main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitting In (A repost of the Rohnin Darkhil trilogy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit' , May 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
  2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "More like 101 ways to cook a padawan and baby meat in three easy lessons.' Rohnin shot-back. "How to talk cryptically for beginners and how to mind suggest people into acting like your favourite animal. Oh yeah and and how to cut an apprentices hair in five minutes while only using your lightsabre." Rohnin said. Shiree giggled.

I had to laugh at that! It's been too long since I read this thread, I've forgotten all the good parts.

I remember the good old days of USJS, too, way back when. In fact, reading this story made me go back and look up the Truth or Dare thread, too.

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999

Qui-gon Jinn paused as he entered the turbo lift. The first sensible place to look would be the roof, or as it had been named by the master's some years ago; 'Rohnin's retreat'. Qui-gon shook himself out of fond rememberances to focus on the task at hand. Rohnin was missing and Obi-wan had seen him go out of the temple. That would rule out the healer's lab, roof, stepping-stone room. Rohnin could have doubled back but Qui-gon doubted that, the temple was the last place Rohnin would go when upset.

Unconciously his fingers skipped over the buttons on the inside of the lift until they landed on the 'Ground floor' touch pad. Qui-gon suffered a moment of indescion before he pressed the button, he could have or rather should have contacted the temple authorities but he preferred to handle this himself.

The door light pinged again and Qui-gon strode out into the filtered sunlight of the Jedi temple's foyer. He nodded absentmindly to the padawan on reception duties and then made his way between the potted plants and out onto the Coroscant walkways.

The first thing to do was to check the transit centres and then try to contact someone at Rohnin's school. Neither N-ari nor Ventrid had left Qui-gon with any contact numbers for Rohnin's school or any of his friends. Qui-gon frowned and realized that he didn't even know if Rohnin had any friends at school, in fact he didn't know much about Rohnin at all. Qui-gon frowned deeper, Obi-wan wasn't exactly helping the issue, Rohnin should be made to feel at home in the temple but in the past two days the boy had been in nothing but trouble. Qui-gon sighed.

// I should be searching for the boy instead of mentally berating myself for my padawan's behaviour.// Qui-gon thought ruefully, although still making a mental note to talk to his padawan later. Qui-gon made his way through shopping precints and markets making brief stops at anywhere he thought Rohnin could go. Finally after half an hour Qui-gon dejectedly made his way over to a near-by public commlink.

"Hey Jedi master dude." someone shouted. Qui-gon turned in time to see a tall lanky teenager with a black ripped shirt and holes torn in his jeans running across the street his arms waving. Qui-gon groaned inwardly but kept his calm.

"Hey, dude are you like lookin' for that Jedi kid?" the boy asked. Qui-gon nodded before replying,

"Yes, have you seen him?"

"Well not exactly." The boy answered scratching his head as Qui-gon have a inward sigh. The boy brightened. "Yeah, but one of my friends saw him before. Said something about not thinking Jedi were allowed to drink or something."

"Did your friend see where he went?" Qui-gon asked paitently.

"Yeah, that old cantina over there." The kid nodded his head a grin lighting his features.

"Thankyou." Qui-gon answered stoicly and began to make his way across to the cantina.

"Hey duuude." The shout rang out behind him, "Can I've your autograph?"

Rohnin fingered the outside of his glass. This was his second, and last, drink before he found somewhere to stay for the night. He hadn't realised just how expensive drinks were in this cantina.

//S'pose cause every time I go drinking with Shiree and Jetar we go to the cheapest bars in town.// Rohnin thought. There was a slight hush in the conversation levels of the bar and Rohnin ignored it. It would only be a problem if the person walking through the door was a hutt whose regular seat he had taken. A hand rested on his sholder.

"Sith" Rohnin murmered, and then squinted up far enough to see the brown robes of the Jedi tunic. "Wait only one thing worse then a hutt," he mumbled to himself, "and that is a Hutt who is also a Jedi."

