main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Five Deaths to Die (JA adventure, new story by Cassia)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Mar 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Another wonderful story by Cassia which I had to share!!!! ENJOY!

And message by the author
    WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!!!!!
    ANGST ALERT! This story is a MAJOR tear-jerker. At least, I think so. I wrote parts of it with tears streaming down my face if that's any indication... (pathetic, yes, I know) It involves character torture and death (no, I'm not going to tell you
    if they STAY dead, you'll have to read and find out for yourself) but if this would in anyway upset, depress or generally bum you out, stop now. Otherwise...

-Five Deaths to Die-

The street was alive with the bustle of people as Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi crossed the busy intersection on the designated crosswalk, headed for the Malti-Venba Embassy. Separated slightly by the press of the crowd, Qui-Gon reached the other side first and turned to wait for his Padawan, who was only about halfway across, to catch up.

Suddenly, the desperate shriek of a warning horn split the air and Qui-Gon watched his life fall apart before his eyes.

The pedestrians scattered in terror from the street as a huge, out-of-control public transport barreled down the middle of the road, headed right for the intersection. Both Jedi were taken completely by surprise. They had felt no warning, no indication of what was coming. A sudden dread washed over Qui-Gon, but it all unfolded too fast for him to move, think, or even breathe.

Obi-Wan shoved the lady next to him, throwing her clear, and then intended to jump out of the way himself, but something went wrong. Terribly wrong.

It was barely a second from the time the wailing blast sounded to the instant it was upon the crosswalk, but it should have been enough time for a Jedi, it should have, if
    everything were right, but all was not right. For a split instant Qui-Gon saw a look of confusion and alarm spread across his apprentice's face as something actually froze Obi-Wan in place, delaying him from action for that critical split-instant until it was too late.

The Transport streaked through the intersection, plowing through everything in its path, including Obi-Wan, before smashing into the side of a building on the other side of the street.

"Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon cried out in horror, his legs in motion before the Transport had even finished its disastrous course across the intersection.

The impact had knocked the eighteen-year-old Jedi halfway across the street.

Qui-Gon knelt beside his Padawan. "Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan!" he said in soft alarm. For a moment he hesitated to touch the boy, not wanting to do more damage by moving the apprentice before he was stabilized. But when Obi-Wan murmured Qui-Gon's name, reaching out weakly towards him, Qui-Gon threw caution to the wind and pulled the injured Padawan into his lap, holding Obi-Wan gently in his arms. The readings Qui-Gon was getting through the Force about
    Obi-Wan's injuries filled the Master's heart with dread as he cradled the young man close.

Obi-Wan gazed up at Qui-Gon with shocked, pain-filled eyes. "Master," he whispered softly, his crushed chest impeding his ability to speak. "I don't understand... I-I
    couldn't move..."

"Shh, shh," Qui-Gon stroked Obi-Wan's hair gently, cupping the apprentice's head in his hand. "It'll be okay, the medi-teams are on their way," he tried to sooth, pouring strength into his Padawan's failing body. But Obi-Wan's body was like a sieve, and his life was draining away too fast to stop.

"I'm going to die, aren't I Master?" Obi-Wan whispered softly as the realization of his own injuries pressed in upon him.

"No!" Qui-Gon shook his head, tears in his eyes because he could not believe his own words. "No, Obi-Wan! You're going to be all right, it's going to be all right!"

Obi-Wan smiled faintly and shook his head as much as his injuries allowed. "You've never lied to me before Master," he gasped as his lungs shut down. "Don't start now."

"Your focus determines your reality Padawan," Qui-Gon said, his voice thick. "You cannot die, you cannot!"

"There is no death," Obi-Wan said faintly, his eyes beginn

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Thanks for the angst alert, such a clever come on. Of course it won't shy anyone away. I know we're all here for the emotional rollercoaster.
    Great start!

3. TheLastApocalypse

TheLastApocalypse Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 1999
    You had better post more! Nobody kills Kenobi without me knowing why!

J/K, but do post!

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh man NOW THIS ONE. Ohhh this is one is soo sad too. Ten times worse then Lost light.
    SOooo sad. YALL GET YOUR TISSUES NOW.

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    And we have to go through this at least four more times?!? Hurry up and post more.

6. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Oh yes, I distinctly remember this story too!
    It's a REALLY good one.
    There were piles of tissues around me when I read this one.
    Enjoy all!

7. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    *YOU WANTED MORE WELL HERE IT US *

The medi-teams gently tried to take Obi-Wan's body, but Qui-Gon would not let go, so they moved on to help the other victims who could still be saved.

Qui-Gon was reeling in shock. This was all wrong! All wrong! It should not have happened, he felt sure of that. It was not just his need to deny the reality of the tragedy that had just taken place that made him feel so either. Something deep inside was telling Qui-Gon that this was all terribly wrong. It was not supposed to happen. After all the dangers they had faced together, all the life-threatening situations they had survived, to lose the boy this way, so pointlessly, was devastating.

"Sir, we can't leave him here in the street, I'm sorry sir, I'm very sorry," the young paramedic was saying to Qui-Gon, once more trying to get him to relinquish Obi- Wan's body.

Numbly, Qui-Gon let go, let them take the shell that had been his Padawan only a few short minutes ago. He rose to his feet, amazed that he remembered how to do so.

Qui-Gon stood still in the middle of the street, life rushed by about him, but he seemed to have lost his grip on the flow of it all and it passed him by too fast to comprehend. He felt numb with grief and was not sure what he was doing or where he was going.

"You seem lost Master Jinn," a deep voice made him turn. It spoke softly, but there was no compassion in its tone. "Could it be that you now see how painful it is to lose someone you care for?"

Qui-Gon found himself facing the shadowy figure of a tall man in a dark, hooded cape. At least, it was shaped like a man, but he could not see the fellow's face under the hood. The presence seemed vaguely familiar to Qui-Gon, but he did not know why, and was in no mood to ponder riddles.

"What are you talking about? Who are you?" Qui-Gon asked, somewhat sharply. "How do you know who I am?"

"We've never met before," the being said. "But I've watched you for many years Qui-Gon Jinn. It should not be so hard to figure out, I am a Dacca, and how many Dacca's have you ever encountered? Come now, don't tell me you've forgotten Aminorthini? It's unseemly to kill someone and then forget all about it," bitter hatred seeped into the being's tone.

*Dacca, Aminorthini...* Qui-Gon's brow furrowed deeply. That was so long ago it took him a few moments to remember. Then it came back to him. Aminorthini, a green little planet in the Rim Territories. He had not been there in over thirty years, but he remembered what had happened there well enough. He had lost his best friend on Aminorthini.

"Yes, you see? You do remember," the being said with cold satisfaction. "My name is Rylos, offspring of Benthon, whom you murdered Jedi."

Rylos' voice brought the memories rushing back to Qui- Gon. Benthon and apparently Rylos as well, were of a rare, but extremely powerful race called the Dacca. They had abilities and powers beyond what even the Jedi had ever seen. Dacca had no male or female, but when they were ready, they bore a single offspring. Knowing their great power was above that of most mortals; they had strict rules about interference with other sentient life and for this reason were rarely, if ever, seen. Benthon was a renegade who did not agree with the Dacca rules. He saw no reason why he could not use his great power for his own gain. He was the only Dacca Qui-Gon had ever encountered, and the memory was entirely evil.

Aminorthini was Qui-Gon's very first mission after he became a Knight, which is why he had been paired with Muuli, who was also a new Knight. They had been best of friends during their Temple, and Padawan days and both thought it wonderful that they should share their first mission together. It would also be Muuli's last.

No one had known that an evil Dacca was causing the problems on Aminorthini, and by the time the Jedi found out, it was too late. There was a confrontation and Muuli was killed. Qui-Gon had faced the greatest challenge of his life that day in overcoming the deep desire for revenge that burned inside him because of his friend's death.

8. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    *YOU WANTED MORE WELL HERE IT US *

The medi-teams gently tried to take Obi-Wan's body, but Qui-Gon would not let go, so they moved on to help the other victims who could still be saved.

Qui-Gon was reeling in shock. This was all wrong! All wrong! It should not have happened, he felt sure of that. It was not just his need to deny the reality of the tragedy that had just taken place that made him feel so either. Something deep inside was telling Qui-Gon that this was all terribly wrong. It was not supposed to happen. After all the dangers they had faced together, all the life-threatening situations they had survived, to lose the boy this way, so pointlessly, was devastating.

