main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitting in

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit' , Apr 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I fully agree with what The Butler said above. Rhonin is definitely going through a tough time.

Great story Kit', post more soon!

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys. Yes, poor Rohnin isn't haveing a good time of late and it's only going to get worse. Worse for me too, because this story gets to a certain stage and then fades to nothing. Plot Kit PLOT! Anyway I just poppe4d into to say thankyou to everyone. More is on the way soon I just have to write another small scene.

jodiwent I don't know, I think Jedi are allowed to get married and have kids. But I don't know what the policy would be if that Kid didn't have a midi-cholrin(sp?)count!

Um thanks guys. Just a little link to Mind Games for people who haven't read the ending!!!!!! tongue.gif

Forum16/HTML/000016.htmlMind Games

Thanks guys

Kithera

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay Kit', I'm finally checking out this story....and I love it!! This is a great topic, one of the few that I can say I've never seen anywhere else before. You're doing an absolutely wonderful job characterizing everyone, and I think you did an awesome job portraying how Rohnin must be feeling. Keep up the great work...and the posts!!!

4. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    On the upside of things, at least Rohnin(sp?) has some friends at the Temple, right?

I just "discovered" this thread and I love it...nice job Kit' keep going!

[This message has been edited by Flip A Coin (edited 04-12-2000).]

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hi guys, okay Flip a coin about your question "Does Rohnin have any friends at the temple" Well, you'll just have to wait and find out! Thanks guys!

"Rohnin you're going to miss breaky." came the insistant voice, Rohnin reached up to swat whatever it was away. "Rohnin time to get up." Came the little voice again, Rohnin rolled over with a groan and squinted up at Anglesie, the oranged-haired girl had a toothbrush pokeing out of her mouth.

"Go away, it's not even past seven." he
    mumbled.

"On the contary it's half past eight." N-ari's voice inerupted. "Anglesie have you brushed your hair yet?" she asked. The little girl gave her master an apologetic look.

"Oooops." she whispered.

"Quickly, go and do it and then get your boots on. By that time breakfast should be ready." N-aru answered.

"Are we having panatcakes?" Anglesie asked.

"Please, Master."

"Maybe." N-ari said smiling. "Depends on how fast you get ready."

"Yippee." Anglesie yelled and Rohnin winced at the sound. "Watch me fly." she raced out of the bedroom towards the refresher.

"Don't run with a toothbrush in your mouth!" N-ari yelled. "Come on Rohnin time to get
    up."

"I could sleep for another hour." Rohnin said grumpily.

"Well the ret of us have been up for that
    hour, we let you sleep in."

"Why because I'm a guest?" Rohnin said causically.

"No because you needed it." N-ari said.

"Thanks." Rohnin said in annoyance.

"Look Rohnin about last night..."

"I don't want to talk about it okay, Mother.
    At least let your 'guest' have the privacy of getting dressed alone, or do I need help with that too?"

"Fine, Rohnin. Forget I said anything."

"I will." Rohnin said as the door slammed. He sat down on the side of his bed to pull his shirt on. His parents were annoying him, it was almost like everything he did was a faliure and if anything went wrong then it was his fault. After five minutes there was a timid knock on the door. It opened just far enough for Anglesie to poke her head round.

"Can you help me with my shoes?" she asked meekly. Rohnin sighed.

"Of course." Rohnin said. The little girl tiptoed into the room. Rohnin noticed with a grin that her boots were on the wrong feet.

"I can't tie my laces yet." Anglesie said.

"You've got them on the wrong foot." Rohnin
    said smiling

"Oh." Anglesie said sitting on the edge of
    his bed.

"Here." he bent down and removed both boots and put them back on the right feet.

"See that boot goes on your left foot." Anglesie looked a tad confused and so Rohnin went on. "It's on the same side as your left hand."

"Oh." Angleise said examining her hand.

"This is my left hand."

"Yes."

"But what if I turn it like this. Is it still my left hand?'

"Yes." Anglesie jumped off the bed and
    turned to face him. "Even when your turning around it's still your left hand." Rohnin said prempting Anglesie's question. "You want me to show you how to do your laces?" he asked. The little girl nodded.

"Right, you make two little Yoda ears."
    Anglesie was giggling. "Then you put one Yoda ear around the other and flip it under!
    Now you try."

"You make one little Yoda ear and then another little Yoda ear and then you....mmm....uummm...Got it." Anglesie said excitedly. She looked at Rohnin seriously for a second. "I heard you and Master arguing before. Parent and Master's can be such a pain can't they." Anglesie said. Rohnin smiled at her and then they both looked up to see Ventrid at the door.

"Look Master Ventrid, Rohnin helped me tie my laces." She exclaimed. Ventrid smiled.

"Time for breakfast kids." he said merrily, as Anglesie rushed out

"What are you doing today?" N-ari asked Rohnin as he came in.

"Catching up on sleep." Rohnin said and then grinned at his mother's look. "Just kidding, I was thinking of going swimming."

"Swimming could I go?" Anglesie asked. N-ari
    shook her head.

