main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I apologize in advance to all you Northern types who are reading this post in the midst of a polar-vortex fatigue, but...

**** is about to get real, y'all.

There will not be an egg, a slice of bread or a drop of milk anywhere in the Tar Heel State.

[​IMG]

And I'm as excited as Anakin Skywalker after he got his pod racer to start.

I did a snow dance! IT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING!

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Funny, 'cause we're not even getting any snow up here until wednesday. And only a 30% chance at that. Not that we don't have plenty enough as it is. :p

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We need to cut a deal with the weather dudes in the sky.

You don't get any more snow until your existing piles melt.

Until then, I get all your snow.

07jonesj likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Campus closed for the 3rd time this semester in a matter of weeks.
    Temps were supposed to be in the negatives high and low but the high looks like it cracked the positive for tomorrow. Then again the windchill might compensate for that positive high.
    At least I have time to read my college books and study for my map of China quiz on Thursday.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Been doing a binge watch of The Walking Dead as I'd not seen anything past Season 1. Just started Season 3 and cried my eyes out like a baby. I get far too invested in fictional characters. :p

ColemanKcajFTW likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Same here. Its not even funny.

7. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    - 30 wind chill right now in chicagoland...

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I guess I better put a coat on then. Though they think we're going to see 4 degrees for a high up here in cheese land...maybe. Well, the weather channel thinks so. Locals think we won't get past -1.

As one of my coworkers said...there's a point where degrees don't matter. It's just FRIGGIN COLD!

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its like 65F here and was beautiful today. Only weather beef is the ol' cloudy night curse when an amateur astronomer gets a new scope. Still the 10 minutes I got peaking through the clouds were awesome with my 8 inch light bucket. Been a few years since I've had a serious instrument. Counted 4 cloud bands on Jupiter at about 100x.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is Jupiter the one near the moon right now? Early this morning there was what seemed like a planet a bit to the left of the moon on the eastern sky.

I've always had a small interest in astronomy. Don't have a telescope, but I have a decent pair of binoculars that I often use for stargazing.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My kids are budding astronomy nuts, especially my youngest. Mostly constellations right now but they are also interested in the location of the planets; they can't see much from my tiny back yard which backs up to tall trees but there's plenty of stargazing to be done at both sets of grandparents' houses.

They spend a lot of time on the Planets and Night Sky apps too.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's Venus by the moon in the mornings. Jupiter is easier to find by locating Gemini before midnight. Look for a brighter star near the two bright stars Caster and Pollux, its right between the twins.If your would like a good realtime star chart google Stellarium which is awesome. Honestly a good pair of binoculars is the way to go unless your really interested and know your way around the sky well. A good telescope is alot of fun but they are heavy and frustrating. I also have a big pair of binoculars I use for stargazing more often.

13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Since George Lucas was inspired by Flash Gordon, some great videos

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm considering a snow-hike today even though I'm coughing like General Grievous.

But you all are already aware that I'm insane.

KenobiSkywalker and EHT like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... you should probably avoid laser fire then. Hope you feel better anakinfansince1983.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I need to watch that show. You can't go wrong with Bruce Lee-type characters. I did watch some of the abridged series, though, and that was great.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Good lord would someone get that guy some WA-TAAAAAA!

21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Live Action??? Grown men in chipmunk suits?

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Will live action Gadget be as hot as cartoon Gadget?

That cartoon was awesome. If the live action show doesn't look completely horrendous (unlikely) I might just watch a bit out of loyalty to the cartoon.

If the theme is of similar quality I'll turn on the television just to watch the theme, at least.

Not that it matters, since I don't have a Nielsen meter.

24. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    They'll need to get the original cast. I just don't see it working without the original cast.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Tress Macneille, Corey Burton, and Jim Cummings!

I'm honestly dreading this. Its got Smurfs/ Alvin and the Chipmunk sized train wreck all over it. But its awesome to see something so unlikely and obscure getting a green light. If any of the Disney Afternoon was going to get a green light I would have expected Darkwing Duck based of the success the comic book reboot had a couple years ago. But Rescue Rangers ties with it as my favorite. The Rescue Rangers to the rescue again! I'm excited. Creator Tad Stone has been putting these on Facebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.