main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends " FITTING IN" *COMPLETED, FINISHED,THE END! DOES OBI-WAN FIND A PLACE AND A MASTER THAT HE "FITS"?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- they are figuring it out.

Safe trip, ewen

2. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    Have a safe trip.

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    *sends all traveling mercies to ewen* :)

Sense i do, that Ja'Reen will not be a knight anymore, expelled from the jedi order he should be, hmmm, yes. [face_devil]

POOR OBI :_|

Poor qui&YODA :(

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I have to go to Indianapolis first thing in the morning for two or three days[not pleasure,work].

I find that kind of funny since my dad also just left on a trip for work, except he has to go to England. Then he's gonna be home for a few days before he has to go to Korea then Japan, and then make it back home in time for my mom's b-day. No wonder he gets so many FF miles.

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    YES! Now He Is Going To Pay!

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    YEA!!! I am home.

I hope to have a post up Wednesday.

My motherly duties prevents me from writing tonight. "Gus" had to stay at the vet's kennel.

Now I have to baby him a little tonight!!

PEACE ewen

7. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    What's "Gus"? Dog or cat?

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    you put Gus in doggie jail? mean mommy

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    P.K. Just where do you put rour baby when you travel. Gotya!!!

J.K.150 I thought everyone knew GUS.

He is my five pound Doxie that forgot to grow. He is so spoiled he has a small cushion on the side of my computer desk and if he is not there he is in my lap when I write.

Sometimes he gets mad at me for writing and he feels ignored. When he does, he takes his nose and nudges my hand away from the mouse.
    I then have to stop and play with him or bribe him with a treat.

I will post on all three stories this evening!!!!

PEACE ewen

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Awww... that's so cute! Yea, my dog tries to do the same, but she seems to forget the fact that she's an 85 pound lab. Her name is Coco, named for her brown color, but her full name is Coco Channel. (Get it?) She's a big baby though. If my mom tries to hug me she gets jealous and starts barking, it's really funny. She's like a bottomless pit, she eats anything, but her favorite treat are lemon meringues. My mom buys them at a health food store and they look like chalk to me, but just say meringue and my dog's by your side in a second.

We had to stop leaving her at the kennel when we went away because she had a problem with being couped up and at one time while she was there she actually licked the fur off one of her front legs. We leave her at a place called "Linda's puppy playland" now. They have two huge yards and the dogs do whatever they want. Sometimes they throw tennis balls for the dogs and in the summer they have a kiddie pool shaded with a tarp set out for them. It's semi expensive, but she loves it there.

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

The mayhem that continued over Jinn?s improper actions would continue even
    outside of Riley Ja?Reen?s apartment.

It is not, or never would it be proper for a master to insert himself into a bond with another master?s apprentice, no matter how flagrantly lacking or ill used a bond was between said master and apprentice.

Riley?s mind worked fast enough to incorporate a plan that struck him just as he witnessed the tender moment Jinn and Kenobi shared, but soon would regret; the beginnings of a training bond or certainly some kind of illicit connection not excepted by the Jedi order. and he knew just what to do; go to the council with complaints of Jinn?s and possibly Master Yoda?s interference.

Master Jinn himself, realized what he had done only after he did it.

I can?t share a bond with this little one, no matter how much I care for him or subconsciously wish too. He has a master. What. Have. I. Done.?

Obi-Wan on the other thought he had found safe haven in the big arms of Jinn?s wrapped around him until he felt a sudden jolt and the connection with the big master lost mentally a swell as physically when he felt Qui-Gon instantly pull out of h is mind followed immediately by Jinn?s release of the physical hold he shared with obi as the child had nearly glued himself against the front of Master Jinn?s tunic.
    The Jedi master that knelt on the floor righted himself, straightened his tunic and then bowed to Knight Ja? Reen.

?Forgive me my lapse of Jedi decorum. However I have not forgotten what caused me to be concerned for the boy. You have inflicted some kind of injury I can? well I know.?

?Yes I am sure you do Master Jinn. You know because you have wantonly formed a bond with *MY* apprentice, something the council will take harsh exception too. I know I do. Your inferences is not appreciated. If I have acted untoward against my apprentice it is up to the council to decide, not you. I suppose though, with the link you have formed, you feel it should be otherwise. I will go to council for what you have done.?

?Ah, then so we are even. I plan to go to the council about the treatment of your apprentice. Had a bond been formed between master and apprentice I could not have asserted myself so easily.?

Obi-Wan listened to the exchange between his master and the Jedi he so wished was his master, no matter how wrong his actions were. The only regret he had was in listening to the conversation he?d gleaned enough from it to know in some way he may have gotten Master Jinn in trouble. Both Obi-Wan and Jinn had been aware of the mental connection. Obi knew that mental connection was in some way wrong no matter how *right* it felt.

Master Jinn turned, without a word or glance to Obi-Wan and left the apartment.

