main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This day in history....

August 8th;

1974 - Watergate scandal: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his resignation, effective the next day.

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Anyone got anything interesting happening this weekend then? :D

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I'm in work tomorrow, 6-12. It'll be dull, but it'll give me a chance to listen to this weeks Forcecasts uninteruppted :) Then I'll come home and be knackered for the rest of the day :p I was thinking of popping into Reading on Sunday and having a look in TRU, but I've learned from the collecting forum that the next wave of SW figures isn't due out here until September. So I probably won't bother :p

Got a couple of Poirot DVDs to watch, and a whole stack of movies lined up. I'm also currently reading Dave Prowse's autobiography (opinionated, obviously, but very interesting nonetheless), so I want to get hacking into that too.
    Damn, my life's exciting. :D

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Tina and I are learning to sail this weekend.

Edmonton, Alberta is not exactly on the coast, but we have a camping spot at a local lake, which has a Sailing Club. I am somewhat nervous because I am not great in the water, nor do I have any boating experience beyond canoeing. Still should be fun.

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Cool :) Is that with a view to going on a sailing holiday, or just to try something new?

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Blackout, what does Dave say about his bust up with George Lucas? Any juicy tid-bits? [face_laugh]

Garth, you have no idea how exotic your weekend sounds to little me here in the middle of Rural England!:cool: [face_laugh]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hopefully the sky will be clear enough on sunday to see that meteor shower they've been talking about.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Well my day was totally made today at the bowling alley i work part time at- a bunch of parents took about 3 lanes next to their kids birthday party lanes...and later one reported having ball return issues. Well, it turns out the "issue" was the fact that these inconvievable morons had kept throwing balls down the lanes and more balls down the lanes and actually managed to completely back up the entire subway of the ball return from ramp to ramp with 61 balls! 61!

That means they basicly grabbed about 90% of the balls on the one side of the house and chucked them down the same pair of lanes, somehow oblivious to the thought of where the balls were going. :oops: :oops: :oops: They were packed in there so densely you literally couldn't even push the balls down the subway to the return ramp. The mechanics and other employees I was working with to help fix the situation were unanimous in that they had never heard of, let alone seen, anything like this before.

After we moved the idiots and extracted the balls from the lane, I think I must have laughed myself to tears for about 30 minutes and released the entire euphoric chemical reserves of my body [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh].

I'm gonna be feeling good all day long :D

I must applaud such an astounding and spectactular act of communal idiocy =D=

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Oh I love those kinda idotic moments where people do the stupidest things and instead of feeling disgusted, it's actually disgustingly funny.

Like today at work, I work at a grocery store and I was in the back room with some of my buddies. One of the grocery boys were pulling in a skid of damaged flour. One of the guys from produce bet me he could snort a line about 2 inches thick and atleast 3 long.

He did it, he sneezed and it went all over his uniform.

It was super gross, but interestingly entertaining.

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Never underestimate the stupidity of human beings! [face_laugh]

I mean, look no further than the election of the current US President![face_beatup]

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've just seen a couple of meteors![face_dancing]

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    2 more hours till it's visible where I reside

I'm looking foward, and I feel like a nerd for being so excited.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    why should you feel like a nerd for being excited for something beautiful?

2 hours to go for me, doubt I'm going to make it. Sailing was very tiring and quite difficult; it's not really my thing. A good adventure/experience, but you wouldn't want me on your sailing team...

Saw the new Harry Potter film, thought it was pretty bad, at least compared to the 3rd and 4th.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah Sublime, don't feel like a nerd for enjoying the wonder's of nature. :D

Interesting you say that about HP Garth, I've heard a few people say its not as good as three and four. I think the biggest mistake they've made with this series, is taking the music away from John Williams. :(

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I love John Williams, but usually for me, music doesn't make or break a film.

I just found the Order of the Phoenix pretty boring, and though obviously the films won't have as much detail/explanation as the novels, I found there was barely ANY explanation. The wizard battle at the end was actually quite well done, but there was one shot at the climax of the movie that made my wife and I laugh out loud.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    John Williams is a musical genius and firing him from a trilogy is a big mistake.

He probably put a hex on the film with his conducting wand.

But I agree, music does not make or break the film. All together, I've never been a fan of HP. I don't understand the craze.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Alas, the clouds did not cooperate last night- maybe I'll see a few stragglers tonight.

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Weather and cloud is the bane of the stagazers life here in the UK, naturally. I remember that even the last solar eclipse in 1999 was obscured by cloud. :( :_|

19. NoelGhallagher

NoelGhallagher Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    Ok first off it's been awhile since i've been on the boards but anyways i of course know that they are coming out with the clone wars and the live action tv shows but arent they supposed to come out with another animated show, also i believe i read somewhere that GL said that if the live action show does well he would think about doing a KOTOR show, is this true?

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I really doubt it. KOTOR has pretty much been left for EU comics and possibily a KOTOR III.

George is sticking to the Saga for his show ideas, the stuff we miss between the PT and OT.

21. NoelGhallagher

NoelGhallagher Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2007
    I could have sworn i read about GL saying that about KOTOR but oh well. So is there going to be another animated show besides the new clone wars?

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Not that we know of, so far only 3D CW is confirmed along with the live action show. Everything else is up in the air.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This day in history...

August 14th;

1947 - Pakistan gains Independence from the British Indian Empire under the administration of United Kingdom and joins the British Commonwealth

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This day in history....

August 15th;

1947 - India gains independence from the United Kingdom and becomes an independent nation within the Commonwealth.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    And 60 years later, has revolutionized English cooking.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.