Qui-gon slid into the seat opposite him and Rohnin had just enough time to rumble out a few more of the choicest curses Shiree had taught him. He lifted his glass,

"Here's to the Jedi class they should teach; 101 ways to piss people off." Rohnin said loudly.

"I wouldn't drink that if you enjoy living." Qui-go

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    "If we have Two's day why don't we have a three's day?"

LOL. I just love Anglesie! She's so cute! :D

5. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time.

"Do people have a thing about packing bags for me?" Rohnin asked as Obi-wan handed him is bag. Obi-wan grinned,

"I don't know maybe they just have a fascinating for smelly socks and scoobie doo boxers." the boy shot back.

Rohnin grimanced, "They were a present from Jetar." he said, "he has thing thing for cartoons."

"Rather like your thing for rooftops." Obi-wan said.

"And yours for the healers." Qui-gon said in amusement. Obi-wan glared at his master and then at Rohnin, Qui-gon put a hand on his apprentices' shoulder and steered him towards the door.

"We are going to be late." Qui-gon said. Obi-wan had just enough time to glare once more at Rohnin before Qui-gon pushed him out the door. Smiling, Rohnin shouldered his pack and glanced around the apartment,

"I'm not going to say that I'll miss you. 'Cos I won't." he said more to the temple and himself to anyone else. Obi-wan stuck his head around the door frame.

"I knew you were crazy but talking to walls really pushes the limit." Obi-wan said smiling.

"Oh yeah." Rohnin yelled, "Wait until I catch you, stupid nerf-herder!"

"The flight to Ezama had been delayed by one standard hour. Would all passangers please remain patient and calm until their flight arrives." The mechanical voice bleeped before going on to repeat the message in several different languages.

Rohnin sighed, "They do this all the time. Some rich diplomat is probably whinging on the other line because they can't take their 'snogglepossums' onto the ship."

Obi-wan was giving Rohnin a funny look. "What?" Rohnin asked. "Haven't you ever met one of those kinds of people. I had to sit next to one once all the way across coroscant. It was 'Oh my gosh, you are sooo sweeeeet. I have a son just your age and he is just soooo cuuuteee too. Oh my!' Ewwww." Rohnin finished giving a false shudder. "Now that was torture."

Obi-wan raised his eyebrows and turned to Qui-gon who was surveying the departure and arrivals board for signs of their ship.

"Master." Obi-wan said, "may we get something to eat. I'm starving."

"Why didn't you get something at home?" Master Jinn asked not looking at his padawan.

"The only thing left was some of Master Yoda's gruel that Jane left behind, and one of Kithera cakes, which I tasted, and I'm not eating that either."

"Kithera?" Rohnin asked interuppting.

"Master Jinn's girlfriend." Obi-wan whispered, "Knight Rinani, she blonde, shorter then me and giggles constantly."

"Oh, the one who bounces and makes rude faces at master yoda?" Rohnin whispered back.The image of a short blonde knight sliding down a banister came immeadiatley to mind.

"That one." Obi-wan said making a face. "She makes cakes which are the consistancy of hard rock."

"Obi-wan, you may get something to eat. Take Rohnin with you." Master Jinn said. The older man was studying his ticket and then looking up towards the check-in booth. "I'll meetyou both later." he continuted. The two boys began to push their way through the crowds of people towards the food court.

6. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Obi-wan watched Rohnin unfurl the paper around his burger, slide the holder off and begin eating.

"You see Obi-wan," Rohnin said as the padawan began to unwrap his own burger, That is the carboard you don't eat." he said pointing to the paper and holder, "And that is the one that you do." (pointing to the burger).

"Mmm, tastes nice." Obi-wan said as he nibbled at the corner of the burger, Rohnin laughed at him.

"I didn't know that carboard was jedi's customary food." Rohnin said, gentley he took the burger out of Obi-wan's hands and began to peel the holder off which had stuck to burger and on which Obi-wan had been nibbling.

