main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Two out of three is awesome. :) Good luck with that last phase.

Dark Lord Tarkas : DarthBreezy and I found Empire Strikes Back coasters at a flea market near London. We also found an old lunch box at a thrift store in the Seattle area. I'm surprised at how much vintage stuff you can find in second hand places.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So far I've only seen two vintage SW lunchboxes since I started collecting, one was metal and roached beyond all recognition, and the other just had R2 with an Ewok on it. So I still don't own one. The hunt is at least half the fun though!

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Today I was searching for a certain book on a shelf. I didn't find it, so I craned my neck to take a peek at the books on the shelf above.
    Crow: "Sheesh, I can't see a thing. I need a ladder."
    My son: "Mom, if you can't see a thing, you don't need a ladder: You need glasses."

4. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    It's OK, I actually enjoy Star Wars more now as I don't feel obligated to have to buy everything, and I can walk through my house and have guests over, you will find that the chase is better than the catch, and a quote from Fight Club that I now find 100% true "the things you own own you" or something like that:) You constantly worry about theft, fire, flood, and just normal age related decay. It is sort of a relief to not be responsible for the care of so many rare items.... It actually was pretty fun selling it...it was way more fun collecting things before ebay when you had to hunt stuff down at toy shows and flea markets,in the 1990's My best friend and I would travel to NYC, Philly, Indianapolis, and all over the midwest, east coast, and north east just to go to toy shows, now its just like set an ebay search alert and wait for it to show up....good luck on your search I do not have any lunch boxes to offer, I still have my vintage Droid Factory Playset and don't want to give it up, mostly because It was a gift from my grandparents when I was 5, more so than for the toy itself, which is pretty cool...if you can get near Cincinnati Ohio and search the Flea Markets that is about the best area for Flea Marketing because that was where Kenner was back in the day....

EDIT just saw a good lot of the 3 best vintage SW lunch boxes on ebay ending in less than 1 hour

and be careful as those metal ones were reproduced in the 1990's so make sure they are the actual and don't overpay:)

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Man, most users have such interesting origins for their UNs. Mine just came from the Andalite whom for kindness sake since he felt sorry for them gave the Yeerks the super advanced technology they would use to kill him and start enslaving the Galaxy. I'm kinda a walking disaster like that, LOL. I normally chose either Seerow or Metamorphical for my handles and for this one picked Seerow.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    <--- From the Valkyries of Old Norse / Viking religion. I considered Valkyris or Valkyrus, but thought Valkyris sounded more feminine, and I'm a dude, so Valkyrus it was.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have the most self-explanatory and boring user name ever.

Seerow and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, I flip flop way to much to be a anythingfansinceanytime.

9. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    I know several people who wish they would have made that same revelation before tattooing certain things on their bodies:)

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I just picked the name of an obscure character that was unlikely to be chosen, because I didn't want to be DarthVaderFan45816 or some combination of words and numbers. Just wanted a simple Star Wars-related name.

That and at the time I loved AOTC, and loved the arena battle and - like all of the background characters of Star Wars - a lot of the background Jedi caught my eye. And the Ask the Jedi Council Q&A section was on the official site back then and a question was asked as to who all the surviving Jedi were in the arena. Sora Bulq and Tarados Gon were the two it really came down to.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Hah, if I were male I might have made that mistake at one point. Would love to get Scar's tatoos on my arms. From FMA..

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've joked around about getting a Dewey Decimal number tattooed on my arm and a Tarheel tattooed on my ass, but the reality is that there's nothing about getting ink injected under my skin that I find the least bit appealing.

Not a bash of anyone who has ink, it just isn't for me.

I've had multiple piercings in the earlobes and I had my naval pierced pre-kids. Piercings grow back if you get tired of them.

13. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    I agree about no ink, you should see some of the guys I went to high school with, I have not seen any of them in years but most of them are covered in skulls and band mascots and logos from Slayer, Motorhead, Testament, Megadeth, Danzig/Misfits, Iron Maiden and the like, one particularly regrettable one is a giant Motley Crew Dr. Feelgood covering a guys entire chest that makes me laugh to even think about. I still like most of that kind of music but can not see going around covered in those tattoos at age 41:) if you tattoo a band logo or mascot on yourself you have to hope that everything they do from now on is good as you have already pre-endorsed it:oops:

I also knew one idiot who had a pot leaf tattooed on his neck....try getting pulled over for a speeding ticket with that one....I have a theory that every thing "gangsta" was actually devised by law enforcement who somehow tricked people into thinking it was cool.

think about it, if your pants are too low and your shoes are not tied right you can not run away, if your car is slammed down to the ground with the wheels flipped backwards you can't get away in a car chase, and if you have tattoos you cant lie about your identity.....

14. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I like tattoos alright (when they're not self-inflicted, that is), but I've seen too many geckos turn into Godzilla or sailing ships fold up to actually want one myself. My earlobe piercings didn't grow back, though ... using only three out of seven nowadays, but the others are still visible, and open at that. I tried to have my second pair disappear about 20 years ago. When I tested if I could still wear studs in them after not using them for seven or eight years, I didn't even have to push hard.