"No Anglesie, you have classes all today."

"Kendry, you could join Rohnin." Ventrid said.

"Yeah, maybe." Kendry put in.

"You still can't swim, can you?" Rohnin asked. Kendry absolute dislike of water was legendary, he

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    What a cute idea! Making little Yoda ears to tie your shoes with!

I like the family interaction here; young pesky girl, moody teenagers, determinedly cheerful parents. I'm looking forward to the next scene, where Rohnin goes swimming and Kendry doesn't. Hopefully, Obi-Wan will come, too, and they'll have another round of insults and competitions.

7. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Cool scenario Kit'! Looking forward to more...

in perticullar, Obi-Wan, Kendry and Rohnin chill out time!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Hey Kit', excellent post! I'm gonna try that Yoda bit when we teach my niece to tie her shoes! I love it!!

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Kit', I hate to see this story on page 2. Up it goes.

10. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys! I didn't realise that this kind of idea would have such a good reaction! Thanks everyone!

"Kendry, you're still as wimpy as you always were." Rohnin said as he dived under the water. Kendry was perched on a rock that leant out over the water. The younger boy refused to even go in the water but it didn't stop him wearing his togs.

"I'm waiting for Obi-wan." Kendry yelled back once Rohnin had surfaced. Rohnin grinned as he wiped the water out fo his eyes.

"Oh yeah, you're still not gonna get in even after girly-boy arrives. I don't understand why you get changed into your swimmers anyway, you never use them."

"It's so he can show off his great body to all the girls." Obi-wan said from the bank.
    Kendry stood up and waved at him as Rohnin spun around in the water. "I heard that about me being a 'girly-boy' Rohnin, I'm going to have to get you for that one." Obi-wan said as he gingerly stepped into the water. "Ooo it's cold." he mumbled.

"What was that is little girly-boy afraid of the cold water?" Rohnin teased. "Come out here and get me Obi-wan, I'd like to see you try."

"That's it!" Obi-wan yelled as he splashed into the water. "You die Rohnin!"

"Now, now girls, lets have no fighting." Kendry called from his rock perch. Obi-wan and Rohnin stopped in mid-struggle to stare at him.

"That's a bit rich, comming from you, Mr-I-am-so-scared-of-the-water-I-can't-get-wet!" Obi-wan jeared. The two boys began to swim closer and Kendry backed away his nose in the air.

"I'll have you know that I'm not scared..." he said.

"That's good, because you know what Master Yoda says-"Rohnin interupted.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to -" Obi-wan continued

"Getting Wet!" Rohnin said as he splashed Kendry with water. The blonde haired boy backed away, tripped over a root and landed in a muddy patch. Obi-wan and Rohnin hooted with laughter as Kendry picked himself up.

"I'll get you both." He yelled in a mock threat.

"How? You won't even get in." Obi-wan said

"Ahh but you have to come out sometime." Kendry added

"Nahhh, you too pathetic Kendry, old boy." Rohnin said grinning, He dived under the water and came up with a handful of pond weed. He swam queitly up behind Obi-wan and then proceeded to rub the entire concotion in his hair.

"What in SITH!" Obi-wan screeched. Kendry cracked up laughing and Rohnin dived under the water to escape Obi-wan's wrath. The moment he surfaced Obi-wan popped up beside him with a handful of mud and pond weed and drapped it over Rohnin's head. Rohnin swore and dived under again grabbing a couple of handfulls of grass he grabbed Obi-wan ankle and pulled him under. The Grass was uncerimoniously stuffed down Obi-wan's 'boardies' and into his hair. Obi-wan started to laugh at him underwater and then shot to the surface to spit out a lungful of water.

"You cheat.' he said to Rohnin as the other boy surfaced. Rohnin grinned mischieveiously

"That's what I said last night." Kendry murmed. "After he tripped me in the hall."

"Wanna go again?" Rohnin asked Obi-wan ignoreing Kendry as he showed Obi-wan a huge handful of mud and slime. The brown haired boy shook his head.

"No way. I'll race you across the pool. To that rock, and then back to Kendry's." Obi-wan said.

"On your marks, get set, GO!" Rohnin yelled as he dived across the pool.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, more story! I love the way Rohnin massages the pond weed into Obi-Wan's hair, and then stuffs it down his "boardies" when he's underwater. I like the way they tease each other about being "girlie" or being too afraid to come into the water. I also like the way Obi-Wan defuses the situation by suggesting a race. Good diplomatic training!

What's going to happen next? Will Kendry overcome his fear of the water and get his toes wet, or will they move on to other mischief? Post more soon!

12. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Cool!! Great post. Welcome back, I was beginning to wonder if you'd gotten lost.

13. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

I thought someone told me that if I kept posting they would keep this up for me! Well I posted yesterday. Why was this on the third page???? tongue.gif

Sorry venting. I'll shut-up now!

14. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Still loving it!

15. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Sorry Kit'.

