main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, I hope they have that too. And another thing I'm looking forward too is flying. That was always a fun part of the past Battlefront games for me.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope they have a bit of The PT in there.

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    TheSilentInfluence

I'm hoping for large ground combat action. I get my flight enjoyment from other games like DCS and Elite: Dangerous. ;)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am hopping for space to ground.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow Maul won over sidious.

6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hondo's losing to Pre Vizsla in early voting?! This can not stand! We must unite in our support for The Most Interesting Man in the Galaxy!!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I've never played those games, are they good?

That took me off guard lol. I was pretty surprised.

As much as I liked Pre Vizsla I still voted for Hondo. :p I'm a bit surprised Hondo is losing though.

8. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    DCS (short for Digital Combat Simulator) is an flight sim that has different airplanes (the focus of the sim, but there is a ground component as well) with a complex flight model. Some cockpits are fully clickable, while some others are not and you use keyboard commands (you can also do things via the keyboard for the clickable planes). Planes that are in there are the SU-25, A-10C and A, F-15C, SU-27, SU-33, Mig-29, and more. In addition there are helicopters in the game: Ka-50, UH-1H, and Mi-8. Most of it is done by modules (SU-25 and TF-51D are free), but don't require you to own it to see the models in game. You only need to own it to fly it. The current map is HUGE. Some of the cooler aspects are the user created fictional missions that progress.

Elite: Dangerous is pretty new. Set in the future (current time is year 3301), you are given the base ship and a thousand credits to start out, and is our Milky Way Galaxy (400 billion systems). There are multiple different roles a player can take on such as explorer, trader, or a combat role. There are a few different ways to play the game and advance in it, but you want to essentially become "elite" ranked in the game. Right now the best way to progress is to either do bounty hunting or through trade. I spent a good bit of time trading to build up some income, but have transitioned over to doing exploration and bounty hunting. Exploring is essentially going sightseeing in the galaxy right now. Now that the game has been updated to 1.2, they introduced the ability to create a wing so you can go out with your friends and bounty hunt or pirate. The game is honestly going through a bit of growing pains right now because while there are some community activities and events for players to participate in, there isn't an overall story. There are three different modes to play in: open play (you see NPC's as well as players), solo (you only see NPC's), and private group (you see NPC's as well as other players in the private group). There isn't really a single player mode, but you can learn some of the basics in the single player training mode. I think there are currently 17 ships in game or varying size, capabilities, and use. Some of the ships are clearly trading, while others are clearly combat oriented, and there are others that have multiple uses.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Both of those sound awesome, but I'm more intrigued by the second game lol. That sounds like a great game and I especially like that you can be a Bounty Hunter. Thanks for telling me about these games though. :)

10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Elite is an interesting beast honestly. It takes time to actually get a ship and completely outfit it, and of course there is always the risk that some could pull you out of supercruise and just start shooting you. It has happened a few times to me, but fortunately I was able to get away with only some damage. I will link the game's website and the wiki for the game so you an read up on it.

http://www.elitedangerous.com/?gcli...ZH2LOp2ZEaZaRNcMMzIq-hoCXtjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Wiki

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you. I'll be sure to check it out and let you know what I think about it. :)

jabberwalkie likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    =P~ This may be the first time in my life I won't have the patience to wait for a video game console to no longer be current generation before I buy it. Dying to play this!

13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Any European members currently watching the solar eclipse?

Coffee Two Sugars likes this.
  14. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    Yes. Just a small sun slice is left ... and the dog is afraid.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just got the LACWACy trophy.

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm split over if I should buy FnaF (Five Nights at Freddy's) or not ? [face_thinking]

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The gameplay looks alright. I haven't played it myself though.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I played it i would get way to scared.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My son plays that one, loves it.

He doesn't scare easily though.

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was so hyped for the solar eclipse today, But it wasn't that great to be honest :(
    And I was stupid enough to look up (If only for a moment:p)
    Today we also celebrated Rocka Sockorna (Rock the socks) I don't think it's an international thing, but it was started by a 10 year old after she noticed that people where treating her sister with Downs syndrome differently. It's pretty basic, you just put on a odd pair of socks to look different

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Phew now I don't need to worry about the fact I missed it:p

DarthTalgus likes this.
  22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Welp, I can now say that I've written a Star Wars comic. Not a canon one, obviously, but still!

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Congrats. :)

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Rex and Vizla won in this is madness

Next round

Admiral Piett vs Tarkin

R2 vs Sabine

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just realized that every planet in KOTOR except for where the Rakata lived are now a Canon Planet and that makes me happy.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.