My username here is actually one of my earlier e-sports handles (just two preceeding it - Compass and Cobalt). Later on I used names of favorite RPG characters as forum handles.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Slayer, Danzig, and Misfits tattoos seems pretty common, but I'd be surprised to see a casual fan with a Testament tattoo. Know anyone with a Nuclear Assault tattoo?

16. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    nothing casual about those guys, most of them considered themselves "hardcore":cool:Testament's 1st Album The Legacy is still one of my all time favorites^:)^ , we went to see Over Kill on the Taking Over tour when we were in about 8-9th grade and had never heard of Testament, they opened and blew us away, one guy who is completely sleeved on both arms now actually had the Testament Skull thingy as his 1st Tattoo:) I have seen some Nuclear Assualt Tatoos at concerts I've been to, but not on anyone I know, I just saw a guy at Clearwater beach the other day who had Bad Brains Tattooed on his upper arm, I thought that was pretty obscure...the coolest Tattoo I have seen recently was a guy who Tattooed the back of his hand to look like Luke's battle damaged bionic hand....I said wasn't that a painful spot to get tattooed? He said "yes":)I have heard It is actually illegal to give tattoos below the wrist in most of the USA, he was from Venezuala but I don't know where he got the Tattoo. One of the guys who sells SW toys down near Tampa also does Tattoos and actually had a booth at the SW celebration in Orlando giving SW themed Tattoos...

17. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I've considered Harry Potter or Game of Thrones tattoos, but I'm not sure. I do want to run for public office soon...

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A local state senator I know is pretty much a biker, and has tattoos to match, mostly on his arms. He's one of the most popular politicians in the area here. :cool:

19. Weechee

Dec 12, 2013
    based on my own observations in Florida I think about 90% of all people under 30 have tattoos

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    90% of everyone in the Greater Boston area has tattoos, myself not included though. It's definitely an Irish-American thing. :p

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

Well, then...

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm like Seerow in that I flip flop a lot in my tastes. And so I would see one of two things happening.

1. I would get a tattoo for something that I love, have that love wane, and then be stuck with this tattoo.
    2. Have a tattoo for something I love, have that love shift to something else, then feel compelled to get a tattoo that is in some way related to that new thing, and then have it spiral out of control.

My interests tend to split between biology/zoology and then pop culture stuff like Star Wars, DC Universe, Star Trek, etc. So IF I ever felt compelled to get a tattoo, it would likely be somehow related to one of these interests. The idea of just some random cool design doesn't appeal to me (like, I don't see myself ever compelled to get some tribal tattoo). But I also would feel like an idiot I think if I had something like a Superman logo on my arm.

I am a big fan of Jurassic Park, and I post over at a JP3 forum (the website was dedicated to JP3, but pretty much after all this time the board has devolved into its own version of Fisto's Disco as long time members posting for over a decade continue to chat). And I see members occasionally post pictures of tattoos and some of them have JP tattoos. And while I love JP (it's actually my favorite move, it's just not as fun to discuss as Star Wars) seeing people with JP logos on their bodies doesn't make me think "that's sweet" it just makes me think that they've branded themselves as geeks.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, I flip flop to the point getting tattoos for just one thing I like would leave me covered. Full Metal Alchemist would be problematic since I'd end up with the flamel, Al's blood seal, the flame alchemy tattoo on Hawkeye's back, Mustang's flame alchemy transmutation circle, and Scar's transmutation arrays on his arms. Yeah, honestly I'm surprised I've stayed interested in Star Wars so long. Normally after a few months of anything I lose interest. Even with my favorite things such as Sailor Moon and yes Power Rangers my interest just isn't as strong I might tease someone myself if I saw someone with the PR lightning bolt tattooed on them. For interests I'm just more into Star Wars, FMA, Anirmophs, and possibly TMNT at the moment and even within those things if you ask me for a favorites lists it'll change depending on the day.

Speaking of TMNT I just watched the trailer. I like it and hate it at the same time. It looks awesome and turtle smashing a Humvee with his shell is awesome but man its blatantly obvious its a Michael Bay film even without seeing his name or Meagan Fox in it and I just don't know if TMNT can work as edgy. Dark yes but edgy no way. I also don't like the Foot Clan looking like mercs with assault rifles. Still, the show on Nick is cool but just isn't anything special.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This has probably been posted on this board at some point in the past, but it bears a repost IMHO. It's from early 1998 and is an irreverent little mock at LFL made by some fans. It's amazingly good considering how relatively primitive by today's standards was both the software they had to use and the machines they had to run it on. (Sub-500MHz single core pentiums.) There's a load of 3D rendered TIEs in this movie, groundbreaking for a fan film of the time.

25. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    A former workmate had married a girl when he was still underage, and he had her name tattooed on his arm.
    A few years later, when he was twenty-something, they divorced. Everybody and his brother told my workmate to get rid of the name tattoo, but he told them that he was going to keep it - his ex-wife had been a part of his life, and so was the tattoo.
    He married another woman, had a daughter, had grandchildren. When he turned 60, his second wife left him for a younger man.
    About a year or so later, he got a call by his first wife - her second husband had recently died, and she just needed someone to talk to. In one bold move, my workmate invited her to stay at his huge farmhouse for the time being.
    Well, guess what, they're a couple again. Have been living at his place for several years now. I visited them about a month ago, and they are very happy.
    He never regretted the tattoo he got as a kid.

Paparazzo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.