This was on the first page when I found it. I went away for the weekend and I'm still looking for mine. If you post, I'll post. Well I'm going to post anyways, but I'll post again if you post again. cool.gif

Did any of that make sense or am I rambling?

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    UP....I guess

Anyway there should be a post later today/tonight. If not there will definitely be one tomoorow. Since it is holidays I will be able to wrtite a lot more!!!!!!! Yippeee!

Kithera

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    C'mon Kit', I'm eagerly awaiting more.

18. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Great story Kit'. I've always thought that at least some of the Jedi would have families. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to your next post.

19. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    YEAH!

Holidays!

Come on Kit', Unless you're gonig away, you have to post!

HOLIDAYS

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys! here is that post I told you I'd write.

Rohnin toweled at his hair, the water was still dripping relentlessly from his shorts.

"Come back in the water, you wimp." Obi-wan yelled from the middle of the lake.

"Sorry, I like water, but my skin has gone all pruny and I hate that." Rohnin called.

"I'm getting out too." Kendry said from his perch on the rocks.

"You never even went in." Obi-wan said swimming over.

"It's the principal of the thing." Kendry said haughtily.

"What principal." Obi-wan asked as he dried off. Rohnin was half into the Jedi clothes that Kendry had lent him for his stay. There was a noise from the bushes and Bruck Chun and his friends jaunted out.

"Look what we have here." Bruck sneered.
    "Oafy-wan and girly-boy."

"Shut-up Bruck." Obi-wan warned, Kendry had risen of his rock had was staring at Bruck his hands clasped at his sides.

"Ooo what are you going to do? Tell your master or something?" Bruck asked.

"Oh go plant something Farmer-boy." Rohnin interjected, Bruck rounded on him,

"Like you can talk at least I am a Jedi. Which is something you will never be. You can't even lift anything." Bruck sneered. Rohnin felt anger starting to seep into him.

"What was that you said?" he asked lowly

"Leave it, Rohnin." Kendry warned

"No, I want to know what this little whelp said about me." Rohnin growled. He stepped closer to Bruck. "Like to inform me. Or shall I make you tell."

"You couldn't even punch me in a fit. What happened to your hair? Bantha eat it?" Bruck asked. Rohnin gave a chuckle.

"You could at least be original." he said as he turned away, adding under his breath.
    "Farmer-boy."

The next second Bruck tackled him from behind. Rohnin turned over and Bruck caught him just under the eye, Rohnin felt warm liquid on his face and then he found himself fighting back. He was dimly aware of Bruck's friends joining in with Obi-wan and Kendry not far behind.

Rohnin managed to catch Bruck's nose with one fist, he smiled to himself, Bruck would have to see the healers about that one. Bruck yelled and kicked Rohnin in the shins. Rohnin went to retaliate but found himself kicking air.

"Do you want to explain or shall I?" N-ari said angrily.

"I do not like having my meditations interrupted with the petty insults of small boys." Master Koon added.

"Healers now." The female Jedi was staring angrily at Rohnin, "I thought you had more self control." she whispered angrily as he passed.

An-Paj inspected Rohnin's face, he sighed heartily, "Such a waste of a Bacta-pad. It's your own fault, so I don't see why I should make you feel any better." He handed Rohnin the small square of gel and moved on too Obi-wan.

"What were you boys doing?" Ventrid asked. Bruck and his compatriots were in the other room. The group of Master's had decided they should be kept separate.

"Swimming." Rohnin declared defiantly.

"We know that." Qui-gon said, "What we want to know is why you ended up to be in the healing areas."

"N-ari sent us." Rohnin said quietly again.

"Master N-ari." Ventrid said angrily

"Master N-ari sent us."

"After you had been fighting." Ventrid interjected.

"Yes."

"Why Rohnin?" Qui-gon asked.

"Firstly he insulted Kendry and Obi-wan and then he insulted me." Rohnin answered.

"And you hit him because he insulted you."

"Yes."

"Rohnin, when will you control your anger. As a Jedi..."

"But that is just it isn't it. I'm not a Jedi." Rohnin said hotly, his dark eyes flashing in annoyance.

"While you are in the temple you are expected to behave like a Jedi, follow the code." Ventrid said through his teeth.

"Until when father? Until you ship me off to another school. Make me look like an idiot and object of mirth, a curiosity because my parents are Jedi and their son does not even have a midi-cholrine count to call his own? then I come back for two weeks every three years, to be insulted and snubbed by the padawans and knights because I am not like them, yet another curiously? Wait until I get into a fight and then send me back again..." Rohnin trailed away suprised

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, another post! I was just about to tell you to stop playing mind games with us, Kit', and now I see you're fitting it in to your busy holiday schedule! Write more, write now!

Go, Rohnin! Give Bruck what he deserves! Yeah! I hope you find somebody who understands you some time soon!

22. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Thank you!

I completely enjoyed that one. It was sad to see Rohnin snap though,

More, Please?

23. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Poor Rohnin, I really feel his pain. For being Jedi parents they seem awfully clueless with their son.

Great post Kit'

24. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Great post go Kit.

25. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    More Kit' more!

Please!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.