Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I'm going for just a week. [face_dancing]

People I talk to are split on the 30 thing. Some people say, prepare for the worse, because its all downhill from there. Others say, its just a number and does mean anything....

I tell you something though, I was having a kick about in the park with some mates this morning, and my ankle suddenly started to aching. I bet that wouldn't have happened when I was 25![face_not_talking] :_| :rolleyes:
  2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Wearing shoes might have helped protect your ankle. :)
  3. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Oh I was wearing shoes. I think its just the sort of minor aches and pains you start to feel when you do some exercise, without warm-up's, when you reach a certain age. ;)
  4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    :p

I guess your inner mind has already answered all of your worries. You will have to warm-up next time. ;)

So mate, how was the weekend for you on this occasion?
  5. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I've had an awesome weekend... After a lousy summer, its been sunny and warm here all weekend, so I've been mainly outside soaking up the rays. Won'tbe long before the autumn rain and gales roll in I guess.... :(

Hows your weekend then in Aus?
  6. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry about the 30 thing, I'm 34 and I still act like a child [face_laugh] Don't do the football thing though, although I have been known to throw a frisbee around.

Speaking of acting irresponsibly, I sat in the sun between 12-2 today (finishing Dave Prowse's autobiog, snippets to follow ;) ) and got myself sunburnt. Not peeling or anything, but definitely "pink" :p Just on my shins/top-of-feet and the tops of my arms where I had a shorter-sleeve t-shirt on. My forearms are already tanned, so now my arms go; brown, pink, white as you look up them. Kind of like Neopolitan ice-cream.

Other than that, had a riveting 7 hours yesterday trying to put my old ATI graphics card into the father-in-law's computer. It worked okay, but I think a driver conflict was knocking out the modem. So when the card was working optimally, I couldn't go online to look for newer drivers, so I spent all afternoon flipping between the two modes using System Restore, which took longer each time due to the auto-restore points created by trying different drivers.
    Didn't work in the end, put the old card back in. Waiting for ATI to get back to me. Great.

Going to go toy-hunting tomorrow in Reading, hoping The Entertainer will be open on a bank-holiday, because I know they don't do Sundays. Other than that it'll be TRU, Woolies and the department stores.

My legs are stinging a bit :p
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Was that throwing an 'Ultimate Frisbee' around, Blackout? ;)

Ah, the joys of computer hardware. I hope ATI or whoever can help you. I dislike most hardware details of a computer. I enjoy the software side - or the "non-physical" side - of a computer much more. What toys were/are you hunting for?

It sounds like we're both enjoying the sun's rays at this point in time! Even though we're separated by the fact that we're in different hemispheres ... we've both had glorious and sunny days on the weekend. The only difference is that I have many more (and hotter) days to look forward to. :p

The weekend was great. It was full, too. Tennis, services, a friend's drama performance, a Luna Park visit including a console gaming convention, and a game of soccer. I definitely saw plenty of that sun.

:D
  8. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    They say we're going to have a nice September here in the UK, which is good as I go on holiday on the 8th :p

With regards to toys, I'm after anything (3¾") with a SW logo on it that's;
    ? Cool, AND
    ? And I haven't already got, UNLESS
    ? It's VERY cool and I want another one :p

Trouble is, we've been stuck on 'wave 3' of the 30th Anniversary figures for simply ages here, and I can't really justify buying more Stormtroopers, y'know?

Oh, and it's not a regulation Ultimate Frisbee, no. It's not even an official 'Frisbee', it's a "generic flying disc" that we play with at work [cough]whenwe'vefinishedeverything[/cough]. We haven't got enough people to actually play a proper match though I wish we had, because we're getting pretty good with it as well. :p
  9. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Blackout, I suspect a lot of this stuff we're hearing about how we've going to get a hot September, is down to recent September's being very warm, rather than anybody really knowing whats going to happen this September. I maintain that the atmosphere is too chaotic for long range forecasts to have any degree of accuracy....

Anyway, been Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK. The village where I live was holding a "Fun Day" based around the medievil concept of "The Buckby Feast" I drank far too much though, so I've got a splitting headache now. [face_laugh]

Just think, thats the last holiday until Christmas Day! :eek: :(
  10. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw mate, dont :(

Got to TRU today, and calmly* bought a McQuarrie signature series Luke (Celebration Europe exclusive, indeed :p ), and an Ultimate Galactic Hunt Bossk.
    The Entertainer was a bit disappointing though. Demise of Grievous for £4, but I don't really want him, and Shadows of the Empire Dash and Chewie for £1.50 each! But I've already got 2 of each so I didn't bother with them either.

* I say calmly because I started grinning like a loon when I left the store :p

Oh, and to dig up an old question;
    Just finished posting some quotes over in CT in a thread dedicated to Ol' Dave. You can read my highlights here Bless 'im!
  11. ATTezeu Jedi Master

star 4
    I just wanted to say "HIGH" on this "cantina" thread but... this aren't the droids I'm looking for so, I'll just move along.
  12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    *looks up*

I don't see anything up HIGH. :p

Exactly, G! If anything, you should be thinking about the Canary Islands. Just because nobody else has those holidays shouldn't matter ... you have 'em!

13. Marth_Gaul Jedi Padawan

I thought Europeans had more holidays than us North Americans!

We've got Labour Day coming up first weekend of September, then Thanksgiving in October (November I believe for the US), Remembrance Day on November 11th, all before Xmas.
  14. DarknessofDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it 2009 yet?

geez. -yawns- Good morning. did anyone watch the Moon Eclipse? It was so cool.
  15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I partially did, DoD. I saw it when it was complete; it looked like red fog from down here. :D

There was a television show on that I was watching while it was occurring however, so I only saw it during every ad break. How much did you see?
  16. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Hey, nice to see a few new faces posting in the Social Thread. Come back soon and post often, all you guys![:D]
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, I get tired of carrying this thread.[face_alien_1]
  18. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    This day in history...

August 28th;

1963 - Black American civil rights leader Martin Luther King makes his famous speech 'I have a dream...' to a rally of more than 200,000 in Washington.
  19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    That was today, huh? (Well, yesterday :p) Sweet deal.

I thought of Atlas when you said that.
  20. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    This day in history....

August 29th;

2005 - Hurricane Katrina devastates much of the U.S. Gulf Coast from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle, killing more than 1,836 and causing over $115 billion in damage.
  21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Did anybody see that firsthand? :(
  22. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I'm a bit of a weather nerd, and I remember watching the radar sat pictures through that day and watching as it just got bigger and bigger and bigger. Katrina was a monster!
  23. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Closest comparison I have is that my aunt and uncle have a condo down in Puerto Aventuras on the Mayan Peninsula in Mexico, where a hurricane hit a couple years ago. It was pretty creepy to see the trees/buildings/cars all knocked over (I saw their photos afterwards).

The place is a paradise, but if the hurricane thing starts happening all the time, people will start to stay away.
  24. ATTezeu Jedi Master

star 4
    Happy name day to all of you who have St. Alexander's name.
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Name day? [face_thinking]

I hope you're Aunt and Uncle weren't around when it hit, Garth...? :) I know I'm blessed to live down here. We never have any dangerous weather or natural disasters besides droughts.

Do you ever watch ... the weather channel? :eek: