main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitting in

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit' , Apr 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Uppers~ I guess.

Kithera

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Dammit! I thought she'd posted!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray for Kit'!

If you call that iffy, then you are sadly mistaken!

It was COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray for Kit'!

If you call that iffy, then you are sadly mistaken!

It was COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

5. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Any more Kit'?

Was your formal on Thursday or next Thursday?

If it has been, Did you have fun? If it hasn't have fun!

Mine isn't until August. Can't wait! I've had my hair appointment booked since February!

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm going to put a huge post up on Friday, I'm sorry guys that I have not posted in such a long time.

My formal is tomorrow night!!!!!!

Kithera

7. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
  8. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    More, Kit'? PLEEEAASSEEE

9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey guys!

This is just a short little post before I go on holidays (for two weeks!) I know I promised a long one but I have no energy after the formal last night. Can i ask a favor? Can someone keep this up around in maybe the top five pages while I'm away? Thanks, when i come back I'll be able to spoil you guys rotten with lots of posts including the sequel!

Kithera

So yes, here is my short crappy post for the day/week/month.....

Kithera

"Now Obi-wan, would you like to explain about the blue hair?" Master Jinn asked folding his long frame into a couch.

"It was just a practical joke. Amy suggested that we should get Tirria and Cataylin back." Obi-wan replied guiltily. "They kept calling me names and making rude comments towards Rohnin and Amy."

"Obi-wan, there will be lots of people in your life which will make fun of you for whatever reasons, but that is not, however, an excuse for taking a lightsabre or a bottle of blue hair dye to them." Qui-gon said sternly.

The Jedi Master leaned forward on his chair and frowned at Obi-wan, the boy mentally stopped himself from wriggling in discomfort. Qui-gon relaxed and his frown softened, he looked as if he was considering something. Obi-wan felt the lightest touch through the bond. Qui-gon shook his head as if dismissing an idea. "I believe your punishment shall be to spend the rest of the day on the couch where I can see you. YOu won't be allowed to watch the holo-vid or read, instead you must meditate on your actions and the hurt they may have caused."

"But Master, what about Rohnin!" Obi-wan burst out, "He was in it as much as I was!"

"Rohnin shall recieve his punishment later." Qui-gon said so sternly that Obi-wan almost cringed. "I shall have to think about his punishment as he is not a Jedi and I don't have any experiance.." Qui-gon almost seemed as if he was talking to himself.

"Who cares if he isn't a Jedi." Obi-wan whispered under his breath. It was not intended for the Jedi-master to hear but Qui-gon's head came up and he almost glared at Obi-wan.

"Would you like to repeat that Padawan Kenobi?" Qui-gon asked.

"I said that Rohnin's status as a non-Jedi shouldn't make a difference as to whether he gets punished or not."

"And why is that?" Master Jinn asked softly. Obi-wan looked momentarily puzzled, it was like his master had let go all his anger in a few seconds.

"Because, I don't know, because when it comes down to it he is basically the same as us. He uses his status thing as an excuse to get away with behaviour that he should be otherwise taking responsibility for." Obi-wan explained.

"I see."

"With all due respect Master, I don't think that you do. I'm sorry, I just can't explain what I feel whenever I see him messing around with Amy and...."

"And you miss Cali." Qui-gon cut Obi-wan off in mid-sentence, "I think padawan that I do see, now. You are still, however, confined to the couch." Master Jinn moved slowly to grab the holo remote before tossing it to Obi-wan. "Anything except smash-ball, padawan."

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hoory, a post, short but sweet! What? Now we have to wait two weeks to find out what Qui-Gon's going to do to Rohnin? NOOO! Can't you squeeze in a little something just before you leave?

11. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    LOL---anything but smashball.

12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Rohnin glanced outside at the rapidly filling dinning hall.

"Nervous?" a voice asked. Rohnin turned to see Amy grinning at him

"Less so now that you are here." Rohnin said grinning back he curled one hand around the side of her face and pulled her closer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have a special presentation for you tonight. Some of you may have heard him in one of the lounges earlier today. For those who did not, may I present my special guest Rohnin Darkil." The captain's announcement was greeted with a round of applause,

"You're on, lover-boy." Amy whispered. Rohnin sighed melodramatically and grinned at her.

