main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitting in

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit' , Apr 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheheh, I love it, Kit'!! That was soooo funny!

2. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Excellent post Kit'! I'm still giggling like an idiot.

3. L's angel

L's angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    Keep up the great work Kit, and ya know al us aussies really do get along we just say we don't and i still think making obi wan eat vegimite would make a great torture seen for him.

"never have i seen an angel fly so low"

4. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    This is a really good story. Can't wait to read the next part so post is soon please cool.gif

5. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    From Mrs. R U Sidious:

You guys really eat that stuff? My parents brought some back when they went for a couple of visits in the 80's. I never could bring myself to even taste it.

Are we going to see even a non Jedi can use and be used by the force?

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys I was just about bowled over with that response. Holy dooly!! (Aussie expression for you!) I can't stand Vegimite but I just popped it in. I can't promise to be funny all the time and the next post is..well I'll let you read it for yourself!

Kithera

"Ooo Ooo who is your friend?" Meri asked as Obi-wan sat down with his tray.

"He looks like a padawan except he has no braid.He could be a knight." Ieron added.

"If he is either I can't remeber seeing him, but I'm glad I did. He is HOT!" Sifa said, Obi-wan sighed heavily,

"Loosing your harem already?" Cali asked with a grin, Obi-wan pluncked his spoon into his mashed potatoe and aimed at Cali's head.

"He's not even a Jedi." Obi-wan said turning the spoon around and popping it into his own mouth.

"Another exchange student?" Cali asked,

"Because you know Obi-wan there will come a time..." Cali paused as Obi-wan lined up another spoon of mush, "I was only joking." she added.

"Don't mention times, I'm already sick of Rohnin Darkill and it's only been one day."

"Rohnin whaaaat?" Ieron asked. "Like the ledgendary Rohnin darkill."

"Who?" Cali asked.

"Oh you know the Jedi who is not a Jedi."

"Come again?"

"He was born from Jedi parentage, and yet has no-midichlorian count. When he was little he was the terror of the nusery."Ieron giggled at some rememberance.

"Rohnin Darkill." Obi-wan said again, "And he is not hot and he is a totally rat-faced, two-sided blood sucking..."

"And he's comming this way."Cali said queitly.

"oh hi." Obi-wan squeaked. "Rohnin this is Ieron, Meri, Bant, Sifa and Cali." he introduced, Rohnin bowed without losing his tray and then stuck his hand out towards Cali,

"This is the delightful Cali I have been hearing about. May I ask where is Jane?" Rohnin said polietly.

"Ane played a practical joke on everyone and jane got ropped in. Master Perrian and Master Yuki found out and now they have to scrub." Cali said simply, Rohnin raised his eyebrows in bemusement.

"May I sit down?" he asked.

"no." Obi-wan said under his breath and Sifa elbowed him in the ribs.

"Of course." Sifa said polietly patting the bench besides her. Rohnin smiled and sat down, selecting a savoury biscuit off his plate he pulled a little container from his belt and opened it.

"What in Sith is that?" Obi-wan asked backing back a little. Rohnin smiled.

"Vegimite. Want some?" he asked offering the can, Obi-wan shook his head.

'It smells like it was scrapped of a Alderanian road after the bitumened it!" he said. Rohnin shrugged,

"It is kind of an aquired taste." he said, Sifa looked at him eagerly,

"Can I have some?" she asked.

"Sure," Rohnin said. Pulling off a piece of biscuit he spread a thin layer of Vegimite on the bread and offered it to her. Sifa took it popped it gracefully in her mouth. She chewed for a few seconds before making a face.

"It is an aquired taste." Rohnin said agreed. Sifa shook her head,

"Oh no," she said faintly, "It's alright I'm just no used to it that's all." Rohnin gave a chuckle and continued spreading the black spread on his lunch. He broke one half of the biscuit off and placed it on the other half to form a sandwich, realising the rest of the table was watching him intently he squeezed the two halfs together. Little black worms reared their heads through the holes in the biscuits and Sifa giggled. Rohnin proceded to eath the entire thing even offering Obi-wan the remaining biscuit. The brown-haired boy shook his head.

