main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    His missions are awesome. :D

2. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I'm sorry, Dark Souls i s horrifying. Have you beaten it yet?

Breathe life into this hollow vessel or rebirth. Over and over be denied this peaceful eaaaaaaarth.

3. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I'll be honest, Dark Souls actually got boring because of the sheer amount of repetition you go through for regular enemies,boss fights,etc,etc. I suppose that's fun but I actually got burnt out before getting the Lord Souls.

4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    So the guys over at 4chan (/co/) are going to be making a Sand avatar series. It's really cool and it's very organized. They plan on making it a webcomic or something like that.

5. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Seems pretty cool from what I've been keeping up with. Cold War style avatar set in the 1980s.

Doop likes this.
  6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is it true that there is a even higher rank then Chosen One on JFC called Kwisatz Haderach ?

7. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I know. I'm not big on the 80s style, because I'm having a hard time picturing it, but it sounds interesting.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Top Television - 2014
    1. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (FX)

In the age when the Discovery Channel and the History Channel have gone down the proverbial rabbit hole with the promise of never returning, FX’s Cosmos, headed by an amazing Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, was a revelation. Dr. Tyson never makes the science seem easy, but he renders the material in a fashion in a way that is understandable and inspiring.

Best Episode: Standing Up in the Milky Way

2. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

John Oliver’s HBO comedy show, modeled in some fashion after The Colbert Report and The Daily Show, broke out of the mold in tremendous fashion. There are no limitations, no one he won’t make fun of, and as sad as this is to say, Oliver covers some of the most relevant events cable news networks are too afraid to.

Best Segment: Translators’ Visas

3. Homeland (Showtime)

After a Season 3 that saw the show struggle with its plot lines and finally killed off a character that should have died at the end of the previous season, there were many questions as to how the show could even survive. Season 4 of this CIA espionage thriller was utterly thrilling and once it hit episode six, there was no moment that didn’t leave you utterly breathless with tension as the show continued to convey how doomed the entire War on Terror truly is.

Best Episode: There’s Something Else Going On

4. Game of Thrones (HBO)
    The HBO fantasy juggernaut saw its highest-rated year in a season that was brimming with moments of absolute shock and unrequited despair. If you thought the show was bloody before, the body count at the end of the season should solve any doubts about the show going soft after the Red Wedding. Westeros is now more fragile than ever before.

Best Episode: The Lion and the Rose

5. Fargo (FX)

While seeming at initial glance to be a terrible idea, the Fargo miniseries was basically perfection, boasting some of the sharpest writing this year. Add to it the winning performances from Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, and breakout star Allison Tolman, you have a winner.

Best Episode: A Fox, A Rabbit, And A Cabbage

6. Boardwalk Empire (HBO)

The final season of the Prohibition drama was unfortunately cut to 8 episodes, which had the ironic effect of producing some of the best writing this series has ever seen. The final shots were divisive, but there is something to be said for a series that refuses to give happy endings to anyone, instead at the most leaving them with vestiges of hope or bullets for some.

Best Episode: Devil You Know

7. The Americans (FX)

The Soviet era spy drama was on full blast this year, mixing espionage and personal drama throughout with aplomb. The final revelations that the Jennings’s children are now targeted to become spies for the Kremlin sets the stage for a magnificent Season 3.

Best Episode: Behind the Red Door

8. The Honourable Woman (Sundance/BBC)

The most intricately plotted series of the year, the BBC drama centered on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict contains some of the most nuanced perspectives on quandary mixed in with some truly thrilling espionage. And the line of the year may very well go to Maggie Gyllenhaal’s Nessa Stein: “Terror breeds in poverty. It dies in wealth.”

Best Episode: The Ribbon Cutter

9. The Knick (Cinemax)

Steven Soderbergh retired from film and if the result of that is this groundbreaking medical series on Cinemax, I’ll take it. Full of mesmerizing performances, appropriate gore, and some of the most uncomfortable realizations of 1920s racism that we still haven’t truly gotten past.

Best Episode: Get the Rope

10. The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon)

The final season of the Avatar universe on screen may not have been as great as Season 3, but The Legend of Korra over its run has provided some of the most acclaimed storytelling through beautiful animation that never ceases to amaze. Time and time again the show proved that it was far more than simply a “kids’ show”, proving to be more daring and transcendent than most programming on television. We’ll miss you, Korra.