Walking out onto the stage Rohnin glanced around nervously for Obi-wan and Qui-gon. He spotted them two rows form the front seated table next to the captain's table. Obi-wan looked irritated while Qui-gon merely nodded in his direction. Rohnin took that as a sign to begin.

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, as the honorable captain has already announced I will be singing a couple of songs for you tonight. I think the dear captain has over rated my little talent, however, I'll let you be the judge of that. I'll start with "everyday" by the greentimes."

Rohnin had sung three songs by the time he really warmed to his audience. Many people were tapping their fingers on the table and a couple were mouthing the words as he came to the close of the fifth song. Rohnin gave them a familiar grin as he finished and shook his head to calls of more.

"I think that I have broken enough glasses with my caterwauling tonight. I think that I will now leave you in the more then capable hands of the band." Rohnin grinned and stepped off the stage leaving the band strumming familiar tunes. The boy loped over to Qui-gon and Obi-wan and slid one hand onto the back of Amy's chair.

"You did very well." Qui-gon commented, "Singing in front of people is not something I could do."

"Not unless you're drunk master." Obi-wan muttered, Qui-gon glared at his padawan and then glanced about to see if any of the other adults had heard, they hadn't.

"Don't push your luck Kenobi." Qui-gon warned but it was a carefree threat, Rohnin sensed a relaxed mood between the two.

"What are you going to do master? Set Quijia on me?" Obi-wan teased.

"I will."

"Ha, I have proof!" Obi-wan said.

"Proof?" Amy said a sparkle in her eye, "Now this I have to see." Qui-gon just glared at them and then turned silently back to the other side of the table.

"What proof?" Rohnin asked seating himself. Obi-wan gave him a weird look, which Rohnin didn't understand.

"Lets just say that when Yoda and Yaddle threw their engagement party. The celebration just went a tad out of hand." Obi-wan said.

"You mean you had a temple full of rip-roaringly drunk Jedi?" Amy asked. Obi-wan nodded and smiled to himself at some memory.

"Anyway, Master Jinn was one of the more unfortunate victims."

"My drink was spiked padawan." Qui-gon said cutting into the conversation. Obi-wan rolled his eyes, Amy giggled and Rohnin felt a twinge of jealousy that Amy was giving her full attention to Obi-wan.

"Anyway, Master! You were three solar sails to the wind and one flapping when Rani and her camera came along." Obi-wan finished triumphantly. Qui-gon humphed and scraped his chair back to make a pretence of listening to a very boring woman next to him who was discussing in great details all the things that had happened to her dog.

"I'll show you later." Obi-wan mouthed. Amy giggled again and Qui-gon just turned the full force of his glaring abilities on his padawan.

"What about our terrible twins? " Rohnin asked desperate to change the subject.

"They were rushed to the hairdressers later that afternoon." Amy said quietly, "As you can see the only shade the hair dresser could turn their hair was brown.

"Maybe they will be smarter now their hair is brown." Rohnin said smiling.

"Hey, my hair used to be blonde!" Obi-wan said in his most offended voice.

"My point exactly."

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You tell him, Rohnin! Give it to him good!

14. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I agree with Obi-Wan. Not being a Jedi should have no bearing on Rohnin being punished.

Great post Kit!!

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I agree with HealerLeona on her agreeing with Obi-Wan!

If you do the crime you do the time! Not being a Jedi shouldn't make a difference.

Now please more Kit'!

Hope you had fun at your formal! :)

16. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Oh Man, I hope she comes back from Vacation soon! This was on Page 9!

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey guys!

Weel, I'm back and I will post sometime hopefully tomorrow, anyway thanks for 'upping' the thread!

What else oh, here are some Fitting In facts to keep you amused (or bored!)

This story is still not finshed (for me that is!)

It so far is composed of:

24,000 words
    Over 1,000 paragraphs
    and 90 pages!

Ha! So expect a lot more boredom for sometime yet!

18. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    YEAH! A Post-

Uh-

YEAH Facts on Fitting In!

Now for some story soon I hope!

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Here is the post you've all been waiting for!

