Before " FITTING IN" *COMPLETED, FINISHED,THE END! DOES OBI-WAN FIND A PLACE AND A MASTER THAT HE "FITS"?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Hey Kenobi think someone will choose you next week??

"I figure my chances of being chosen about three initiates ahead of you are greater than you even being chosen."

Obi-Wan really didn?t believe his own words. He was not all that sure he would even be chosen. His grades were bad and his saber techniques were? atrocious?. At least he thought that was the word Master Windu used when he tried to help the boy with extra saber training.

He usually tried to ignore the comments from his arch nemesis, well one of them. Bruck Chun wasn?t the only person that did not care for Kenobi. There were a great many others who were not his friends. In truth he had no real friends. It wasn?t really his fault, it was his older sister?s fault. She was the padawan to the honorable Master Mace Windu. There was only two other masters equal to him or so it was rumored through the initiate?s quarters. They were Master Yoda and Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Master Windu would not need to seek an apprentice next week. Sierra Kenobi would remain with him another five or six years and there were no plans in Master Yoda?s future to take another apprentice. He stopped after he mentored Qui-Gon Jinn to his very successful Knighthood status.

If his sister got Obi-Wan in trouble, which he thought she did, it was because she had one of the three best masters and was renown and pronounced the most studied senior padawan in the Jedi temple, Coruscant. *SHE* really was the reason Obi-Wan was resented so fiercely.

Jealously radiated straight to Obi-Wan from the other initiates because they thought his chances would be better for getting Master Jinn as his master. Although they all knew Obi-Wan wasn?t anything like his sister, they thought maybe because Master Jinn and Mace were such good friends or because of his sister?s reputation alone, Obi would get the spot everyone would fight for next week; the honor of being the apprentice to the greatest master ever, Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

The news spread like a wildfire when Master Jinn notified his former master, Yoda that he, the rogue Jedi would finally return to the fold and begin again as other masters. He would take an apprentice this time. He had Xanatos out of his system now.

Living in the swampy wilderness of Dagabah had a way of erasing a lot of old hurtful memories. It worked for him. However Master Jinn would be the first to advice anyone who asked, not to do it unless they were force blessed and possessed a lot of personal stamina. It had been needed. but back into civilization he would attempt to come. Start over Master Yoda said.The past forgotten, the future to look forward too.

####four days later.######

Obi-Wan sat out front on the temple steps doing absolutely nothing but daydreaming. He looked up when he felt rather than saw someone close to him. There before him, a ragged-looking, very tall man stood with two bags in his hands. Obi-Wan wondered if this beggar came to the temple in search of food or a place to stay.

He knew from past similar experiences the Jedi order would not turn down a request for food by someone, but they would not allow them to stay. It was not safe for them or a Jedi. Someone could lay a trap that way..

?Hey boy get up here and carry my bags.?

?Uhn? you?ugh? mean me? Obi-Wan stuttered his words and could not figure out why this man in front of him made him so nervous.

?I am sorry but you can?t stay here. If you would like some food and rest you may rest on these steps and I will go and get you some food.

?Insolent little brat aren?t you? Is this what the Jedi have to offer up as a future apprentice? How Master Yoda convinced me now was the time to return I will never know.?

Obi-Wan heard the man?s words with his overly gruff and angry sounding tones, but he still did not know who this man was, surely not a Jedi.

Jedi do not allow themselves to become so bedraggled unless they have been captured and without water for say like a year.

Obi-Wan chuckled at his own mental joke to himself. How
  2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Force! Qui-Gon is so mean in this fic! I mean, Qui-Gon is my second favorite character, but he is being such an *******! :mad: And poor Obi! I just want to slap Jinn, hard, across the face at this moment. :mad: Nice start, though I'm relaly disliking Qui-Gon at the moment. ;)
  3. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    Qui-Gon is such a jerk, geez! How mean! Poor Obi-Wan. How mean can a Jedi Master get? He's terrible!
  4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Yo YO Ewan umm during the summer i have like no life and i do nothing so pleaseee continue if u want i'll be here :)
  5. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    you started a new one- this time OPbi is the trouble [face_mischeif]
  6. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Padawan Sierra Kenobi really would like to give her baby brother more encouragement for the up coming choosing day in two days, but she couldn?t. There was nothing to use for a basis of that encouragement. Unbeknownst to her master and Master Jinn, she overheard the entire conversation about Obi-Wan. They discussed him at great lengths the evening Master Jinn came for last-meal.