"Sir, we can't leave him here in the street, I'm sorry sir, I'm very sorry," the young paramedic was saying to Qui-Gon, once more trying to get him to relinquish Obi- Wan's body.

Numbly, Qui-Gon let go, let them take the shell that had been his Padawan only a few short minutes ago. He rose to his feet, amazed that he remembered how to do so.

Qui-Gon stood still in the middle of the street, life rushed by about him, but he seemed to have lost his grip on the flow of it all and it passed him by too fast to comprehend. He felt numb with grief and was not sure what he was doing or where he was going.

"You seem lost Master Jinn," a deep voice made him turn. It spoke softly, but there was no compassion in its tone. "Could it be that you now see how painful it is to lose someone you care for?"

Qui-Gon found himself facing the shadowy figure of a tall man in a dark, hooded cape. At least, it was shaped like a man, but he could not see the fellow's face under the hood. The presence seemed vaguely familiar to Qui-Gon, but he did not know why, and was in no mood to ponder riddles.

"What are you talking about? Who are you?" Qui-Gon asked, somewhat sharply. "How do you know who I am?"

"We've never met before," the being said. "But I've watched you for many years Qui-Gon Jinn. It should not be so hard to figure out, I am a Dacca, and how many Dacca's have you ever encountered? Come now, don't tell me you've forgotten Aminorthini? It's unseemly to kill someone and then forget all about it," bitter hatred seeped into the being's tone.

*Dacca, Aminorthini...* Qui-Gon's brow furrowed deeply. That was so long ago it took him a few moments to remember. Then it came back to him. Aminorthini, a green little planet in the Rim Territories. He had not been there in over thirty years, but he remembered what had happened there well enough. He had lost his best friend on Aminorthini.

"Yes, you see? You do remember," the being said with cold satisfaction. "My name is Rylos, offspring of Benthon, whom you murdered Jedi."

Rylos' voice brought the memories rushing back to Qui- Gon. Benthon and apparently Rylos as well, were of a rare, but extremely powerful race called the Dacca. They had abilities and powers beyond what even the Jedi had ever seen. Dacca had no male or female, but when they were ready, they bore a single offspring. Knowing their great power was above that of most mortals; they had strict rules about interference with other sentient life and for this reason were rarely, if ever, seen. Benthon was a renegade who did not agree with the Dacca rules. He saw no reason why he could not use his great power for his own gain. He was the only Dacca Qui-Gon had ever encountered, and the memory was entirely evil.

Aminorthini was Qui-Gon's very first mission after he became a Knight, which is why he had been paired with Muuli, who was also a new Knight. They had been best of friends during their Temple, and Padawan days and both thought it wonderful that they should share their first mission together. It would also be Muuli's last.

No one had known that an evil Dacca was causing the problems on Aminorthini, and by the time the Jedi found out, it was too late. There was a confrontation and Muuli was killed. Qui-Gon had faced the greatest challenge of his life that day in overcoming the deep desire for revenge that burned inside him because of his friend's death.

9. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    GIVE ME MORE I SAY!!!

*in a timid voice* Please...?

10. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    *I THOUGHT I MIGHT AS WELL POST ANOTHER PART BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP ENJOY!!*

DAY TWO

Qui-Gon sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. Next to him, in the bed against the far wall, he felt Obi-Wan's sleeping presence. Sliding quickly out of bed Qui-Gon crossed the room, laying his hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder to assure himself that the young Jedi was really there. Last night, when he had finally drifted into a troubled, fitful sleep, Obi-Wan had been dead, but this morning, here he was, sleeping soundly.

Qui-Gon realized that, true to his word, Rylos was giving him the day to do all over again. Qui-Gon's hand tightened on Obi-Wan's shoulder. He would not let his apprentice fall prey to the Dacca's twisted sense of justice again.

The motion woke Obi-Wan up. The teenager rolled over, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with a yawn. "Master?" he asked, slightly blearily. Obi-Wan was not a morning person, well, not if he didn't have to be anyway. "Time to get up already?"

