main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011

It's blue, black and ugly.

credar and captainkenbo like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I did and it pissed me off.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Do not mention 'The Dress'

captainkenbo likes this.
  4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They were talking about "The Dress" on the radio today, on a morning talk show that's usually pretty vulgar/funny (Dave and Chuck the Freak - Detroit area radio personalities). I just now am seeing the picture. I will say that it interests me from a scientific(?) standpoint in that how color works and is perceived is not something I ever understood fully.

Stupid semi-related Star Wars fact:

I have no idea what color Tarados Gon "really" is due to variances in lighting and background color.

@0.15 (only the back of his head is visible) = brown
    @0.16 (he turns to look over his shoulder) = more of a grayed out pink
    @0.41 (he turns to look over his should again) = more of a saturated crimson (still slightly grayed)

To me, "The Dress" is clearly blue/black, but on the radio there were a couple people advocating the white/gold idea, which I don't see at all. But for whatever reason, some arbitrary Star Wars background character caught my eye, and I'm sure the actor was wearing the same mask the entire time, so it's not like the color of it ever changed, but it can appear to change from brown to pink to red, depending on lighting and the contrast with the background, and for some reason that interested me.

EDIT: RIP Leonard Nimoy :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My book fair theme for the spring is "Under the Sea."

I've got this song in my head all the time now:

I'll probably blast it on family shopping night to try to get the kids unhooked from the Frozen soundtrack.

7. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    RIP Leonard Nimoy.

jabberwalkie and TaradosGon like this.
  8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh no. :(

That just... sucks. It sucks. I have nothing else to say really that wouldn't start to sound over-flowery and hammed up, so I'll just leave it at that. This news really, really sucks.

They should bury him on Mars.

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    A part of me wishes that they allow for a small portion of his ashes (if he is cremated) to be launched into deep space as tribute.

10. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    They did it for Roddenberry as I recall.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

They do it but obviously not deep space.

12. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    RIP Nimoy :(
    I've only seen a couple of the original Trek movies and episodes I hope to watch them all eventually

jabberwalkie likes this.
  13. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Very sad about Nimoy. RIP.

Lessons learned today: Don't argue with a kid what pop culture is.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The Next Generation and The Original Series are generally the most popular two, but like you, I could never get into the Original series.

The Next Generation is pretty good overall, but honestly - and I mean no disrespect to the man's memory - but I felt like it got better after Roddenberry died. A lot of the pretentiousness of the earlier seasons goes away. The show starts to really hit its stride around the end of Season 3 and definitely by Season 4.

Deep Space Nine is my favorite, but the way that season opens requires that you have at least seen the two parter "The Best of Both Worlds" from The Next Generation.

I've watched Enterprise, DS9, and TNG in their entirety. About 50% of Voyager, and only the first season of TOS.

Star Trek I feel gets a bad reputation from people erroneously picturing it as the worst of TOS crossed with TNG. TOS has the laughingly bad special effects and TNG is the most "geeky" I'd say. Deep Space Nine had the most interesting captain, IMO and the latter seasons featured a war and focused heavily on the ethics of war. I feel like it doesn't conform to what most people would assume Star Trek to be according to stereotypes. Voyager was OK, but I don't think the cast had the same chemistry as TOS, TNG or DS9.

16. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
  17. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    I know. I should be ashamed.

18. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I was trying to figure out which philosopher needed some Jar Jar translation. Hegel is really the only logical option.

" inda kinds of certainty hitherto consider,da truth for consciousness is someth other than consciousness itself.da conception,however,of dis truth vanishes inda course of weesa experience of it.what da object immediata was in itself — whether mere be in sense-certainty,a concreta th in perception,or force inda case of understand — it turns out,in truth,no to be dis really; but instead,dis inherent nature proves to be a way in which isa for a other."

It's a monstrosity.

Kentoa likes this.
  19. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    "Howa ganna mirrors be real if weesa eyes aren't real"

- Philosopher Jaden Smith

20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Question, having read some of his tweets, how is that any different from normal?

TaradosGon and Kentoa like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Qouted part of the inaugural speech by Kennedy
    "final,whether yousa citizens of america or citizens of da biiig empire,ask of us here da same high standards of strength and sacrifice which weesa ask of yousa.witha bombad conscience weesa on sure reward,with history da final judge of weesa deeds,let us goin forth to lead da land weesa lovein,ask his bless and his help,but know da here on earth god’s jobbin must tru be weesa own."

22. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    "doo-doo magnets.howa doin thesa jobbin?"

TaradosGon likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    "mesa da danger "

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "My yousa car tow all da way to yousa house and all yousa be got in for missa is light beer?"

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.