In his mind he had already, play-by-play settled on what to do.

First to Yoda to report what he had found out. The hardest part would be to tell him he *felt* rather than *saw* Obi-Wan?s misery from his punishment through a very established mental link. That in itself could and more than likely would create a problem.

####################

?Error grave it is Qui-Gon. Overstepped your boundaries in this matter you have. Jedi master you are then know you do of the rules that concern master and apprentice. Worry for the boy I still have but you? well the council will not see fit to overlook this one. Matter not whose former padawan you are. Censured for this you will be.?

?I am aware of that and though I do not claim not to worry about the mark on my record as a Jedi, my concern still lies with Obi-Wan and his trials. Must he stay with his master now that I know the truth.??

It was not often Yoda became angry or disgruntled in some way. However when he did, the power charged aura of his force signature unleashed a massive wave of displeasure that all in the temple felt. This was to be one of those rare times. It rock ed Master Jinn almost off his feet when the little master turned and shook his gimer stick threateningly at him.

12. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Oh, I do hope that Sierra has come to set the record straight! I can't believe how pigheaded the council is being. Wait, yes I can, but that's beside the point.

Please get Obi away from JaReen! I don't feel like killing a fictional character! Wait, yes I do, expecially him! [face_devil]

--later--

13. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    GO SIERRA!!

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Alright Sierra!!

to set the record straight, Galli goes to Animal Inns where he stays in an airconditioned run and gets 2 play times per day. I love the idea of the puppy playland, but Galli thinks he should be the only four foot on the face of the earth. He hates other dogs. He even challenged a full grown rottweiler at Petsmart one day. (Galli is a Lhasa Apso- about 15lbs of tempermental fluff)

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Riley misinformed the child and Obi thought if he did not lie and say he wanted to stay with his master, Jinn would be forever sent away.

That jerk! I hope the council throws him out of the order at the end! Poor little Obi...

Master Plo Koon?s words of Obi denouncing any desire to be Jinn?s apprentice caused the big master to grimace

Poor Qui.

I hope Sierra knocks Ja'Reen out or at least talks some sense back into these idiodic council memebers!

Great post! More soon? :D

16. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    SO sorry for the delay. Writing this week has seemed like a chore instead of the enjoyment I usually get.Here is your post.ewen

############

?Value your talent and Jedi skills we do Padawan Sierra. Value your opinion in this matter, however we do not. All here related. Corner on family you have not.?

?I know that Master Yoda. But I am still his blood relative. I too, like Master Jinn, have felt suffering through the link we have. I suppose Knight Ja?Reen will claim I am trying to form a training bond or some kind of bond with Obi, just as he did with Master Jinn. I don?t have too. The bond between us has been there always. I will not stand by and let someone destroy a child. He is a child as well as a Jedi, Masters. Can you not see that eleven years of age he is stll very much a child? I know, I remember how hard it was to be thrust into the Jedi order. Not an adult but expected to be one immediately following the braid ceremony. You know yourselves it takes more than that to make a Jedi. We are the only group in the galaxy that expect children to become adults at such a tender age. Everything for us is hurried with no time to adjust.?

?That is what I am trying to do with your brother Sierra, make him into a Jedi knight. But with Master Jinn?s interference, I couldn?t form a working relationship let alone a bond.?

Riley tried to be on his best behavior. Jinn was a favored master and Sierra was equally favored padawan. Of course Mace sat on the council and he would let no one speak anyway less than civil to his senior apprentice almost knight.

Plo Koon, not normally patient with young ones, wanted to hear what the girl had to say. He understood the bond of blood connection between families more than some masters who had never had a family member to care for them or vice visa.

?Please let the apprentice speak. Time enough later for her master to condemn the way she got before us. However since she is here, I would like to hear what she has to say.?

Several masters including her own, Master Gallia, and Master Yaddle nodded their head in agreement. Finally Yoda could be seen with a slight nod of approval to his head and finally spoke.

?Speak you will, then wait outside you also will.? These proceedings not privy to you young one.?

Sierra bowed polity to Master Yoda. She stepped forward and began. Before she did though she mentally reached for the force and asked its directive to help her explain.

?There is not a Jedi here at the temple that knows Obi-Wan that does not also know of his lack of self-esteem. His parents, our parents saw to it his worthiness within him was non-existent. My master knows well why I stopped visiting them. It was because of the pressure, indeed the burden put on a little boy to be better when he was fine all along.. They never cared for him and in turn Obi-Wan has yet to care for himself. As his master, shouldn?t Knight Ja? Reen have read his bio, been attuned to his lack of self-worth and work with him to built it. I think Master Jinn has done far more to help my brother with his problems. I don't believe Knight Ja'Reen even made an attmpet to od with my brother."

?If the council knew of Obi-Wan?s mental condition maybe Master Yoda shouldn?t have asked me to take someone like him.?

?Criticize the boy you should not for suffers the same kind of burden as you. Help each other I thought you could. Wrong I see I my have been."