He looked a bit different almost handsome thought Sierra *that* night.

Of course not as handsome as my master. If Obi-Wan saw him again he would probably not recognize him.. I know my master tried to get Master Jinn to think about Obi-Wan as his choice for an apprentice. However, I heard the way Master Jinn laughed. While Obi might not be the best at everything yet I bet he will be. How could he not? I also overheard them say his midichlorian count equals Master Jinn?s himself. If so, why its he so clumsy in everything Jedi.

Sierra hoped to spend more time with Obi-Wan before they shipped out right after choosing day but her time at sparsely her own; her master gave her so much to work on and her finals also took a toll on her limited time.. She knew they might possibly be away for awhile. It would depend how their mission went. This would be her last time to offer up any words of condolence or encouragement to her brother, but still she hesitated. I just can?t bare to see that look of disappointment and possibly fear for his future etched on that little freckled face of his.

The future knight rubbed both sides of her head. The headache was sudden and from worry. She had a lot of those lately because it was even hard to focus on her duties for the worry she had for her little brother.

He came to the temple just as she was made the apprentice to Master Windu. Since then the Jedi and herself had been the only family he ever knew. He was brought immediately after birth. Their shared mother and father only held love for one of their children, their first-borne, her. They were older when they had Obi-Wan and didn?t want to be saddled with the responsibility of another child, *any responsibility*.

Exact words spoken in front of Obi-Wan when they once came for a visit when Obi-Wan was three was that he wasn?t wanted, wasn?t plan and they would have nothing to do with him. They came only to see Sierra when she made it to senior padawanship. She had made a couple of visits to her family but it was kept hidden from Obi-Wan because he was not invited to go with her on those visits. It was not the Jedi to refused to allow him to go, his parents refused him any visitation at home with them.. She spent most of her time when she visited her mom and dad trying to convince them to see Obi-Wan occasionally. Her visits dwindled down to almost nothing because of their cruel refusal to allow Obi-Wan to accompany her..

Now Sierra was about to run out of opportunities to help her brother. If he was not chosen he would be sent away, quite possibly to the Agricrops or if he was lucky enough to stay on Coruscant maybe a job as a senate page or buried in dusty books as he helped to maintain the temple archives. One thing she knew for sure he would never be allowed to return home and the one thing he wanted more than anything in the galaxy, to become a Jedi might be less than two days away from slipping right through his fingers. Rumor had it, no t one master had really considered Obi-Wan a suitable candidate for apprenticeship this time. It looked like he might not be chosen if the grapevine got the rumors right. She just wished someone would give him a chance.

He will grow into his abilities. He just hasn?t peaked yet.

############The day of the choosing############

All the initiates talked and readjusted their training tunics. Some made a north trip to the fresher just to be sure every hair on their head was in place, especially the feminine ones waiting to be chosen. The girls thought their looks might prompt some to choose them. Shallow as that it is thought Obi. I am not even parti
  7. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
  8. artemis_fowl Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool! I can't believe Qui-Gon would be so stubborn. And Obi so... well...untrained.
  9. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    I have so busy keeping the four stories posted that I rarely have time to say thank you for all the feedback I recieve.

I appreciate all of it.

Just to let you know I won't be posting until Monday and then hopefully.

I have to work both jobs this weekend.

I have gotten out two toothpicks to keep my eyes open through it all.

PEACE ewen
  10. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    ewen, I think you enjoy making Qui a blind headed jerk!

