main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    All this talk of Frozen makes me think of this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On a completely unrelated note, I only just saw the cinematic trailer for Blizzard Entertainment's new "Heroes of the Storm". One thing I love about Blizzard is their ability to make some really high-quality trailers, many of which look gorgeous regardless of what you think of the actual game. The whole team brawling reminds me of the time that I would play Defense of the Ancients (DotA) online with college buddies in the dorms. Ha, those were some fun times. Although I haven't played it in years, having lost interest. However, seeing this trailer does make me consider wanting to play this kind of game again.

WANT.

TaradosGon and 07jonesj like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Without giving anything away, there's definitely a good twist and some really suspenseful moments.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Cool (no pun intended). We're taking the kids to see Frozen later today.

Regarding Christmas trees, ours has been "alive" for years. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Just helped my sister and her boyfriend move out their apartment.

They're both about 120 pounds. They weren't much help.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Moving suuuuccckkks. Sorry you ended up doing most of it, but you're good people.

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Frozen is fantastic, one of my favorite movies of the year. The animation's gorgeous, the narrative takes risks, and the songs are amazing, especially Idina Menzel's "Let It Go".

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, Frozen was great... we all really enjoyed it.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Haven't seen it yet, but maybe I will, at least to make up for not seeing Monster's University.

I did just see 12 Years A Slave, though. Great, great film. I highly recommend it, though it's not for the faint of heart.

But speaking of animated films, I watched the trailer for The Wind Rises today. It's supposedly gonna be the final film directed by the legendary Hayao Miyazaki. It looks amazing. The trailer alone is beautiful.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm pretty sure his last two or three films were each supposed to be "the final film directed by the legendary Hayao Miyazaki." :p Maybe he means it this time, though, and it should be good regardless.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's why I said "supposedly". :p I thought Ponyo was alright (though beautifully animated of course), but I love Howl's Moving Castle.

Suffice to say, his artistic touch will be missed if and when he steps down from the director's chair.

eht13 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    R.I.P. Paul Walker, one of my favourite actors, he was amazing in the Fast & Furious films. I just can't believe it, that's the worst news I've heard in a while. I wonder what's going to happen with Fast & Furious 7 now, I hope they put it in memory of him.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Too fast, too furious.

CT-867-5309 and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That is very unfortunate. RIP Paul Walker.

I'm still playing GTA5 on and off and was having a big of fun with the AI engine. I have found about 5 spawn points for Mountain Lions and was playing around with how dumb the AI engine is. There is this one rock where a mountain lion will stand frozen until its approached a certain way really close. I can walk right behind it insanely close it won't react until targeted as if it has eyes in back of its head but is deaf. They have a hard time getting around objects which is hilarious, like a car in the way and will eventually get stuck. I'm disappointed they never seem to spawn when Chop is in tow.

And Nat Geo's big cat week rocks. Game of Lions is on tonight.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    So, I've not been reading comics like I once was aside from finally getting around to reading some Star Wars (particularly the 2013 "Star Wars" comic).

Mostly was getting burned out on Superman, still love him, just needed to introduce some variety. Especially after Man of Steel, which despite wanting so, so much to love, I can only bring myself to see it as OK.

But then I watch Superman vs. The Elite on Netflix last night. The one animated Superman film I really dragged my feet on watching because the synopsis sounded the least interesting, but that turned out to be one of my favorite DC animated depictions of the character. My favorite depictions often consist of seeing Superman fail and how he deals with that, or moral issues regarding having the power to fix wrongs in the world, but not wanting to view himself as being above the law.

I felt Superman vs. The Elite nailed it.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    My favorite film of his has to be Porco Rosso. I love airplanes, and mixing dogfights and pirates into the mix was awesome. Plus it has Cary Elwes putting on his silly texan accent on.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Part of me's thinking "AWESOME!!", but at the same time I can't help thinking that if they open this up to everyone and anyone, we're eventually going to have a sky filled with these little buggers.

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sounds like it would make it pretty easy for an inventive troublemaker to steal packages...

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Add to that the fact that the Martin Jetpack is coming out, Evolo in Germany is developing their ultra safe easy to fly electric multicopter, Moller has apparently copped $80 million in funding which might just take them from "30 year running joke" to "actual working selling product", and the US military is funding the development of aeroscraft, enormous hybrid airships with on-board buoyancy control and major scalability (potential Emma Maersk sized models with thousands of tons payload proposed), and take it all a couple decades forward and hey, before you know it Earth's skies could resemble those of Coruscant.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That drone delivery service looks both weird and awesome. Not a big fan of Earth skies looking like those on Coruscant and damn, I guess the postal service and FedEx are going to be has-beens pretty quickly. But my impatient self likes the near-instant delivery part.

In other news...I'm checking into the hospital in about 45 minutes and when I get back, I'll be anakinfanwithoutagallbladder . Next time we get bored I'll start a thread called "ITT we list the useless and ornery body parts that Tracy should have removed next".

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YIKES!!! Good luck!!!! [:D]

[​IMG]

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

OMG AMAZON IS GOING TO DRONE STRIKE MY HOUSE. THEIR DELIVERY SYSTEM IS SO ACCURATE THEY CAN PUT A BOOK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW.

AMAZON, **** YEAH! COMING AGAIN TO DELIVER YOUR MOTHA ******* PACKAGE, YEAH!

AMAZON, **** YEAH! Drone delivery is the only way, yeah!

USPS YOUR GAME IS THROUGH CAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO ANSWER TO

AMAZON, **** YEAH!

It's the dream that we all share, it's the hope for tomorrooooooow. **** YEAH!

Books! **** YEAH! Movies! **** YEAH! Video games! **** YEAH! Music! **** YEAH! Electronics! **** YEAH! Groceries! **** YEAH! Jewelry! **** YEAH!

No, for reals this sounds cool. What do I care if the skies are cluttered? I'm not really a huge fan of empty skies. If what Valk said is true I can't wait to surf the clouds like Kit Cloudkicker.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Seconded.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Guys, I had a chat with Tracy's doc, he told me she wouldn't get a scratch. I got his promise. Then he called me a pirate and told me to get going.

anakinfansince1983 and eht13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.