main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitness, Health & Weight Loss 2013 - Prepare for CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I kept on target for 2 weeks. Then I got sick a week, and had company in town... there was wine, cookies... back came one of those pounds! :(

My initial goal was at least 8lbs by end of March. Given the backsliding, I'm going to really have to work hard for it at this point. I've been trying to keep a 1000 calorie deficit this week to start to make up for last week. That much deficit is challenging though.

nnaydolem likes this.
  2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yesterday was a cheat day! but today is good...i have lost all the christmas weight! w00t! now 20 by May is on the horizon!

FanForced likes this.
  3. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    Went to New Orleans with my hubby for my BDay and VDay just recently and had mega seafood fest, but good news didn't gain a pound! Went hard core and brought my T25 exercise videos on the trip!! Focus and keep it up everyone!

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Been off the last several days, but hoping to get out for a nice long hike today.

5. Haikukid

Sep 30, 2013
    Lost 3 inches off my waist! Just doing some intense cardio for half hour daily and avoiding the "bad stuff" like twinkies, pop, etc. I'll have to use the discipline of the Jedi not to pig out at the Clue quote-a-long tonight with FanForced and DieWompRatDie! Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.....[face_praying]

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

They don't have a lot of good desserts, but they do have quite the excellent selection of beers....my temptation!

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've been leveled off for several weeks. I'm not gaining weight back, but not losing it either. :/

8. Haikukid

Sep 30, 2013
    I have the same issue, but I have lost like 3 inches off my waist, thighs, etc. so I just ignore the scale!

nnaydolem and FanForced like this.
  9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I think I'm doing it wrong, my fat keeps multiplying.

10. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I use myfitnesspal so that I can track what I eat. Today was not a good day for self-control. You know that scene with Cookie Monster where crumbs are flying out of his mouth?

11. Yuri1138

Yuri1138 Jedi Knight

Dec 29, 2009
    buy a 24-hour membership, it'll put away the excuse of "the gym is closed". I bought one a few weeks ago and im enjoying it!

12. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Just got a membership to Lifetime Fitness today (24 hours).. Now I just need motivation (besides paying for it) to go!

Yuri1138 likes this.
  13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Different meds and health conditions can make it impossible.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I reenacted that myself last night....

15. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    We discovered a cupcakery in town. Baaaad idea. I've eaten about a dozen in the last week and have a couple extra pounds showing for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    welllllllll....i haven't been on anything. i have gained 9 lbs since the car accident. BUT i am starting to feel better so I just need to get the knee working properly. Nicer days. i should take a walk after work or during lunch to start.

FanForced likes this.
  17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've been terrible about fitness and weight loss this year. I get some exercise, but I guess not enough to balance out not eating properly. As a result I'm up to the highest weight I've been in a long time. So today I'm starting back on the diet/exercise routine. This time I really have to do better about sticking to it. One of the hard parts for me is logging food. And once I am not logging food, it's too easy to eat more things that I shouldn't.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    After my post last Sept, I continued to be horrible about my diet. On top of that I exercised less for a while, so thins got even worse. I've been working at getting back to a better lifestyle this month, but results are slow coming. I know that there is no way I can reach my eventual target of -20lbs before CVII. At this point I'm aiming for a more realistic -10lbs before the con.

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would love to lose anything at this point, we are going to eat better and at minimum walk the dog everyday. I might even make it to the gym sometime soon. Meanwhile I'm making my costume for CVII to fit me in my current state, I can take it in if need be.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That's not anything I'm supposed to be working on, is it?

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've made it to 30% of my goal for CVII. I can make the goal if I keep on it the whole time up to the con and don't slip or stall. I didn't do well on diet/exercise yesterday though. Then I stayed up too late last night and as a result didn't get to the gym this morning. :/