Sorry, I'm a bit late getting into this one!
  11. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Came in last night and typed my fingers off. I have a post for every story!!!

I also would like to generate more feedback on this one, so if I get a couple of lurkers to post today, I will double post this story; another coming later this afternoon after I nap again!!ewen

#############

Master Windu wished he could say or do something that would make Sierra feel better. He walked behind her as they boarded their flight to their next mission.

Nothing he could do or say could bring the girl out of her melancholy. To have to leave the temple and not know for sure if her brother would be there when she returned was an inconsolable matter for his apprentice.

The usually jubilant, happy and pleasant apprentice had turned into a grumpy tired and just out of sorts young lady.

I guess Master Yoda?s words to me once were true, a female padawan can be more difficult at times and boy is she being difficult.

Although Mace knew it hurt her deeply to have to leave the temple at just that particular time, he knew Sierra must face her brother?s fate stoically and continue her own padawan duties faithfully. Nothing less would do? What ever would be with the younger Kenobi would be. Her staying at the temple would not railroad the council?s decision on what o do with him now that he was *NOT* chosen as a padawan.

Although Mace occasionally still sat in on the council during temple business if he weren?t on a mission, he refused to vote on this matter. He would have no part in shipping Obi-Wan to the Agricorps. To begin with, he felt him too young. Their normal policy had been not to send anyone under the age of thirteen. However, because of the lack of work on Coruscant or at the temple for them to do, it had become necessary to send initiate, not chosen by a master there anyway.

The ship that Mace and Sierra were to depart on was five minutes away from firing up for takeoff.

Mace was more than surprised to see Master Yoda, gimer stick in hand, nearly bouncing his way up the up the steps to the cabin of the space craft. Sierra had paid no attention to the little master at all. She pretended to be in deep thought over some Astrophysics problem before her on her data pad. Her thoughts were actually with her brother and his rejection of the Jedi apprenticeship program.

?Master Yoda, you don?t normally personally come right to the ship to see us off. Is there something wrong??

?Wrong there is always at this temple. Council bull-headed at times. See your apprentice I wish too. Have information I do that might lead to a better trip for both master and apprentice.?

Mace extended his hand in a motion to show Yoda where Sierra was, just in the back.

?By all means, if it will perk up my sulking little apprentice, go right ahead. ?

Master Windu had no idea what news would bring Sierra out of her depressed state other than Obi had found a master. That, he knew would not be so The only master available that did not take an apprentice was his dear friend, Qui-Gon. His refusal of the boy had been quite fast and definite to the point of cruelness in his words of Kenobi.

Mace was not sure of the message Yoda gave his apprentice, but when he saw her face light up in one of her notoriously infectious smiles, he knew it was very good and more than likely had something to do with the little initiate brother. She was being forced to leave Obi-Wan to ponder his own future, all alone without his big sis to help.

Yoda huffed past Master Windu in the isle of the ship and gave him a little nudge with his gimer stick as he went to get the taller master out of the way. He turned and met the dark brown eyes of one of his favorite master, Mace.?

?Wonder you do, tell the girl what, that would make her so pleased??

?Yes, yes I am bit curious as to what could have brought such a bright smile to her face although I have to say I am quite grateful for it.?

?Idea it was, not mine. Thank the force you should. Told her I did Obi-Wan to stay and work the library archives for a year. Make her feel bett
  12. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like another winner ewen!!! Maybe this Qui-Gon won't have that bucket on his for for long????

Can't wait to see what's going to happen. I really like Obi-Wan's sisters, I hope she doesn't suffer an awful future!
  13. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not a lurker, but I'm here. Does that count?
  14. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    You should be happy. I am up entirely too late reading and replying to this! ;)

I wasn't at all angry at Qui during this post. That's like... A phenominon!
  15. BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm a lurker. [face_blush] I'm here and reading. Very good story! (as always) ewen! Double Post!!!!!

