main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I would only shave my head for a cosplay if I could also grow a beard and paint on a scar and be Face Loran. :p

[​IMG]

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    anakinfansince1983 : Cool, I didn't know anyone actually made Ventress costumes.

I've never done any cosplay, and for Halloween the only SW character I've been was Palpatine... basically just wore a black hooded robe. :p

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I've never done any cosplay, either, because I always felt I was hardly suited to that pastime, but I guess I might do it in the future - provided I can get off my lazy bum and finally start *doing* something.
    Anyhow, I started several weird activities only this morning. One I call 'The Glitterstim Project'.
    [​IMG]
    It's not really Glitterstim, of course:p - it's just hotfix glitter foil, but I kinda like the name. I haven't done much so far, just copied and cut out and glued and cut out (again) the basic parts in the most basic manner possible, but I'm sure you can guess what it's supposed to become once I'm done with fine tuning...

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Here's one to make you feel old. Kids baffled by rotary phones:

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_laugh] I've seen that one.

And I talked on a rotary phone all through high school.

There's one about kids and the dial-up Internet tone too. Made me feel really old.

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Dial-up Internet tone? :confused: :p

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol. We have a faux rotary phone at my place, where instead of turning to each number, there's just buttons you press for each digit. Otherwise it's legit- has a cord and regular phone shape.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You damn kids are so impatient. Why can't you wait ten seconds for the phone dial to return to its original position after dialing a "9"? You got places to go or something?

EHT, Dark Lord Tarkas and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Oh dear. That video just reminded me of that little twist in most cord phones that went the other way. Ooo that little bugger annoyed me to no end. Fun to play with while on the phone though!

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Am I the only one without a smartphone? [face_nail_biting]

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Nope

People are equally lost when they operate my cell phone, trying to use it as though it has a touch screen. And I'm equally lost as to how to operate a smartphone. There's nothing that a smartphone can do that I need to justify me paying more money. If I want to browse the internet, etc. It can wait until I get home, and I can save myself something like $60-70 a month. If I ever found myself in a situation where I didn't have access to the internet from a computer, then I might consider using a smartphone instead to save money.

And at this point, with my friends insisting I "join the 21st century," I'll probably not be getting a smartphone any time soon, just out of sheer stubborness.

12. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    See, I like my smartphone, but to each their own :). Do I need it? Nope. Did I want it? Nope. Did I get one regardless? Yes. Just because...

Project Glitterstim is done. Now all I need is a shirt to iron it on ...
    [​IMG]
    The horrible thing is - now that I'm done, I realize I should have made a Fox glitterstim instead. You know, because ... 'Disco Fox'. Muahaha.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This post brought to you by my second brain, courtesy of Mr. Stephen Paul Jobs.

Yeah, can't function without my iPhone, nor do I want to try.

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, everybody. It's been much too long since I visited this awesome thread, due to the fact my computer's hard-drive died a few months ago, causing me to loose every delicious link and page I saved. I finally found this place again. Glad to be back.

Concerning the current topic, I have no cell phone or smartphone, and I have no desire to own either one.

:)

15. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I have a smartphone...kinda sorta. I just don't use the phone part. I recently bought a Moto G because I wanted a cheap Android device I could carry around in my pocket, but it's one of the unlocked ones with no cell phone service, so basically I've got an iPod Touch-sized device, but with Android on it. I just take advantage of open wifi hotspots wherever I go.

I keep a prepaid flip phone that I pay $20 every 3 months on for emergencies and it's turned off most of the time. I guess I just really don't talk to people that often...outside of the internet that is.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow! I want to put this on the back of my car!

I gotta say I don't get people who have smartphones to just talk on the phones or do text messages. They don't use apps or browse the internet. They just use it as a phone and pay for it. My thought is if your still clinging to your old flip phone hold on tight and don't step up. I can't remember how I used to do anything on T9.I hate troubleshooting basic phones and backing up contacts can be a real pickle if you have over 200 of them. Its no wonder I never used to text. It would be super hard to go back. Its really not much cheaper to have a basic phone on one of the major U.S. carriers anymore and on many GoPhone plans unless your using something like Ting.

I run the back panel off on my phone. I myself like my apps, constant connectivity to the web, and ability to share that with my tablet anywhere. Except I got a LG Optimus Pro a few months back which is a relatively small phablet and cheaper than a Samsung Note so I could have one pocketable device to carry around instead of a tablet and a smartphone. A smartphone with a screen larger than 5 inches really makes the smart in the smartphone more practical..

Sgt Crowfield and EHT like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've seen people carry those Samsung Notes around and wonder if someone will try holding an iPad Mini to their ear next. Too big for me.

I hate talking on the phone. I use maybe 30 minutes of talk a month; texting is much easier. I use my phone for apps and 'Net surfing more than anything else though.

What's funny is when my family gets together, there will always be one counter or table holding up to 10 iPhones and chargers. We have to look at cases and apps to figure out whose is whose.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I use my phone mostly for browsing the web, email, music, camera, GPS, remote desktop, and quick note taking. I hate calling people. I don't really text that much. Its the most convenient device to take along on my hobbies like amateur astronomy or railfanning. I just don't find it convenient to carry more than one device most of the time.

That's pretty ironic considering all the customization possible with the iPhone with all the case options. Its like that at my family gatherings. A couple of my friends and my dad have copied me on getting a Phablet. It does get ridiculous with the 6 inch monsters. But I love having a smartphone the size of mine which is 5.5 inches, its still just small enough to get into a pocket but the screen is big enough its so much easier to work on. The even bigger Note 3 fits my pocket as well and is about the limit. Big phones are just as light in my hand as the iPhone or Galaxy S III and I don't find them anymore awkward to hold. Software options make them mostly one handed devices as one problem with a phone that size even for someone with big hands is it needs two hands to reach the entire touch screen and all the keys more like a tablet (Granted LG's rear keys on the Flex, which is enormous, are a cool compromise).

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I use(d) my smarthphone(s) for writing SMSes, navigation, music, as a timepiece, looking up stuff on the net and - most important - gaming. Like Seerow I hate talking on the telephone. I do, however, love to take snapshots of flowers, and this is where a small smarthphone really shines - I just need this one item to take with me wherever I go. Thinking of hubby's HUGE cameras (he's a hobby photographer) makes me shudder. As I said before, I hadn't needed one, but since hubby decided to get me one nevertheless, I use it, and I like what I can do with it.

EDIT
    As for a car sticker ... ah, I have no car foil handy at the moment. I like the idea, actually, though hubby would kill me if I decorated our car with TCW love.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    According to my workplace (Walmart) this site is a malware risk.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  21. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Ill again. *cry*

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I kept a Rebel Logo on the back window of my old car. I got a new car last weekend so wanted to put another one on. I got a black version of the logo but it just didn't look right so I put it on my tablet and ordered the white one like I had before. Thankfully they are only a $1 or so on Amazon.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    My brother convinced me to buy the Frozen soundtrack in Wal-Mart tonight. No regrets. :cool:

anakinfansince1983 and credar like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ I downloaded Let It Go and FTFTIF almost right after I saw the movie. The rest? Eh, I can take them or leave them.

Revanfan1 and credar like this.
  25. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Bu...but Todd...

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.