main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I like Early 90s Cameron the best. Late 90s and onwards he is a jerk. But Terminator 2 and True Lies? Great films.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    While Carpenter lost his touch around the 90s or so. And yeah, Cameron may be a jerk, but I agree about Terminator 2 and True Lies. Even Aliens is pretty damn good, though not as good as Ridley Scott's one, IMO.

3. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Aliens had Stan Winston in charge of the animatronics and puppetry. There's no way it couldn't be good.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Die Hard.

OK, out of those two choices I'd say Terminator.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely The Terminator. Over Die Hard too. And I actually consider Aliens to be equal to Alien.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Darren Aronofsky + Emma Watson + Russell Crowe

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Apparently, this is the ugliest Star Wars shirt of all time:

[​IMG]
    Behold, in all its glory!

Naturally, it's on back-order. Quite the item, no?

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So ugly it won't load.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

This is just one of those stories that is so, so bad IMO that I don't think I could ever like a movie based on it no matter how well directed or whom they cast. I have a fundamental problem with the story of a God wiping out humanity and a man that builds a boat to survive the ordeal for his family and animals. No real moral to that story other than God can be ruthless.

Back when I was a kid and believed that something like this could have happened (because my imagination ran wild), I loved the story.

But taking it as a piece of fiction... it's not even a remotely good piece of fiction IMO.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, click on the link. It's hideous. Like Star Wars crossed with the dark side of Woodstock.

TaradosGon : I was taken to church every Sunday until I moved away from home and went for awhile as an adult; there is nothing in all of those years of listening that made me make sense out of the Noah story.

Seriously, why the **** didn't he step on those two spiders? Swat the two mosquitoes?

The aftermath, when the flood dries up and Noah gets completely wasted and passes out naked on the floor, is pretty damn funny though. At least until his daughters argue over which of them is going to take advantage of him. [face_sick] Oh, Bible...

TaradosGon likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think Russell Crowe is very slowly turning into Charlton Heston....

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy hell. (Pun intended.)

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Clearly, it's a sign from the Star Wars powers that be signifying that they want nothing of the blasphemy of posting such hideous Star Was merchandise in a fan site! But like anakinfan said, you can click the link if you're (morbidly) curious. Speaking of Charlton Heston, "Thou shalt not post sacrilegious Star Wars memorabilia in the JCF!"

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Darren Aronofsky has taken some of the most uncomfortable concepts and turned them into phenomenal works. I am not religious and was never exposed to this story on a regular basis and it does make me feel uncomfortable how it can be construed into a story of comfort. Darren's admittedly very liberal interpretation is exciting me personally, however. It has ticked a lot of religious viewers off at screenings and that only adds to my desire to see this.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^ Lol, Matt Smith looks like Gollum right there. MY PRECIOUS.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Is everyone in the Midwest safe? There are news reports here about a nasty storm system.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Alright, I'm assuming that nobody's been blown away by anything other than awesomeness lately.

In other news...guess who gets to have surgery soon...

Apparently my gall bladder practices creative and innovative geologic engineering. It likes to make rocks.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, I'm sorry to hear that anakinfan. All the best and feel better soon.

I hope no one was impacted by the tornadoes here. I was on a call with a customer yesterday when a siren went off in the background of the call. It was really eerie.

Pretty mundane here. Tomorrow is moving day again. Garage sold loads of stuff I've accumulated over the years and packing the crap I want for this move. It sucks since I'm one of those people who really hates to get rid of stuff.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Seerow : A local move I guess? Have fun. :p Hope it goes smoothly.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Local indeed. Just across the street really. Thanks.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    anakinfansince1983: Argh -- good luck! :(

Seerow: Not selling anything from your collection of Rex memorabilia, are you?:p

24. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    heard the tornado sirens a few times, but the storm passed both to the north and the south and we didn't get hit with anything except rain.

my mate had his gall bladder out about three years ago for the same reason. he was in and out in about three hours. Took a few days to get over it but he's been doing fine since. Get well soon. May you have a speedy surgery and a quick recovery.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Kitchen Nightmares. I hate reality TV, but watching an angry scotsman yell at crappy food is too entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.