Qui-Gon nodded, his heart tightening at the familiar sound of his apprentice's voice, one which he had thought lost to him forever. "Yes, Obi-Wan. Get dressed. I am calling a service-driver to take us to the Embassy."

"I thought we were going to walk," Obi-Wan said, rolling out of bed and stumbling over to the 'fresher.

"I've decided we'll take a cab," Qui-Gon said quietly.

"You'll hear no complaints from me," Obi-Wan flashed Qui-Gon a bright-eyed I'm-still-waking-up smile before disappearing into the bathroom.

The cab ride was uneventful, except that Qui-Gon insisted, much to Obi-Wan's puzzlement, that they take a roundabout route to get to the Embassy, avoiding the main street.

"Master?" Obi-Wan asked as he held the door for Qui- Gon to get out. "Forgive me, but you seem disturbed, or distracted, is anything wrong?"

"We must be attentive Padawan. We must be careful," was all Qui-Gon said. They had avoided the situation of yesterday, but Qui-Gon was wary. It had been too easy and Qui-Gon doubted that Rylos intended to let him off so simply.

"Yes, Master, of course," Obi-Wan nodded. He was still puzzled, but he attributed Qui-Gon's concern to the volatile situation they were walking into here at the Embassy, as well as to the fact that they had had to relinquish their lightsabers because no weapons were allowed within two miles of the Embassy, especially not today.

Today, the Malti-Venba Government was holding a huge commencement to officiate the new order that had been created on the planet. The new order rose up from a stained history of brutal warfare and genocide, promising freedom from the brutalities of the past. However, it did not rise unopposed. Since it's formation six months ago, the leaders had been assailed with threats from dissenters who did not want to see democracy come to Malti-Venba. The situation had grown so serious, that they had finally called on the Jedi to oversee their commencement celebration. If ever there was going to be a terrorist strike, it would be now.

Qui-Gon knew it was both dangerous and yet vital that with such a threat, no one carry weapons of any sort into the Embassy today. He had tried to see if he could have their lightsabers excepted, but was refused because the new leaders said that they must not show special treatment to anyone, they had just fought a war against an old régime who had done so unjustly and the wounds were too fresh.

As concerned as Qui-Gon was about keeping Obi-Wan safe, he could not neglect their duties. They must go to the Embassy today, and they must go unarmed.

Side by side, the two Jedi headed up the steps of the huge Embassy building. Nearby, the Governor's personal hover-car pulled up and the soon-to-be-appointed head of state got out.

Above them, on the roof, two Venbian dissenters lay flat on their stomachs, long-range blaster rifles pointed down at the stairs below. One of them set their sights on the Governor.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan both felt the prick of warning an instant before the shot was fired. Grabbing the Governor, Qui-Gon pulled him down, making the shot miss its mark. The

11. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Wow.
    I'm not sure that I can take this another three times. Such powerful emotions.
    Again, wow.

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Cassia...words fail me. Such emotions! Such an imagination! Such details!

Superior writing!

13. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    I'm not gonna let this one drop to the next page!

Not to pressure ya, but

*snaps her fingers and a megaphone apears in her hands*

THIS STORY ROCKS AND I WANT MORE!

*snaps her fingers again and the megaphone dissapears*

14. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    You can tell I'm hooked, can't you?

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh dear. It's just as bad as I thought it would be . . . But, of course, I'm not leaving either.

16. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    I am sorry to say due to problems on my computer I might not be able to post tonight. I will try to get to a friends computer, but because I have to try and edit a unformatted peice(I have the formatted copy on my PC which is unavailiable) I will take longer and post less But I hope this problem will be over soon. But then again I might just be able to pull it off(I just have to sleep less), so cross your fingers and I will get to work!!

Kim B

17. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    Good news! I just called a friend of mine and she told me she could bring her lap top(note book) over for me to use. I told her a lie that I need to complete an assignment(well kind of a lie.... I am suppose to print my assignment and need a pc to hook up to printer although this can be done in Uni tomorrow morning). So if I get to work as soon as she arrives you could see it within two hours. But just incase keep those fingers crossed.

*I know many find these post boring but I just thought I ought to let you know*

Kim B

18. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Updates are never boring. They provide hope that the new posts are indeed coming.

