main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    TaradosGon : As I think everyone around here knows by now, my drink of choice is wine, and no sweet ****, the dry or dry-ish stuff only. As far as beer, I was a big Natural Light fan in my 20s (my brother teased me about drinking "Nasty Light") but more recently I'd rather go without than drink the cheap stuff. Bud Light with lime is about all I can pretend to tolerate in the way of cheap beer. But I rarely go to parties; out with a handful of friends is as close as I get.

I like tequila and dark rum (and Captain Morgan spiced rum) for liquor but only in drinks; I love a good margarita. Blueberry vodka in lemonade is great in the summer too.

I've got several scotch and bourbon drinkers in my family and ugh. I just don't understand the love that stuff gets. And whiskey surpasses a lot of levels of gross.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Two different co-workers gave me a 12 pack of coke as my secret Santa gifts two year in a row. That's pretty bad.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I drink soda maybe a couple of times a year and then it's Diet Coke. I like the unsweetened sparkling water that Trader Joe's has; drinking the mandarin orange flavor right now.

I also think I'm the only Southerner who doesn't like sweet tea. I prefer unsweetened and fruit flavored.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't stand tea of any kind. I need to drink more water. <<;

And damn I wish my company would make up their mind about telecommuting. After working from home two days its even harder to get my ass up and drive to work. I like dealing with all these angsty teenagers on Twitter (20 year customer my ass sir. You sound like a 15 year old, sure you can speak to my supervisor but can I speak to your mother first?) from my couch.

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can easily go through a 12 pack in a day. According to one of my co-workers, ~$2,000 are spent each year on soft drinks. I'm apparently responsible for $800 of that.

I'm not a sweet tea fan either. I usually drink hot black or earl gray tea without sweetener, though I'll occasionally add a little honey. I haven't tried any fruit flavored teas. I'll have to try a few.

6. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Where I work it is constant that we either have Red Bull or some sort of caffeinated drink. Back in college I constantly binged on Mountain Dew. Speaking of tea, I know Snapple is basically sugar with more sugar but their black tea with peach is fantastic.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I used to go through half a pack a day. I had cut back alot to one a day and been good about drinking water all the time from last May all the way to like late Feb. Got fewer headaches too. But after I got promoted and started working nights again I just fell off the wagon. I'm probably more like 2-3 cokes a day, 1 water, and Sprite Zero rest of the time now.

8. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I've tried several times to stop. I can usually make it a month, but not much longer than that. Between work and college I only average about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. So I suppose it's a necessary evil.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

This is what I blame my 'addiction on'. Its the damn night shift. It just wrecks having any kind of routine. I start going to bed at 5am because that's where most of my 'me' time is now and I still get up around 10am to go run my errands and do my house hold chores. My friends hate me because they think I sleep in everyday but really I get maybe 5 hours of sleep a day, that is when I'm not on one of my insomnia stints.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I usually go to bed at 3, get up at 8. I love listening to my friends, who regularly get 7-8 hours of sleep, whine about being tired all the time.

Seerow likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm a coffee drinker, between a third and half a pot a day. My reaction to the Keurig craze is "Who the hell only drinks one cup?" I use soy creamer and no sugar. And I can't drink the cheap stuff; Maxwell House and Folgers in the can taste like ****.

Hot green tea or peppermint tea with raw honey is my go-to drink when I'm sick. I like hot tea at other times too though; Trader Joe's used to have a good blueberry green tea but they discontinued it.

I don't like plain water much either but seltzer is great.

I used to drink Powerade Zero after exercising but I've discovered Zico chocolate coconut water and never looked back.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I absolutely cannot stand soda, or any carbonated drinks for that matter. I will never understand the appeal. [face_dunno]

Beer on the other hand is pretty good. I generally prefer imported brews, with the exception of Sam Adams and Yuengling, the latter of which is finally available in Mass. :D

And AF I find Keurigs pretty convenient, though yeah I myself have a Mr. Coffee. I generally won't have more than one mug a day, since I drink coffee for the taste rather than its effects. (as in, I stay up or sleep as I want, stuff like coffee or Nyquil doesn't affect how tired or not I am)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Yeah, they also get mad at me because I'm always working when they want to hang out and I'm often the designated driver. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could work 9-5?

That's one of my problems. I just can't stand plain water. I have to use those Crystal Light packs like the lemonade ones to help me want to drink it. I know I'm weird. x.x;

And I don't even drink coffee and I don't get the Keurig thing. Those are k-cup things are the biggest ripoff.

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    My friends used to get pissed off since I could rarely hang out, but now that they've all got jobs...

I typically only drink plain water when I'm not feeling well, otherwise I can't stand it. Many of my RL friends are the same way.

I use a Keurig simply because I don't usually have time to make a proper cup of coffee or tea...And because I was gifted one. I'd probably just drink soda otherwise.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, well, my friends don't help my inferiority complex when it comes to 9-5 day jobs.

I use the Keurig for hot chocolate, in the are event there is an excuse to make it in FL. Its beautiful outside right now. I can't believe the weather dude is forecasting hail storms tonight.

17. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

Heh.....in Michigan it is usually a chance of snow 365 days a year. What I would give to be in FL.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

And I'll rub it in. I love my mild winters and Florida sunshine. This is lightning ally so big thunderstorms come with it.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The clouds are rolling in here, I think it's supposed to hit within the hour. Considering how many times my house has been struck by lightning, I don't think I'd want to move to Florida. :p

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I don't know what to say. I feel like your trying to jinx me bro...

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Nah, but I probably just jinxed myself.

22. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    lily ledbetter? this afternoon's top political story is that your beloved infallible Barac Obama administration pays women an average of 18% less than men who do the same jobs....Whitehouse spokesperson Jay Carney defends by saying "well it is better than the national average"[face_rofl]

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, we've moved on. It's drinks and weather discussion time now.

I'd move to Michigan before I'd move to Florida. I don't like sunshine that much, I'd be very happy if summer only lasted two months and rarely got above 80 degrees, and I love snow.

The day I'm too old to wear a swimsuit and get a tan will be the day I'll be happy to never see another summer day.

It's in the mid-50s and rainy here today. A dollar says someone on my Facebook feed is complaining about wanting to wear flip-flops.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have a friend who has been trying to get me to move up to the Baltimore area for line two years now. Says they got jobs and the weathers not that bad. I say, yeah, whatever. I would like to move to the West Coast of FL though. Sarasota is where its at. B)

25. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    yes if I had been making the case you have been making over the past several days, and then heard this news, I would want to move on too[face_rofl]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.