Blade :cool:
  16. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    I had planned to post this yesterday afternoon. When I took a nap, I didn't get up until bed time, so what did I do, took a shower and wentback to bed. So much for working twenty hours straight. Here's your post.ewen

##################

?Please Master Yoda, I am at more peace than I have been in five years. It has done me a great deal of good to be here; to be able to spend time in my most favorite of places, right here in this garden, don?t spoil it. There was no choice to take in apprentices. Not that they weren?t worthy enough to be anyone?s apprentice, they were not the ones I searched for. I will know when I meet him, who it is. I have enough faith in the force to believe that.?

Yoda pressed his lips together and was content to let the tranquility of the gardens to swirl around them and mingle with silence between the two.

Master Jinn too, felt the serenity of this particular spot. It was one he was often brought to by Yoda himself to meditate after extremely hard mission or if things just hadn?t gone right that day.

After a lengthy time of stillness between them, Qui-Gon got up to leave.

?I am sorry, but I have to check up on the class roster for saber training. It will start in three days. and I want to see what time I am scheduled to teach."

Yoda only groaned again and nodded his understanding.

?Master Jinn??

Qui-Gon turned at the formal name Yoda used. Usually he was his padawan or just Qui-Gon but never Master Jinn unless he was before the council and in trouble some way with them.

?Do you require something of me Master Yoda??

?Too feeble today to go to the archives. Many steps there are. Put in an elevator they should.?

Qui-Gon smiled and walked back to where his master sat.

?Master Yoda, you are the one so vehemently opposed to the elevator when it was brought before the council to have one installed. You said we all needed the exercise.?

?Past exercising, I am. However need some books I do.?

?Well if you can wait until I check the teaching roster, I will be more than happy to go there and get what books you need. Do you have the list of them??

From his pocket, Yoda pulled a slip of paper. Qui-Gon took it and read the list.

Qui-Gon read the list and now it was his turn to shake his head.

"Quite an unusual list of books for a master who claims not to be able to walk the steps to retrieve them.?

Master Jinn hesitated as he looked down at the paper in hand and read over the list again to make sure he read it right the first time.

?The study of Samurai swordsmanship of ancient earth? My, ancient indeed, That planet hasn?t existed in?. well? in several hundred years.?

?Four hundred to be exact. Opportunity I had once to go there. Enjoyable it was no matter how ecologically challenged and evidently destructive they were. Met scholars and practioners of ancient samurai swordsmanship I did. Know further of it I wish too.?

Master Jinn helped Master Yoda from the bench and then continued with his errands.

##########Later in the afternoon.########

Qui-Gon was very pleased with the schedule. Neither too late nor too early were his classes he taught. After an enormous mid-meal, he decided the walk down the many steps to the book archives was, just what he needed after the meal he indulged in.

Once downstairs, he walked toward the section of archives he thought he would need to find the books Master Yoda requested.

His head was down and he was preoccupied going over the list. A qick glance up to make sure of his clear path and Qui-Gon saw the ?boy?. It was the one Master Yoda *suggested* he take as an apprentice. On one heel, he did a one-hundred eighty degree turnaround to walk out of the archives.

SO, that is why the old toad of a master wanted me down here. He is trying to force me into becoming aquainted with the boy. While I feel bad he was not chosen, I also know not all Jedi are meant to be masters, *warriors* as the young ones call us. It is just as dignified to help in the Jedi order
  17. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    *shakes her head slowly*

Nope, Qui isn't being a bukethead, he's being thick-headed. I've seen redwood trees less dense than this guy....
  18. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    (stupid double-post.....)
  19. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Now you have hurt my feelings J.K. 150. Stupid double post, like how? Just kidding!! Keep reading!!!! It's get better only to get worse all in this post. Read On!!ewen

################

Obi-Wan walked Master Jinn over to where he could find what he needed. Jinn started his search only to be interrupted by the child who remained beside him, though his help was no longer needed.

As Master Jinn searched through the books with not much luck Obi launched into a walking, talking encyclopedia of information about the samurai.