"I think I would rather starve." he said.

"Maybe one day then," Rohnin started on the rest of his lunch, "They never feed us like this at boarding school." he said to himself.

"Like what?" Ieron asked, "Because if you call this food..." she trailed away. Rohnin smiled and finished his mouthful.

"The carrots are so tough you can make missiles out of them and the rest of the food is just carboard in twenty assorted colours." Rohnin grinned again, "And on occasion they even serve us somehtign that resembles Master Yoda's gruel."

"Then Jane would like that school." Meri said grinning.

"What

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, Kit', that was excellent, especially the part about the little black worms rearing their heads through the holes of the biscuit! I've never heard a better description of that particular action! Is Vegimite really black? I've actually heard of the stuff -- (All right, all you Aussies, heave a collective sigh and moan, "Not that old song again!")-- thanks to Men At Work.

Anyway, thanks for including me and my reputation. I mean, Jane and her reputation. Where's Rohnin off to now? Is he going to get in trouble with Qui-Gon for leaving the Temple without permission? Will Obi-Wan try to follow him? Can't wait to read more!

8. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    I'm with Jane...what's next? I love it so far, particularly the ties to Ultra Stressed Jedi Students. BTW, I think there's a party that needs your attention.

-K'Tai

9. L's angel

Mar 28, 2000
    Kit you are now offically my hero *praises the wonderful makers of the QUeensland goddess of all time, clasic with the vegimite keep up the good work.

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Queensland Goddess???? *laughs* oh I liked that, I once got told I should be the Australian ambassador to the weird side of the U.S.A. Queensland Goddess is even better

Yes, Vegimite is really black. Like tar really, I can't stand the stuff. Ugh, anyway there should be some more tomorrow and then I have to go back to school although i do promise to post regulary....I hope!

Kithera

11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I really loved that last bit.

12. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    More Kit', more!

13. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Very cool story Kit.

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Oooh, I feel so bad for Rohnin!! (and Obi-Wan, too!!)

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999

Obi-wan skidded around the door frame. Master Jinn was sitting under the window his face relaxed in meditation.

"Padawan, will you explain why you are late?" Qui-gon asked.

"I....Rohnin has left the temple buildings." Obi-wan said the words comming out in a confused rush. Qui-gon's eyes snapped open.

"He has done what?" Qui-gon asked slowly, not quite believing what he was hearing.

"He left the Temple buildings. We had an arguement he was making me look like a fool infront of my friends...I asked what he was doing. He said that he was only being friendly but that he felt that i felt he was interferring with his life." Obi-wan explained.

"And did you?" Qui-gon asked. Obi-wan found himself staring at the pattern in the carpet.

"I guess a little." Obi-wan said softly. Qui-gon sighed, stood and crossed the room to his aprentice. Fearing a reprimand Obi-wan went down on one knee and hung his head. "I'm sorry master." Obi-wan said softly.

"Did you tell Rohnin that?" Qui-gon asked and then sighed, "Get up Obi-wan I'm not going to yell at you. Not yet anyway." Qui-gon added.
    "Do you know where Rohnin might have gone?" Qui-gon asked giving his padawan, a comforting pat.

"He did say he something about home." Obi-wan offered hopefully.

"Rohnin's school has finished for the holidays. Do you know if Rohnin had any friends?" Qui-gon asked, Obi-wan shook his head. Qui-gon paused and paced the room,

"We have to catch a frieghter to Jenten at two O'Clock Obi-wan." Qui-gon reminded him. "I suggest you pack a bag for yourself and put Rohnin's clothes together. I should be back by them ."

"Master?" Obi-wan asked as he moved across to his room.

'I'm going to find Rohnin." Qui-gon said.

Rohnin tapped impatiently on the comm-box. He had just enough money to phone Shiree and maybe get a transitor over to her house. A moment went by and then Shiree's mother's face apeared on the screen.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Grenham." Rohnin said using his best manners. The women on the end of the phone returned his greeting with a tight smile, Mrs Grenham wasn't known for her politeness and her sharp tongue was something Shiree had inheritated.

