main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, reread some of the other discussion going on in here. I watched a program on History Channel once that discussed all the connections with SW and modern religion. I did find it amusing. I had alot of fun watching Samurai 7 which is an otherwise terrible anime just for all the comparisons noting that its based on Seven Samurai. Looking back to "Bounty" it still amuses me how cliche Bishounen Krismo looks.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    My hands are cold. Freezing. They actually kinda hurt right now.

I have long, skinny hands and fingers. They've been compared to Chris Rock, though I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

People tell me my hands are like ice, that I have the touch of death. Whenever I want to shock someone, I just walk up and touch their bare skin with my hands, they always jump.

I'm wearing those thin winter gloves right now. Like an old lady. I feel like an old lady.

:_|

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That happens to my Mom and sister in cold weather; they have circulation problems in their hands and feet. The first thing that comes to mind is warm water for a few minutes and then lotion; I don't know if that helps or not.

Hope you can get warm soon.

4. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Meh, it's a very minor problem, one I'll simply live with.

5. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Anyone here catch the Doctor Who Anniversary episode? It was absolutely fantastic!

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I couldn't remember where the light switch was in the garage. So I tried to walk out in the dark but somebody left a Christmas tree in the way tragedy...my poor knees and elbow.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Tapatalk

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes. It was absolutely fantastic. A positive vibe stayed with me all through the day because it just me me smile, so much.

I am looking forward to the Christmas episode, but am also sad we have to say goodbye to Eleven.
    :(
    He's my favourite.
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and 07jonesj like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, in that case nm.

Seerow , hope the person who put the tree there is in trouble. :p

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Big trouble with me. I hope I broke the tree.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I heard David Tennant shouting "Allons-y!" That alone made it worthwhile.

Barriss_Coffee and 07jonesj like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As I said elsewhere, I'm sure I'll get into Doctor Who by the 100th anniversary.

Barriss_Coffee and eht13 like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll be 91 years old and will probably be senile enough to pretend my doctor travels through time in a police box and looks like David Tennant.

I love the show but I'm still a Who N00b so I didn't bother with yesterday, I was sure there would be too many references I'd miss.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I was just listening to Wilson Phillips' "Hold On" and for some reason the lyrics made me think of the Sith and I laughed.

I know this pain
    Why do you lock yourself up in these chains?
    No one can change your life except for you
    Don't ever let anyone step all over you
    Just open your heart and your mind
    Is it really fair to feel this way inside

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, my son just changed his Minecraft user name to "ImaTroll." [face_laugh]

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Whenever I play games I tend to be faithful to the game and simply choose the canon name for my character when applicable. Then I go back and play with some wacky name. One thing I love to do is to pick the bad guy's name, or the title of the game. :D

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I used to use the name "IDrawOnMyself" when I gamed in alot of games.

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I usually go to either extreme of a name appropriate to the game or something funny.

In something like TOR, I just hit the random name button to get something appropriate to the Star Wars universe.

In DC Universe Online, I'll try to think of a legitimate sounding name appropriate to the character (but since many are already taken, sometimes I'm stuck inserting additional letters or using a misspelling)

But in games like First Person Shooters, I'll try to think of a name that would be funny in the context of "you've been killed by _______." One I used on Steam was "AnOl'FashionedChastisin'"

I'm no longer active on XBox Live, but my tag there was IDoManlyThings

19. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Saw the 50th anniversary episode. Urrrgh, so good, and yet so frustrating at the same time! Steven Moffat can write good episodes, but he cannot connect anything to save his life. Things just happen and end with a cliffhanger that is promptly dropped by the next episode. The jump between the ending of The Name of the Doctor and Day of the Doctor is so jarring. Both are good episodes, but they feel so disjointed when placed side by side. What happened to the Great Intelligence? Simian's dead, but is GI still alive? How the hell do you get out of your own timestream? No mention of the consequences of doing such a thing.

The whole plot with the Great Intelligence suddenly gets shifted to the side so we can see John Hurt. And even then, it felt like there was a huge disconnect between the disparate parts of the episode. The whole plot with the Zygons had almost no bearing on the story except to change John Hurt's mind, nothing was really made of the Queen Elizabeth connection apart from some throwaway lines, and I still have no damn clue how Clara suddenly goes from being inside a timestream visiting every doctor to completely forgetting seeing John Hurt at the end of the last episode!

THat said, the scenes devoted to the three doctors, and John Hurt's decision were fantastic. If only it wasn't so bogged down by the superfluous B-plot and the ridiculously thin ties to the preceding episode. Moffat loves to build up these big, epic, multi episode arcs, but then drops the momentum built up the moment the episode ends, only to ramp it up with a different plot for the next episode, and drop it again.

JackG and 07jonesj like this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hey guys! I just went to a Michael McIntyre comedy show here in New Zealand, I think it's the first time he's been here. Definitely the funniest night of my life, he's so hilarious!

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm changing my Minecraft user name to TrollsMama for right now, but I may be borrowing IDrawOnMyself. Or ILikeBicPenTattoos. :p

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Lol... I can't imagine what it would have been like to have had my mama gaming with me.

23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Why is Battle of Britain such an awesome movie? Because it's the only place you will see Ian McShane, Michael Caine, and Christopher Plummer crash and burn in flaming aircraft while the crazy sailor from Jaws shouts DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    3:20 -- if it were anyone else, I'd call coincidence.'

Edit: wow I've never seen that before. I didn't even intend to watch the whole thing but daaang -- I'm surprised they even let him get behind the mike.[face_laugh]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.