main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Congrats! Though I wonder how you have fewer "likes" than me when I have over 3800 fewer posts than you. :p

Ah, I love your sig BTW. That's from arguably the best PT-era Star Wars novel ever!

Mia Mesharad and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks! People must like what you are posting I guess.
    Thank you. ROTS was the movie and book I was waiting for. Growing up with the OT and then slowly learning of Anakin's past and finally coming to the movie that tied everything to the OT was THE experience. I still remember picking up the book for the first time and feeling chills. Only way to end the saga imo.

Circular Logic likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated the movie, but the novel managed to take a bad story and tell it in a fantastic manner. That takes some doing.

Stover deserves a Nebula.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday tomorrow. And lots of Mashed Potatoes.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm gonna be driving all day tomorrow. :(

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We had an early Thanksgiving with family today. It's a 2 day trip and we have to be back Friday evening to pick up our dogs from the kennel. [face_sigh]

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I see. I see.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's the nice thing about cats; I can leave them for 2-3 days without boarding them.

Happy Thanksgiving, Star Wars TV. :)

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, my dogs are super patient about people being gone for hours on end from the house. Not that we ever try to test that patience.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks. [face_chicken]

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So it's the day after Thanksgiving and the season has "officially" begun...

I love this time of year. :D I switched my Sirius XM to the Holly channel last night.

I did cheat and start Christmas movies last weekend with Thanksgiving being so late; now that the turkey has been served, I feel like I can watch them without worrying about Santa drowning a reindeer.

Seasons greetings, people. [face_party] (Now where's the damn Christmas tree emoticon?)

eht13 and Seerow like this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love the time of year that leads up to Christmas. The Christmas music, people acting nicer, saying 'Happy Holidays' or being politically incorrect when people on the phone say "Merry Christman". I already got my two live trees last night at the lot, probably a mistake since they'll probably never make it.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm planning to get a shorter tree (six feet or so, although I have nine-foot ceilings) and let my kids do most of the decorating, which is what I did last year. It will probably happen this weekend just because it may be the only chance I have; the next few weeks are going to be busy.

I'll just water it a lot. :p

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll try out some of the Mythbusters' findings for keeping trees alive. My second trees a little short one, I got it just to take my two antique strands of Bubblelights.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We get our tree about midway through December. Always a live one, generally about 10 feet, since we put it in our great room. We never have a problem keeping it alive for about two weeks. That's also generally when the other decorations go up.

We also got a particularly White Christmas last year, which my dog loves since he's in heaven rolling around in deep snow. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not sure what my dog would do if he ever saw snow. All he knows is brown St. Augustine in winter.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My indoor-outdoor ninja cat takes a couple of steps out in the snow, gets a "WTF is this cold **** on my paws?" look on his face, then steps back inside.

He's a Carolinas cat indeed.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Just curious since your a fellow cat owner, with multiple cats (I think). Do you have one of those self cleaning cat litter boxes? I've been looking at them considering getting one but they aren't cheap and its hard to gauge if they actually work.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have three cats and no self-cleaning box, just two regular boxes upstairs and down. I'm not sure how a self-cleaning box would work and I've never considered litter-changing that much trouble so I haven't looked.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't either but since moving and being the crazy cat lady, one of my house mates is driving me nuts complaining about the litterboxes. Not about owner or anything, just complaining about having them. All the while her dog is actually wrecking the house.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just watched Frozen. OMG I'm speechless.

"True love can thaw a frozen heart." :_|

Off to see if I can pre-order the DVD and download the soundtrack.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I want to see that movie.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Home from an Elton John concert in Detroit. Amazing performance.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I too want to see Frozen. I hear that the third act throws you for a loop.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.