?Are you letting a child turn this council hearing on me. I thought we are hear to question why Jinn stole my apprentice by building a bond with him.?

Sierra spoke again up and Master Windu shrunk down in his chair and covered his face. She held her own so far but if she crossed a line of conduct Yoda or another master on the council would be all over her.

?Don?t you think we should know if it was the force that formed this bond or if Master Jinn has suddenly lost his mind and decided todo something off the wall for him and that is to go against the mandate of the Jedi and the force itself. Is everyone hear, on the c

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Yea, Obi, that's all I want as well. Someone that cares...

I can't wait to see what trouble ja'reen is in now! *rubs hands together menacingly* This should be goood...

--later--

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    AT last he speaks the truth!

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    As I said before, I hope they kick Ja'Reen out of the order!

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I hope they toss that bastard out on his butt and he bounces right out of the Temple! GO SIERRA!

22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    obi still hasn't revealed to the jedi council all of the physical suffuring he endured from Ja'Reen.

GO SIERRA and lil' obi

poor mace(i can just picture him sitting there covering his face with his hands thinking: what is my apprentice doing? why oh why didn't i get a more quiet one, why oh why. :( )

plo and adi are cool.

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    benkenobi1 Yea, I agree. Adi is cool and I think she may be the one to talk Jinn into getting his brain back!!

[If I only had a Brain][Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz!!!]

PEACE ewen

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I just hope Qui takes Obi as his Padawan soon. Then the rest of the story could be made up of an adventure that takes place afterwards, maybe the revenge of Ja'Reen. (*Hint* *hint* ewen ;))

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    J.K.150 I am getting there, I promise.

Now here is the post. I will post on the other two stories in the morning before work. I am headed for bed!!! ewen

############

?I have had just about enough of this. Your healers have found nothing that would indicate I have abused my apprentice. He himself told them that in fact, I have done nothing wrong. I get the impression when I was summoned here before the council, it was to discuss the wrongful actions of Master Jinn. I can see favoritism has a way of clouding wrongdoing on his part. If that is the case, I must insist that Obi-Wan and I be excused. Once the council has decided what action is to be taken against Master Jinn, you can notify me. Until then, I have nothing more to say to this council.?

Knight Riley stepped forward toward Obi-Wan as I in an attempt to grab him by the arm and physically remove him from the council chambers. He met resistance by both Obi?s sister as she turned to put her body as a shield, in front of Obi with him grasped in her arms and Master Jinn who stepped between Ja?Reen and the two apprentices.

Ja? Reen turned to the council. His nostrils flared as he made a venomous accusation against the master who blocked his way.

?See, Master Jinn threatens me before the council masters yourselves, all of you and still no censure is to be done to him. Must I protect myself before you, without your help??

He made another step toward the brother and sister huddled together. Not only Qui -Gon, but all the masters assembled could feel fear emanate from Obi-Wan as he waited to see what his master planned. That fear made the council question Riley?s real feelings for the boy even more.

With the second step toward Obi and Sierra, Riley met with another powerful and irate master, Mace Windu. He jumped up from his council seat and stood side by side with Master Jinn. He had no intentions of Riley laying a hand on his apprentice and he certainly would not listen to any council member who told him otherwise.

Silence eerily hung in the air of the chambers as everyone held their breath. They understood the meeting had speedily turned ugly and just as quickly could escalate into a full blown argumentative confrontation. If not contained, Master Yoda felt it could just as easily take a more dangerous turn; one of an actual battle between the three Jedi masters who stood before the council.

?Stop this non ense, all here will. Think on the matter I will. Ja?Reen to your quarters and meditate I think for you. Mace take your apprentice and do the same. Unlike the Jedi to bicker and battle between our own. Like it I do not.?

?What about my apprentice? Does this mean you plan to take him away from me.?

?Take him we will temporarily.?

Yoda had not even asked the other masters' consent when he formed his plan and so he waited to see if they agreed. Several nodded their approval and no one verbally objected.

?I absolutely think this is absurd. What if I don?t? agree to him being taken.??

?Easy that question is to answer. Take him we will anyway. Like it or not, abide by the council rules all Jedi do or Jedi no longer they are.?

Riley remained stone silent for a moment.

?May I at least know what you plan to do with my apprentice while I don?t have custody of him. Who will care for him as I do??

Master Gallia spoke up before Master Yoda had a chance to voice his opinion of where Obi-Wan should stay.

Padawan Kenobi may stay with me until this is settled. It would not be good to place him with Master Jinn, though I do think that if the force is trying to form a bond between Obi-Wan and Master Jinn then quite possibly he should be placed there. However I know the objections you would well put up and I have no intentions of listening to any further complaints today. Any master on this council object??

Sierra let out a long sigh of relief. She very much admired Master Adi and she was like family. She was apprenticed to her own master, Master Windu. In a sense, they were like sist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.