression that the author was paid a fixed amount for the rights years ago and won't be making any money off the movie.
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I had heard that as well and I don't know for sure.

I read the book 25 years ago; it was decent but I didn't love it enough to try to see the movie in the theater. I'll wait until it streams on Netflix.

If I loved it, I could probably overlook the fact that I think the author is a horse's ass.
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    The finale is better than The Avengers. Didn't say the rest of the film. But I'm not a big Joss Whedon fan either.
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Just saw it. Pretty good. I wouldn't say it has a better finale than The Avengers, just a different type.

But still, that mid-credits scene was great. Can't wait for more MCU films. :D
  12. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    The mid credits scene reminded me of doctor who. Appropriate considering Christopher Eccleston is the baddie in the film.
  13. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I liked Thor's character in The Avengers (and I liked The Avengers), but I didn't really like Thor's first standalone movie... sounds like this one may be worth checking out, though.
  14. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I want to see the Thor movie but I'll probably wait for it to show up on Netflix, just because I can't see myself getting to the theater any time soon.

From the files of "Because I reproduced, I have more anecdotes than you do":

The song "Odds Are" by Barenaked Ladies came on the radio in the car, a song I really like. My oldest asked me the name of the song, and I told him, thinking, ah, cool, we're going to have a nice mother/son bonding moment over mutual love of a particular type of music. I added, "I have that song on iTunes at home if you want it."

His reply: "Nah. I just want to see if there's a Minecraft parody to it."

Well snap. :p
  15. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
  16. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Watching Pacific Rim again. Damn, I love this movie, and I hope that they get to make a sequel. Or I could just watch G Gundam again and see a Canadian Lumberjack Gundam fight the hero in the basin of Niagara Falls.
  17. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I retook the Meyer Briggs Test
    I am apparently Palpatine...

I did see 12 Years a Slave and oh my goodness. It is the most stark and unapologetic look at slavery I have ever seen from Hollywood. So hard to watch but I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by AkashKedavra_93, Nov 12, 2013
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I still need to see that one.
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  19. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm in the mood for an 80s action film. Shall I go for The Terminator, or Escape from New York?
  20. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I'd always say Carpenter over Cameron. At least in terms of the 80s.
  21. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I like Early 90s Cameron the best. Late 90s and onwards he is a jerk. But Terminator 2 and True Lies? Great films.
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    While Carpenter lost his touch around the 90s or so. And yeah, Cameron may be a jerk, but I agree about Terminator 2 and True Lies. Even Aliens is pretty damn good, though not as good as Ridley Scott's one, IMO.
  23. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Aliens had Stan Winston in charge of the animatronics and puppetry. There's no way it couldn't be good.
  24. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Die Hard.

OK, out of those two choices I'd say Terminator.
  25. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Definitely The Terminator. Over Die Hard too. And I actually consider Aliens to be equal to Alien.