?The most important thing to know about the Samurai, which in their language means knight-retainers, is that they are a great deal like us. Well there is one difference. When they first organized, around the mid sixteen-hundreds they had a legal ability to kill any commoner that spoke ill of them or showed lack of respect. They carried two swords one long, the Daito-kanta and one short sword, the Shoto-Wkizashi Their swords were considered the extension of their souls; the soul of their warriorship is what they thought of them as. They valued them much as the Jedi do their sabers. In the 1700?s when it became illegal for the samurai to carry the sword or Kanta in public, they invented a short "stick" blade which was concealed in a cane, much like the one Master Yoda carries, his gimer stick. Like I said they were a great deal like the Jedi. A true Samurai warrior, as do the Jedi warrior, followed an unwritten mantra which held bravery, honor, and personal loyalty above life itself. The Daimyo, their leader was usually the most powerful and richest man in the Japanese empire. The samurai swore their allegiance to him and would die for him. In fact, like we think death is another of realm of life they believed there was no death or if there was, it was not a thing of worry. They freely accepted it. They had a saying they lived by. In the ?Book Of The Five Rings?, there is a quote. ?The way of the warrior is a resolute acceptance of death.? Cool. UHN??

Master Jinn watched the child?s eyes light up with each bit of information he passed along to the Jedi master, who until now was a little back on his studies of ancient earth. With the hyped-up excitement from the way Obi told his story, one could easily be drawn into it and become curious about it, just as Master Yoda has basically done. He was mesmerized by the knowledge that came from such a small boy. This was not the usual thing that came out of an initiate?s mouth. Even senior padawans would be hard pressed to remember so much about a culture that in a way was very similar as the Jedi. They were dissimilar mainly in their violence of their history. .

?You do know a great deal and you have impressed me with your knowledge. Something I might add is not easily done.?

?Well I have to admit I was the one who told Master Yoda about the Samurai. Well not told exactly, mentioned them and got him interested. He had heard of them before. I imagine you don?t tell Master Yoda much of anything. He knows everything. I mean he is really smart. Anyway when I mentioned they were similar and told him of some of the similarities, like the loyalty and undying commitment, he said he wanted to read more on it.?

?Oh so this search I am on is really as much for your benefit as it is his??

?Well I suppose, but I know about everything there is to know about the samurai, not bragging just fact.. Master Yoda wanted to learn more. He said we might discuss it over last-meal tonight.?

Obi dropped his eyes to the floor and toed the spilt linoleum with his boot.

?He kinda spends time with me some evenings. Kinds to get me through this since Sierra is gone. Well, I have accepted it and all, that I won?t become a Jedi in the way I had hoped. I guess he feels sorry for me.?

?I am sure Master Yoda spends time with you for more reasons than that. You can hold a conversation just in this and he loves it when someone speaks about something he is interested in and is knowledgeable about what you speak. I have to
  20. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    How right you are 150, this man is very thick in the head!!!!!

Poor little Obi, he feels so undeserving of a good life, I hope buckethead actually listens to Yoda (gotta love that troll)and sees how good Obi would be for him!
  21. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    The Book of Five Rings- amazing book!
  22. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Just thought I would let you know ahead of time. Because this story is not getting much feedback, I think I may shelf it until fall.

I truly believe this one will turn out to be one of my best, especially where the plot is concerned.

I think my readers might need a break from some of my stories.

Just a thought.

What do you guys think? I mean it is not far enough in the plot yet so it might not matter to you if I stop it now.....Matter to the two or three reading it. I guess I am just *HUNGRY*!!

PEACE ewen
  23. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    you already have me hooked on the story. But if you want to shelve it for later, I will grudgingly accept you choice.
  24. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    *unclips both of her lightsaber hilts from her belt and activates them*

Don't...even...think...about it.
  25. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I understand if you feel you must shelve this story until fall, but I for one (I am sure not the only one) that would miss it a great deal :( :(
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.