main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    TheSilentInfluence

The expansion is impressive, 16 chapters in total. 4 for Rep, 4 for Imp, 8 for 3rd faction. I am bemused as to how it's going to be implemented. According to Duffy, the story goes like this...

• Very early on in Knights of Fallen Empire, you are frozen in carbonite. When you are awoken, years have passed and you quickly learn that Empire/Republic as you have known have all fallen.
    • You have to find your old companions and adventure with new companions in a very personal story.
    • The story picks up right from end of the trailer. You are an Outlander. You can either use existing level 60 characters or create a new level 60 character right from the start.
    • Brand new companions and new stories with new companions.
    • New iconic abilities for each class, everything you can expect from a Bioware RPG when you level up.

I was on hiatus too although my sub is active so now I'm slowly catching up to chapter 4 and 5. Unrealistically, I want to do everything all at once; kick all my toons to 60 to prepare for the expansion but I think I'll just take it easy. I'm not that well versed in SW lore, I actually don't pay that much attention to it, but there's talk about the old guy being some Emperor. I guess the Sith are not the Imperials who were pushed back and now they're returning. I find it interesting the symbolism is reversed; the white knight is more aggressive, weaker and prone to rage. And the father only deigned to acknowledge the existence of one; there can be only two Imperial Sith at one time?

Togrutan is confirmed for next month's patch. Looks like I'll be putting my JK on ice and make a new one. :p

2. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    TheSilentInfluence

Oh found it.

[​IMG]
    Valkorion – The Immortal Emperor
    "I CAN MAKE YOU POWERFUL BEYOND REASON…IF YOU WILL ONLY KNEEL."
    Everything until now has been the means to an end. I forged the Empire of Zakuul to surmount all of my previous works. It will span eternity.
    Do not presume there are limits to my power. The Eternal Empire commands a fleet that will reshape the galaxy into any image I choose. Whatever you hope to achieve by opposing me, know that you will never succeed.

It looks like subscribers will have early access, end of July. Ok, plenty of time for me to kick all the toons up.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If you guys own a iPhone then get Fallout Shelter

Good game and its Free and its Fallout.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

My son has that one on his iPad Mini. He's enjoying it.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I will never know why those games are so addicting but they are so might as well as enjoy them.

Your son has good taste in apps.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    captainkenbo likes this.
  7. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Vorax likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Heh, guess he thought the police were Sebulba. I sorta feel bad for him but he made himself become such a burnout over the years. He'll probably blame Lucas for the car mess. :D

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    My new favorite song

Thanks Fallout for getting me addicted to 40s and 50s music.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So this video is funny and covers some very important stuff about online harassment Swearing watch at your own risk.

anakinfansince1983 and Gamiel like this.
  11. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Does any other gamer find this weird?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/24/new-fire-emblem-will-introduce-same-sex-marriage

TL; DR

Nintendo will sell two different versions of the game Fire Emblem Fates: One with a male love interest and one with a female love interest. Both can have a same sex marriage if your character is their same gender. But why make me buy the game twice to see both the male and female characters? People are saying this is progressive of them but it looks like they're just cashing in on the LGBT movement. You want a gay relationship? Sure, but you have to buy the right edition. /Facepalm

Yes there will be a third downloadable edition in which both characters will appear but no one knows when that will be available.

12. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    "Every cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket."

I can't remember who said that. It was either Eric Hoffer or Apollo Creed.

/cynicism

Jax_the_Admiral and jabberwalkie like this.
  13. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Sounds beyond dumb to have three different versions of the same game essentially. TBH it sounds like someone may have said "It has to be on the market by this date. If it isn't this is the penalty." So now there are multiple versions. I've never heard of the game or the franchise it hails from. But then again, I also haven't owned a console for a good while now.

14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I was only planning to get one version anyway so I don't mind.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I just learned that Gay marriage became Legal in every US state.

About god damn time.

So what does that have us at 20 or so countries with gay marriage.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How Gay Marriage actually became legal

[​IMG]

Also with all the people saying there moving to canada

[​IMG]

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Ayoooo, America.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yub Yub.

I just wonder if people think things through when they say they're moving to Canada to escape same-sex marriage or universal health care.

I mean...what?

Try Iran I suppose.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This made me laugh

do people really say that?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You know how a lot of people hate the word "moist"?

I've discovered my least favorite word in the English language.

NUANCE.

Ugh.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    A lot of people hate the word "moist"?

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    So I've been working my way through GoT S5 at my own pace.

Everything's been coming along nicely, and then...

... and then I saw The Dance of Dragons.

What the actual ****.

I was rooting for Stannis Baratheon. He was one of the more honest, level headed guys in Westeros, even if he was a bit severe at times. And he was the legit king, named by Robert Baratheon in S1. And he was gonna liberate Winterfell and rescue Sansa. So yeah, I was rooting for the guy.

And then came TDoD, and suddenly in the space of five minutes he threw that all away, and leapfrogged straight into the middle of "worse than Joffrey ever was" territory. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I found myself hoping that Ramsay would capture both Stannis and his Red Witch and peel the both of them.

I mean, I was never disturbed or traumatized by the Red Wedding.

But the thing that went down in this episode... was just beyond the pale.

I'm still shocked.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes, Sadly

http://www.mediaite.com/online/we-h...ing-to-canada-after-marriage-equality-ruling/

25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I finished the season already, and I still have that impression of the episode. Still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.