Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    LOL! Yeah - The place where I live, a small village, has 3 Indian Resturants! [face_laugh]
  2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Skip from # 11th to the 15th, aye? I was checking in here the other days wondering where "this day" was. :p
  3. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Well, sometimes I'm not going to be able to do it, owing to time constraints and generally just forgetting! [face_laugh]

So, incidentally, ANYBODY can post a; This Day In History if they want, if I forget, etc....

Anyway;

This Day In History....

August 16th;

1977 - Elvis Presley dies aged 42.
  4. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I've often wondered, did Elvis get so see Star Wars before he died? He didn't have much of a window there :p
  5. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    If he did, you can imagine what the opening scene must have looked like through all the drugs he was taking!8-}
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Also on this day, Babe Ruth and Bela Lugosi died.

7. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I saw that.:_|
  8. Darth_Shpydar Jedi Master

star 4
    If memory serves, Elvis had a few "screening rooms", where he could watch films in the comfort of his home (much like many celebs, and Bill Gates, do today). I wouldn't be surprised if he got his hands on a print of it and had a viewing or two.

As an aside, a nice Andy Kaufman story RE:Elvis ...

Anyone familiar with the late great Andy Kaufman knows he was a HUGE Elvis fan. Andy got a chance to visit Graceland after Elvis's death, and was given the "special" tour, getting to see the rooms not normally open to the public. In one room, a bedroom if memory serves, Elvis had a wall of video tapes (those big master ones they used to use for TV studios) -- and film reels, given the time -- which included a collection of Andy's stuff, especially Andy's Elvis impressions. Pricilla (who i believe was giving Andy the tour at the time) told Andy that Elvis absolutely loved the impressions and thought Andy was funny as hell. :D

RIP to them both. [face_peace]
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Maybe Elvis saw a little of himself in Han Solo.

[image=http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/downloads/han_solo.jpg]

[image=http://www.geocities.com/shaeville/50spromo.jpg]
  10. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    [face_laugh]

THIS is my favourite ELVIS image/era;

[image=http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z202/GFETTMS/elvis68.jpg]

If ever there was a guy born to wear black leather, it was him!:cool:
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Nothing announced- but at C3 audience memebrs did ask about a KOTOR TV show, and Lucas said something to effect of they might explore different eras if these initial series are successful enough.
  12. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    This day in history....

August 17th;

1969 - Category 5 Hurricane Camille hits the Mississippi coast, killing 248 people and causing $1.5 billion in damage
  13. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Evening everybody. Hows everyones weekend going? :)

Been another rainy one here in the UK. I was going to take my nephew to the Northampton Baloon Festival this evening, to watch the hot air baloons take off, but of course, it was rained off. :(
  14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    More rain, hey? Funnily enough today (Sunday) it rained all day - for the whole 24 hours! Even now, late at night, it's still pouring down. It's been a few weeks since we've had rain, too.

As far as the weekend goes ... I was at a dinner dance last night. Spiffy suits, fancy dresses + dancing. Good night. ;)

How was yours, G? :D

Oh, Camille was back then. I didn't realise how long ago.
  15. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I've had a really relaxing Sunday. Its been a (nother) cold and wet day here tofay, so I've spent most of the day on the Boards, reading all of Moleman's Revenge of the Sith CBC threads in PT. I'm really proud of what we collectively ahcieved with those threads. I'm proud to say I made a small contribution to them.

Its left me kind of depressed though, because one of the greatest contributors to the CBC discussions, That_Wascally_Droid, is no longer with us. Man, I still really miss that guys wit and wisdom. :(
  16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn't see much of him ( :(), but I can appreciate such a loss. Very sad.

Could you give me a link to that CBC thread, if possible? I might add it to my favourites for one rainy day in the future.

I just wanted to quickly mention that I randomly thought of this thread earlier today. The "Day in History" section really clicked with me when I stumbled across something which led me to check wiki's information for the date of my birth. And I discovered, much to my delight, that Cadel Evans was born on the same day as me (not year, though). Most of you wouldn't know who that is unless you watched the recent Tour De France - which I followed closely, as it happens. He's an Australian cyclist who came in at #2. Since that is something recent, when I found out about his birthday I was just ... yeah, awesome. And it reminded me of a day in history, so to speak.

But enough of my musings. :p
  17. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Tyi, those sort of musings are EXACTLY what this thread is for! [face_laugh]

Here's the latest CBC thread. You will find a list of all the past CBC's underneath the intital post. I'm really proud of some of those threads. Some amazing discussion and analysis. :D
  18. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

There is too much cheating in cycling for my taste. It's sad really because now I have to question Lance Amrstong who we consider so heroic.
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    he has an abnormally large heart.

and if everyone's taking steroids, and he's still kicking butt, his talent is unmatched.
  20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    It's sad, true, that cycling always comes back to the problems it is facing now. I just find it disappointing to see cyclists at such a high level - in the cycling world but also in just plain ability - take the tablets and cheat.

Nevertheless, the Tour De France will always have me. Has anybody seen it live? Ever been roadside?

:D

Cheers, buddy! That could certainly cure some spouts of insomnia. :D
  21. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    We weren't that boring were we? [face_laugh]
  22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh] No no! I used the wrong word!

I didn't mean "cure". I meant that it could fill in a lot of time when those late nights find their way into my life!

:oops:
  23. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I knew what you meant Tyi.[face_mischief]

This day in history...

August 23rd;

1940 - World War II: The Germans start bombing London.
  24. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Well me and a couple of mates have booked a holiday to the Canary Islands at the end of September, as a way of me enjoying myself before the onset of old age (brought about by my 30th birthday) desends on me! :D
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, come on G, that's not old. You're at your prime then! Okay, a bit after your prime. A few years after your prime. But it's still close to your prime! And that's what counts!

How long are you going to be luxuriating in the islands? Give yourself a year's break, maybe...?

O:)