"What do you want?" she snapped,

"Could I please speak with Shiree if she's about?" Rohnin said still being polite, it was a policy he had learned when he had met Shiree and her parents, the more polite you were the less uptight they became.

"Yes, I'll get her for you." Mrs Grenham snapped again. Rohnin saw her walk away and then a call of "Shiree it's that stupid Jedi boy on the link." Rohnin grinned, 'Stupid Jedi boy' was one of her better insults. Shiree was right when she said that her parents liked Rohnin. When they had first met Mrs Grenham had spent a whole minute insulting Rohnin before she had even asked his name. Mr Grenham had only remarked that Rohnin reminded him of a mutilated Tatooine spider. To which Shiree had replied that her father was the spawn of a fat chotan frog who had mated with a calamarian weasel. Her father had only given one of his little wheezy laughs. Rohnin had been shocked until Shiree had explained later that they were always like that and that had to have been the best family outing she had experianced in a while.

"Hey monkey-boy." Shiree greeted him."Whatcha doing? Been kicked out of the temple yet?"
    Shiree took one look at Rohnin's face and gave a melodramatic sigh. The sigh was so large that Rohnin had a good enough look inside Shiree's mouth to see she had got yet another tongue ring. Shiree's face was a mass of piercings including two in each eyebrow, one in her lower lip which had a chain which ran into the scores of studs in her ears. Three in her nose and the new one in her tongue made the count up to four all together in her mouth. Shiree ran one hand through her brightly dyed purple hair. Rohnin had liked Shiree the moment he saw her, he had even asked her if she would ever go out to dinner with him to which she replied that she wouldn't as long as she could still feed herself. That had started a long and induring friendship. Since then he h

16. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, that was cute!! Rohnin has a rather...interesting...relationship with Shiree

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh just upping this because it sank so quickly. Plus a couple of messages.

Rani: There is a e-mail that desperately needs your attention.

Ty-gon: Thanks for nominating Rohnin fgor best original character I was stoked!!!!

Jane: Thanks for reading this and telling me what to do.......:p

Jedi_master_Gimpy: Interesting relationship?? In what way? confused.gif

Sorry, more soon.

Kithera

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "How to cut your Padawan's hair in only five minutes using your light saber!" I love it! "101 ways to roast a Padawan, and baby meat in three easy lessons!" Excellent!

Here's a course for new Masters: "It's all in the wrist--yanking your Padawan's braid." Or a course for new Padawans: "Interpreting the yank--how to know by the intensity of the pull if your Master is about to send you before the Council and get a replacement, wants to have a long 'talk' with you, or is merely giving you a love-tug. Aspirin included for course-induced headaches."

Shiree and her family certainly sound colourful! Poor Rohnin--he doesn't get to go there and sling insults with the best of them. Still, there's always a chance that Qui-Gon will yell at Obi-Wan in his presence. That should make him feel better.

More, more!

19. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm sorry Kit', but I haven't done this in a long time!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

I want more! please?

20. L's angel

Mar 28, 2000
    Come on Kit we need more of the story, *sniff* damn cold i need something to keep me entertained.

21. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Lovin' it Kit'! Now, back to the top where you can see it at first glance so you can post!

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    And the award for iffiest post goes to Kithera Rinani for this next post on Fitting In...... Sorry guys. Poor excuse as it is but I'm sick!

Qui-gon Jinn paused as he entered the turbo lift. The first sensible place to look would be the roof, or as it had been named by the master's some years ago; 'Rohnin's retreat'.
    Qui-gon shook himself out of fond rememberances to focus on the task at hand. Rohnin was missing and Obi-wan had seen him go out of the temple. That would rule out the healer's lab, roof, stepping-stone room. Rohnin could have doubled back but Qui-gon doubted that, the temple was the last place Rohnin would go when upset.

Unconciously his fingers skipped over the buttons on the inside of the lift until they landed on the 'Ground floor' touch pad. Qui-gon suffered a moment of indescion before he pressed the button, he could have or rather should have contacted the temple authorities but he preferred to handle this himself.