"Oh." was all Obi-wan could reply. The two boys were sitting in the food court of the spaceport. Different spieces milled around eating from the numerous cafe's and outlets.

Two blonde headed human girls walked by and then stopped.

"Is anyone sitting here?" one of them asked sweetly eyeing Obi-wan.

"Yes." Rohnin answered.

"No, " Came Obi-wan's reply at the same time. The second girl giggled.

"Well, what is it?" she asked in a false voice, "Yes or no?"

"Um..ur." Obi-wan stuttered turning a bright pink, Rohnin sighed.

"Both, we are waiting for someone but you are welcome to sit down." he said elbowing Obi-wan. The brown headed padawan almost choked on his burger as one girl leaned overto show ample cleavage. The two girls sat down, across from them.

"So," One said. Rohnin discreetly decided to name them after Shiree's differnt catagories, Bimbo 1 and Bimbo 2 hence B1 and B2. "What are two nice Jedi like you doing in a place like this?"

"Looking for girls with better pick-up lines." Rohnin answered. B1 pouted in annoyance and looked at B2 who just rolled her eyes in agreement. Both girls turned their attention onto Obi-wan.

"So, you Jedi as manly as we've been told?" B2 asked sweetly, "I've heard that you are very, lets say...atheletic."

Obi-wan gulped and choked again and Rohnin thumped him on the back.

"So what are you girls doing here?" Rohnin asked

"Nothing." B1 said sweetly, "My name is Tirria and this is my friends Catalyn."

"I'm Rohnin Darkil and this is Obi-wan Kenobi." Rohnin said.

"Pleased to meet you." Obi-wan managed. The girls giggled and simultaneously twirled pieces of their blonde hair. Rohnin wished that Shiree was here to think of better things to say.

"Obi-wan is such a cute name." B2/Catalyn said softly, "I like Jedi hair. It is soooo cuuute when it's cut like that."

"Do all padawans have braids like that?" Tirria asked.

"Yes." Obi-wan said trying to look anywhere but at the girl's revealing dress.

"Then why don't you have one?" Catalyn asked Rohnin. The boy shrugged,

"I'm not a Jedi. I'm a pilot...one day I hope to die in my sleep like my great uncle and not screaming like the people in his spacecraft." Rohnin said. Obi-wan elbowed him in the ribs and smiled at the girls who were staring at Rohnin oddly. Rohnin grinned back showing one of his teeth that he had chipped when he was five the girls sighed dreamily.

"You may be odd but you're very cute." Tirria said to Rohnin. Rohnin shrugged and smiled at the girls again.

"Oh, no. All the girls at the temple agree that Obi-wan is the cutest boy--especially his girlfriend." Rohnin said, the girls sat back and then stared at each other. You could almost see their brains ticking over and then both girls checked their chrono.

"We've got to go." B2 said. Rohnin had given up on names and had gone back to calling them by their 'shiree' categories.

"Oh, such a pity." Rohnin cooed.

"See ya." B2 and B1 chourused, as they left.

"Why did you go and do that?" Obi-wan hissed as they left.

"They weren't interested in you for you, Obi-wan. Only the popularity they would gain from going out with a Jedi." Rohnin said back. "If I was you I'd stick to Cali." They were interuppted by the mechanical voice from overhead.

"The flight to Ezama has arrived and is boarding at gate one. Please have your tickets atthe r

7. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Great line Kit! I can remember someone saying last time that they didn't know which one was worse, Obi eating the bantha droppings or Qui-gon keeping the said experiment in his freezer!!!!!! I think the same somehow still applies....:D

Oh how I have missed this series!

~R~

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OMG, I'd forgotten all about the 'Hey dude' guy! ROFLOL!! And B1 and B2!!

That's why it's such a treat to get the chance to read a repost!!!

This is still fabulous Kit!!

9. Nahema

Nahema Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2001
    Hey Kit! Where's the next installment???

:p

Steve

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.