Best Episode: Korra Alone

If this list were to be expanded to 25, these are numbers 11-25 in order: True Detective (HBO), The Good Wife (CBS), Penny Dreadful (Showtime), The Affair (Showtime), Outlander (Starz), Transparent (Amazon), Veep (HBO), Olive Kitteridge (HBO), Mad Men (AMC), Masters of Sex (Showtime), Parks and Recreation (NBC), Louie (FX), The Mindy Project (FX), Doctor Who (BBC), Black Mirror (BBC)

9. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Sand Avatar ?

10. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Yup. Sandbender.

11. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Cool, have they decided on a name for the project yet ?

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My best TV of 2014 would probably be Cosmos, The Big Bang Theory and The Daily Show, in no particular order.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  13. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Provided this is your opinion review you gotta admit that the creators struck gold with that series finale enough to get people to put a damn show from Nickelodeon onto a bestof list.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Yes and no they want to make that a rank but they don't have enough trophy points right now to get to the 5000 it would take so there is one thing you can do go think of trophies if you really want it to happen then tell a mod about your ideas.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For anyone interested Telltale is making a new game called Minecraft story mode

yep you read that correctly mine craft is getting a story.

16. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder who will be the main villain ? some creature ? A anti-steve that destroys instead of builds ? , a random troll ?

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I saw people were talking about Legend of Korra earlier in this thread, just wanted to say that I have been binge watching the whole series over Christmas and I loved loved LOVED it! Seriously, what an amazing show. Korra is such a great breath of fresh air as far as protagonists these days. And Korrasami is an adorable ship. They make a great couple and to have it officially confirmed that the final, canon romance for the protagonist is a bisexual one with another woman is awesome. It was like Mass Effect all over again for me, one of the biggest reasons I love that series is because of FemShep and how she's a great female role model. Now I've seen an even better one in Korra. 10/10.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Herobrine?:p

19. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I love Korra, think it's a damn good show but it shouldn't get as much praise that it has been getting the past few days. At the times the show was:
    • Shoddy writing
    • Had terrible pacing
    • Tended to have a lot of flat or uninteresting characters
    I can sympathize knowing that Korra had executive meddling before the series began,was slated to be a one off series. The show suffered from a lack of episodes rather than bad stories or characters, season 2 is excluded because that was just a bad season. Of course season 2 was never planned so they actually had to come up with something and it ended up being...eugh, one of the worst things they did was Unavaatu, giant spirit Korra,Deus Ex Jinora and the Mako,Korra, and Asami love triangle.
    Korrasami is a good ship I mean they had more chemistry than Mako and Korra did.

Doop likes this.
  20. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I still like Avatar better. Korra had more characters though.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh believe me guys, I followed TCS from start to finish, I know what bad writing is like. I would agree with you on a lot of points where the writing was off par or super predictable.

22. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    TCS? Plus I've watched TLA since it began airing and was still in elementary school, thought it was one the best things to ever air on Nick, in fact it honestly was. I hated Aang oddly enough but I began to like them.

23. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    If there is one thing i hate with a passion about LoK it has to be Bolin, because his character begins and ends with comic relief, they tried to give him a character arc in Book 4 but by then it was far to late, i simply didn't care if he made it back to Republic City. LoK never had the best comedy (only in book 1), and it woud've been okay if he was actually funny, but his jokes fail so so hard, i laughed more at Jar Jar's jokes, JAR JAR's JOKES, if you laugh more at Jar Jar then something is seriously wrong

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Sorry I meant to type TCW. Tablet autocorrected it without me noticing.

25. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    So i sat down and watched one of the movies i got as a christmas gift, named Snowpiercer and it was one of the best films i have ever seen :D i would gladly recommend it to anyone. :D
    + It was so unpredictable :D
    + Interesting Characters
    + It was so dark, and that ending while ambiguous, didn't look to good for the protagonists
    + Very interesting twists
    + It really was food for thought aswell, since it raises interesting questions ''What would i do if i was on the train ?''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.