This story is superb, as usual. Hats off to Cassia again!

19. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999

Qui-Gon awoke with a start, still seated in the chair he had sat down in last night before he apparently fell asleep. He had meant to wait up, he wanted to see what
    exactly happened when the clock struck midnight and the day started over again, but he had not been able to stay up, whether because of his emotionally drained state, or
    because Rylos would not let him, he did not know.

Obi-Wan was shaking Qui-Gon gently by the shoulder. "Master, didn't you go to bed last night?" the apprentice shook his head in concerned reprove. "We're going to be late."

"We are not going to the Embassy today, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said calmly, rising out of the chair and stretching to relieve the stiffness that sitting there all night had caused.

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon in surprise. "But, Master, isn't today the Commencement?" he asked, confused.

"Yes," Qui-Gon answered simply, heading over to the fresher.

"Isn't that what we came here for?" Obi-Wan was puzzled to no end. Qui-Gon was acting very strange.

"I have my reasons Padawan," Qui-Gon said softly, looking at the boy with an intenseness and determination in his eyes that Obi-Wan could not comprehend. "Question me no more."

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan said obediently, but he did not understand.

Qui-Gon did not know if what he did was right, but he would do almost anything to keep the sad scene of the last two days from repeating itself again, to break this vicious
    circle. If they did not go to the Embassy, if they did not ever venture outside this room the whole day, then nothing could happen to Obi-Wan, or at least, that's what Qui-Gon reasoned.

Of course, once the cycle was broken, time, reality and consequences would kick back into effect. Neglecting his duty would be a very serious charge to answer to, but Qui-Gon was willing to risk it. He was willing to risk anything for Obi-Wan.

Unbeknownst to the two men, the Venbian Terrorists were not at all pleased with the Jedi presence here on Malti-Venba. They knew the duo was here to support the new order.

"Wouldn't it be a good blow to this "New Democracy" if it's Jedi puppet's strings were cut?" they asked themselves. The answer appeared to be yes.

The first, and last warning the Jedi had was the huge explosion that blew all the windows out as the terrorist bomb ripped the boarding house apart. The horrendous blast shook the earth, decimating the entire left side of the hotel.

The Jedi's room had been on the sixth floor, but when Qui-Gon opened his eyes, he found that he was on ground level now, surrounded by, and partially buried under, jagged shards and huge chunks of debris that had once been part of the ruined structure. Breathing hurt incredibly and his eyes refused to focus. He had a severe concussion at the very least.

For a moment, he was too stunned and shocked to put together any kind of coherent thought. Then there was only one that blazed through his head. *Obi-Wan!*

Qui-Gon tried to move, but the ground shook
    unsteadily, and the weight of the world seemed to press down on him, crushing him against the rubble he lay on. He realized the shifting was all in his own head, as was most of the crushing pressure he felt.

Emergency workers were already on the scene. One bent over Qui-Gon. The Jedi could see the woman's lips moving, but could hear no sound. The explosion had shattered his eardrums.

He must have looked dazed, because the woman and her droid companion started administering hasty first aid.

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon forced his sluggish lips to form the word. "Obi-Wan," he rasped, wondering if he were really speaking at all. It felt like he was, but he could not hear even his own voice, and the pain confused him. He searched for his Padawan, reaching out past the confines of his battered body. His sweep revealed that Obi-Wan was quite close by, and he was not going to make it. Qui-Gon was not surprised. Deeply disturbed at his repeated failure, but no longer surprised.

The Medic and the droid tried to quiet him, but Qui-Gon would not be stilled. Rolling over, he crawled across the rubble towards where he felt O

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh this story is so sad! Yet so good! Only two more chances! Aaaahhhhh!

21. TheLastApocalypse

Dec 3, 1999
    Oooh! Ooooh!

(Thank goodness East didn't get to this one! I woulda been really pissed!)

22. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Lets see: Obi-Wan's been run over by a truck, (sort of), shot by snipers, and blown up. How nasty. Well, two days to go.

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Chilling, very chilling!

24. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    YEAH! THIS IS GREAT!

I don't think I could handle the other two deaths but keep going!
    :p

25. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh dear. Smashed, shot, crushed, what next? The evil 'Groundhog Day' JA episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.