Kithera

"Hey Obi-wan, what are the candy bits like?" Amy asked. Obi-wan grimaced before asking,

"Have you ever eaten an eraser?"

Rohnin scowled as Amy laughed. All night she had been paying most of her attention to Obi-wan instead of Rohnin and the poor boy was beginning to feel the side-effects.

"Hey, I am alive too!" Rohnin said from her elbow.

"I know, Rohnin." Amy sounded annoyed

"He's alive? Really? For the past couple of hours I've been thinking that I've been talking the living dead!" Obi-wan quipped reaching for the cream. The comment brought a peal of laughter from Amy and a deeper scowl from Rohnin. Amy turned to say something to him, but stopped at the look on his face.

"Would telling you that I love you make you feel better?" she asked. Rohnin brightened but the scowl remained firmly in place.

"Yes, if you meant it." Rohnin said although mentally he added, // Although, it wouldn't make me feel half as good as if you told Obi-wan to get lost.//

"I do." Amy amended. The band struck up a slow waltz and a few couples drifted onto the floor. Rohnin's scowl disappeared to be replaced by a slight smile.

"Would you care to dance?" he asked Amy.

"I would." Amy replied as she took Rohnin's proffered hand. The couple were half way to the dance floor by when the captain stopped them.

"I didn't get to congratulate you on your performance today." Captain O'Shay said, "If you come back this way then maybe I could get you to sing for us then as well."

"I would sir." Rohnin agreed.

"Then I wish you a good evening. I hope you both have a wonderful time." The captain finished and strode off.

"Where did you get that?" Amy asked as the Rohnin tucked one arm firmly around her waist. She pulled the chain from around Rohnin's neck until the flame jewel hung exposed.

"My friend Shiree gave it to me." Rohnin said

"Oh, I see. Shiree I take it is a girl."

"What of it?"

"Nothing."

"It wouldn't be nothing if you didn't look so upset." Rohnin said, "Shiree is my best friend, nothing less and certainly nothing more."

"Are you sure."

"Would I lie?" Rohnin asked her. Amy looked at him wordlessly and changed the subject.

"Do you like Obi-wan?" she asked.

"Why?"

"Because you two are always fighting."

"We don't fight."

"No? Then what was all that before? You tease each other all the time."

"I just find him annoying that is all."

"I suppose he finds you annoying too."

Rohnin grinned, "He wouldn't be the first."

"Nor the last either."

"Hey!"

"Well Master Jinn, I suppose that this is it. Call me if you need any assistance and I'd be glad help you. Rohnin, I think that your singing will let you go far and Obi-wan, being a Jedi you will do great things during your life." Captain O'shay said as Rohnin, Qui-gon and Obi-wan went to enter the shuttle that would take them down to Ezama.

"Goodbye Obi-wan Kenobi, Goodbye Rohnin Darkil." The twins chimed.

"Goodbye Catalyn and Tirria." Obi-wan said.

"Gee, you both look nice as brunettes but have you ever thought of going a bit wild and dying it a totally different colour. I don't know, I think blue would look nice." Rohnin said leaning towards them. The two girls shot him venomous looks, before turning to Amy.

"Goodbye Amy." B2 said before adding, "I pity you, having to spend all your time with that weirdo must be a bit of a drag."
    Amy shrugged and took Rohnin's arm before leading him away.

"If you are a drag I'd had to see those two classified." Amy whispered. Her father glared at her,

"Amy what did I tell you about keeping those friends in high places?" her father asked, "One day they will come in useful let me assure you."
    Rohnin found himself seated next to Qui-gon. The Jedi nodded to him and then sighed deeply.

"Rohnin, I have already talked to Obi-wan about this and now I would like your opinion about what happened with the captain's daughters." Qui-gon said

"Nothing, it was just a practical joke." R

20. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    All right, now we're getting somewhere! Great post, Kit'! The situation sounds challenging, and I see the word TORTURE in big letters here somewhere. I hope that means Obi-Wan, and that Rohnin gets to rescue him! Talk about adding insult to injury! I also like the part where Rohnin wonders if you grow eyes in the back of your head automatically when you become a Jedi Master, or whether they give them to you! Now come on, give us some more!

21. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    The word torture screams at me from afar. MORE SOON I hope?