The door light pinged again and Qui-gon strode out into the filtered sunlight of the Jedi temple's foyer. He nodded absentmindly to the padawan on reception duties and then made his way between the potted plants and out onto the Coroscant walkways.

The first thing to do was to check the transit centres and then try to contact someone at Rohnin's school. Neither N-ari nor Ventrid had left Qui-gon with any contact numbers for Rohnin's school or any of his friends. Qui-gon frowned and realized that he didn't even know if Rohnin had any friends at school, in fact he didn't know much about Rohnin at all. Qui-gon frowned deeper, Obi-wan wasn't exactly helping the issue, Rohnin should be made to feel at home in the temple but in the past two days the boy had been in nothing but trouble. Qui-gon sighed.

I should be searching for the boy instead of mentally berating myself for my padawan's behaviour. Qui-gon thought ruefully, although still making a mental note to talk to his padawan later. Qui-gon made his way through shopping precints and markets making brief stops at anywhere he thought Rohnin could go. Finally after half an hour Qui-gon dejectedly made his way over to a near-by public commlink.

"Hey Jedi master dude." someone shouted. Qui-gon turned in time to see a tall lanky teenager with a black ripped shirt and holes torn in his jeans running across the street his arms waving. Qui-gon groaned inwardly but kept his calm.

"Hey, dude are you like lookin' for that Jedi kid?" the boy asked. Qui-gon nodded before replying,

"Yes, have you seen him?"

"Well not exactly." The boy answered scratching his head as Qui-gon have a inward sigh. The boy brightened. "Yeah, but one of my friends saw him before. Said something about not thinking Jedi were allowed to drink or something."

"Did your friend see where he went?" Qui-gon asked paitently.

"Yeah, that old cantina over there." The kid nodded his head a grin lighting his features.

"Thankyou." Qui-gon answered stoicly and began to make his way across to the cantina.

"Hey duuude." The shout rang out behind him,
    "Can I've your autograph?"

Rohnin fingered the outside of his glass. This was his second, and last, drink before he found somewhere to stay for the night. He hadn't realised just how expensive drinks were in this cantina.

S'pose cause every time I go drinking with Shiree and Jetar we go to the cheapest bars in town. Rohnin thought. There was a slight hush in the conversation levels of the bar and Rohnin ignored it. It would only be a problem if the person walking through the door was a hutt whose regular seat he had taken. A hand rested on his sholder.

"Sith" Rohnin murmered, and then squinted up far enough to see the brown robes of the Jedi tunic. "Wait only one thing worse then a hutt," he mumbled to himself, "and that is a Hutt who is also a Jedi."

Qui-gon slid into the seat opposite him and Rohnin had just enough time to rumble out a few more of the choicest curses Shiree had taught him. He lifted his glass,

"Here's to the Jedi class they should teach; 101 ways to piss people off." Rohnin said loudly.

"I wo

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Hey Jedi Master dude!" Kit', do they really say "dude" in Australia? It sounds so American! I'll bet Qui-Gon's never been called that before, either! Of course he tactfully refrained from giving the youth his autograph--didn't he, Kit'?

Poor Rohnin! Now he's swept up on a mission with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan--and will probably be stuffed into very close quarters with them for a very long trip to the Outer Rim! How will he stay sane? Or will he let his aggressions out on poor Obi-Wan?

"In space no one can hear you scream!"

"My master can! Master, he took my light saber and is trying to cut my hair wi--"
    Bzzzz.

"Oops. Uh, Master Jinn--?"

All right, Kit', I want the award for the iffiest post now!

24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    That made me laugh sooo hard. Sorry Jane no iffiest psot award for you!

We don't say 'dude' I just got it off an interview with Liam Neeson, in which he said people kept calling him.
    "Hey, Jedi master dude!" Or soemthing like that so I had to use it.

hehe Rohnin/Obi-wan long trips....

"Are we there yet?"

Kithera

25. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Kit', when I said that Rohnin and Shiree's relationship was interesting I just meant that it was different than most peoples, yet extremely funny how they were always making fun of each other!! Heheh, I loved that whole 'duuuuuuude' thing!! *LOL* that was hilarious! Please post more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.