main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I don't like Agents Of Shield. And I usually tend to give shows 3 or 4 episodes before I decide if I like them or not.

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Agents of SHIELD really shot up once The Winter Soldier came out. The premiere was great and I'm excited to see where this season goes!

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    With Gotham, I gave the first episode a 7 and the second one a 6.5. There's plenty of good material but the show so far can't understand what it wants to be, what tone it wants to consistently establish, and what subtlety means. It's average so far for me but I'll give it a few episodes before I let go of it.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Gotham is yet to really impress me. If anything I like the guys as Gordon and Penguin, but not much else. Bullock is okay, but sometimes over the top in a bad way.

As for lack of subtlety, I'm highly guessing that stand-up comedian in the first ep is you-know-who.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I didn't get the comedian; I saw the three other villains though.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So guys were you on any star wars forums/discussion boards before finding the JCF.

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ummm ... no, I wasn't. I think. It's been a while.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got on Star Wars-related Yahoo mailing lists (anyone else remember those?) sometime around the TPM premiere. Joined here for the first time in 2000. I think I found this place using a Yahoo search engine; lurked for months before I joined.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I am a forum crawler and on many forums but TCW brought me to a Star Wars board for the first time somewhere between Seasons 3 and 4. Infact, oddly enough, TCW drew me into the SW fandom beyond just being a series of cool movies to me.

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    TCW drew me in as well. Though it was already significant, TCW increased my SW fandom to critical mass.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Am I the only one who has been a fan since the days when the OT was the only Star Wars? :_|

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There was EU before the OT was completed (Marvel SW, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, the Daley trilogy ...)

So, the OT was never the only Star Wars ;)

QuangoFett likes this.
  13. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

I was a fan of the movies since the days of the OT. Saw Star Wars on it's original release in the Theater when I was 10 months old, or so I'm told. Aside from a few Lucasarts games in the 90s, I didn't really get into any other part of Star Wars lore until TCW, though.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've had my share of SW games man. Rogue Squadron. Still holding out hope Project Aces will team up with whoever holds rights or authority at some point and do a Star Wars version of an Ace Combat game. Nerdgasm...

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Seerow

If they made a Star Wars version of the Ace Combat games I would be in heaven.

I have a Jedi Starfighter game for my original XBOX. And a Starfighter game, the one with the Naboo S-1 starfighters for my PS2. Fun times.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well everyone knows the internet didn't exist before 1999!:p

Someday someone has to run a poll to determine how many of us lurked for a while (i.e. longer than one day) before joining. I imagine it must be a lot.

It also makes you wonder how many folks are lurking here in the virtual shadows, listening to this very conversation...[face_worried]

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Barriss_Coffee

[​IMG]

I admit I lingered a bit before I joined. This place looked and is a ton of fun with some great people.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was too shy to jump in. Finally I decided, **** it, what's the worst that could happen if I signed up and said hi?

...which is incidentally how I also started posting in LACWAC regularly on the temp boards after doing a lot of lurking on the IGN boards.

19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

I wasn't even alive. Young and beautiful. [face_dancing]

20. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    TIE Fighter: The quintessential Star Wars Space Combat Simulator. There is no more warm, wonderful feeling in the world than being able to go head to head with the rebels in your tricked out TIE Advanced or TIE Defender, come in behind an X-Wing or an A-Wing and stuff a concussion missile up it's exhaust vents.

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    TCW unlocked my true "NEEEEEERD" power level.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    A woman rewrote "Harry Potter" as a right-wing conservative tale titled "Harry Potter and the School of Prayers and Miracles."

RAGE. Don't alter a good story because it doesn't jive with your worldview. Even if it's a troll, it's just sad.

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 and Doop like this.
  23. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    That's disgusting.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I heard about that.

Not sure why she couldn't just read her kids Veggie Tales and the Left Behind series and leave the rest of us alone.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Why the heck would someone do that? I mean, I get she might be really religious but there's nothing wrong with Harry Potter as it is. It's a wonderful story that every child should read if they can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.