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Hey Kit', I just wanted to de-lurk and let you know how much I like this story. Keep up the great work!

*hey, that rhymes* :)

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    OH Gryph!

Your signature made me laugh so hard. You see I know a boy named Cookie (it's his nickname!) and some girls would say he was/is the root of all evil!

Sorry, personal joke......here is more!

"Way, Way, way for the Jedi from Corosant, way for the family of Shrop-ten. Honored guests of the rulers Freddror, may they live for ever. Way, Way, Way." a servant cried as the group moved ahead through the busy streets. Rohnin glanced discreetly about him. One of the Jedi tricks he had been taught when he was very young went along the lines of "see without being seen" or "observe without sight." Basically it meant that you should be aware of your surroundings without being seen by the people that you were observing.

Already Rohnin had come to the conclusion that the society had strict social guidelines. There was a level pavement for the Quem while the Guem walked together in the streets which were filled with rubbish frequently tossed by the Quem's servants onto the unfortunate people below. Where the Jedi walked both Quem and Guem hurriedly backed out of the way, bowing and whimpering. Rohnin felt inwardly appalled as he noticed that the Guem also did this for the Quem often with the Quem kicking or whipping the unfortunates out of the way. Rohnin noticed that Mr. Shrop-ten had brought out a data pad and was busily tapping away storing notes for his later reports. The Jedi both said and did nothing keeping their eyes level and the faces' neutral. Almost neutral, an occasional flicker of disgust and anger would flicker across Obi-wan's face, while Qui-gon's face remained calm and composed. Rohnin felt a tug on his hand and glanced across at Amy, the girl's face showed contempt.

"This is appalling." she whispered, "I thought that they would at least show us a semblance of order and democracy." Rohnin nodded without saying anything. Amy went to open her mouth again but he squeezed on her hand for silence, her eyes went wide and she withdrew her hand quickly and marched ahead of him. Rohnin bit back a sigh, she didn't understand that they had to be silent to hear as well as see. Already he had discerned that the market prices were higher for the Guem then they were for the Quem although the Quem were given better goods and that the punishment for those captured trying leave their 'district' was death. Although Rohnin had no idea what a disctrict was or where it stopped. He glanced ahead at Amy who was marching to match Qui-gon's long stride, the Jedi's head was bent as if listening to her. They came to a short hill that slopped up to a beautiful white marble palace.

The offical that had met them pressed his hand to a plate in the post and the two gates swung silently open. As they reached the first step the guards peeled off and the door was opened by two impressively dressed footmen. Inside the door stood a ricly dressed lady clinging onto the arm of what appeared to be her husband.

"Welcome!" The lady shrilled coming towards them in a fluttering of richly gilded skirts, "You must be the Jedi, oh what a pleasure that it is to meet you. My name is Governess Varkia and this is my husband Treboin Freddror. Oh and you must be Mr. Shrop-ten and I assume that this is your daugher."

"Yes, this is Amy." Mr. Shrop-ten replied laying a hand on his daughters shoulder,

"We are delighted to meet you." Amy said woodenly.

"As I am you, oh and isn't she a delight to the eye." Varkia gushed. Amy almost flinched as the lady stepped forward to appraise her.

"My lady, you are forgetting yourself." Treboin said, his voice was a rich mellow tone.

"Oh so I am, please do come in and have some tea." Varkia said piercingly. The three Jedi bowed in thanks and followed the rulers of Ezama down the hall their brown robes russelling on the floor. Amy followed with her father, Rohnin dropped back a step to talk to her.

"Amy?" Rohnin asked quietly.

"What?" Amy asked sharply, her father glared at her and sighed, "yes Rohnin?" she asked again, ice still in her voice.

"I am?you see about before. W

24. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, Amy, do you have to rub it in? Poor Rohnin, no one ever lets him forget that he's not a Jedi. Oh, dear! (I can just see Obi-Wan smirking already!) Great post, Kit', especially the examples of this apartheid society. Boy, I hope the Jedi can do something to help. Hey, maybe the Guem will kidnap Obi-Wan and hold him hostage for better living conditions!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Yeah! What Jane Jinn said!

Excellent Kit' excellent! Eagerly awaiting more! With or without Obi-torture. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.