main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    As far as BBC goes, I would add The Honorable Woman and Wolf Hall. Great stuff.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am starting to read Absolutely everything you need to know and so far I am liking it a lot for example

We now know how Shmi ended up a slave for example.

I would check it out if you have not already.

Last thing about AEYNTK

It made a lot of stuff Canon again.

and best of all faders stormtroopers are still the 501st.

3. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    I always nagged about not finding a Star Wars character/class I could cosplay as at a convention, right? Well, we recently had a 30.000+ visitors Fantasy & SF convention here, and I still didn't find anything SW related I could do. But the convention was so mixed-topic that I felt safe improvising, and I finally picked another franchise ...
    [​IMG]
    (c) by black-angel.eu

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    is there a thread for Lego Droid Tales ?

5. Todd the Sock

Todd the Sock rawr ima mod star 1

Dec 13, 2013
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I got a Poe Dameron action figure today. He was the only main character from The Force Awakens left. The other four action figures that remained on the shelf were Luke. Either way, I'm pretty happy I got it today. :)

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am really thinking about getting my first starwars action figure.

Which one from TFA is the best.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Your first Star Wars action figure?

Dude, just get one. My son's first was R2-D2 if that helps.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think my first one was a Han figure.

Anyway, I went to the famous Red Rock concert arena today. I can just imagine how awesome it would be to see a band there live.

Now I'm off to the Coors HQ. Should be fun. :D

Sent from my brain using magic

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So you're in Colorado? Enjoy.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  11. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    You guys like Marvel Movies?

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Davak24

I like the x-men movies the most.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I think those are ok.

I prefer the MCU ones.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I never really watched Marvel movies pre disney but I see them if i know there coming out and i like them a lot more then I like DC.

15. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Same here, actually.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Avengers and Captain America.

17. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I loved Avengers 2 just like how I'll love Episode 7.

18. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    Not a huge fan of Marvel in general; the movies don't do much for me, but that's true for most superhero movies even though I still like to read the comic books.
    I used to be a DC kid when I was ... well, a kid. Marvel, not so much. Later on I learned to love Image Comics (Cyber Force, Team 7, WildCATS, Bloodstrike ...), and there was the occasional Dark Horse / Malibu comic book I liked. In fact, one of my favorite superhero comics was The Man called A°X. Would have loved to see that series as a movie! I read somewhere that they had actually planned to do a live action TV series with gender-swapped protagonists, but the idea was scrapped.

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Even as a bonafide geek, I honestly find about half of the superhero/comic book films released to be an absolute chore to get through. That being said, Winter Soldier and Days of Future Past were a blast.

20. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Winter Soldier and DoFP are probably two of my favorites in recent history. I think Winter Soldier wins a lot of people over because it isn't just a superhero film; at its core it is very much a spy thriller with some fantastic action thrown in. GoTG was fantastic as well though. AoU was pretty good, but lacked something when I first saw it. I think that some of the explanation in regards to what Thor was doing in the pond or whatever helped a lot, but also I think that it may have been that there were simply just too many characters to actually give enough focus on any one character and give detail. Even thought it had a lot of Hawkeye, it just wasn't that compelling on his end. The only movies that I find an absolute chore to get through are the Thor movies. I saw the first one in theater, but after I walked out I made the decision to just see them when they are released digitally and rent them on Amazon. They just aren't as good as the rest of the MCU IMO. Hemsworth is a good Thor and Hiddleston is a great Loki, but I just don't care about the story because it has such a small impact on the MCU as a whole. That isn't the case of Cap or Iron Man as effects from those movies are actually felt in the MCU. Though the third Thor film may change that, I probably will still pass on seeing it in theaters.

I'm really looking forward to Captain America Civil War though. I'm hoping that things really change in the MCU because of it and that the ripples from it have a lasting impact. One thing that bothers me though, is that the cinematic side of the MCU seems to have shrugged off the TV side since AoS first season to a small extent.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well did
    I ended up getting 3 and I love them all.

Now I feel like I am 4. :p

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I still remember by first Star Wars figure, a TPM C-3PO that I used to play with all the time :D
    [​IMG]

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I had, like, all the Kenner figures growing up. Almost all of them.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had over 100 figures at one time from all the movies and the Genndy series.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What did you do with them? Throw them away?

I haven't bought any figures, or any Star Wars toys, ever. The only ones I've ever had were the Kenner toys, and my brother got those, probably before I was born. We had almost all the vehicles, too.

I was 13 when TPM came out, I sorta remember all the toys, but I had stopped playing with action figures by that time.

I've also never owned a lightsaber toy of any kind. Would have loved to have one as a kid, I had plenty of plastic swords, but I don't think they existed before the huge toy boom for TPM. Idk, I don't remember seeing any in stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.