main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Five things you need to know about the Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Grieyls, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Ok, take it with a bit of salt, but I found it interesting ;)

Click Here

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I think my brain just exploded. :eek:

But then, it does that often so pay no mind to that. [face_thinking]

Before I get my hopes up, are they really making a Transformers movie? [face_worried]

3. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Indeed thay are, I'm surprised you don't know? Release is mid 2007

4. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I don't know a lot of things [face_worried]

I actually wonder where people get their information from, because I don't seem to be in the same stream.... [face_thinking]

5. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    You need to visit a comic store, if any where geeks who work there would know. I should know I was one :D :p

6. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Head desk.:_| Was this in any way shape or form called for?

7. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    No, but then again is anything?

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Tibetian Monks.

They know everything. And love Transformers, oddly...

Some of this info is either wrong or out of date. A little concerned about the writer too. Still, it's Transformers. I'll be there.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    *Shrug* 22 days till the teaser trailer. I won't make any judgement till then. Even then, I'll only make a small judgement. I'm so hopeful about this movie. As long as it has both A) that sense of childhood wonder and fun, and B) cars that turn into giant robots who beat the living **** out of each other, I'll be happy. I still have the massive milk crate full of Transformers that I played with as a kid somewhere around here. I never watched a huge amount of the cartoon, but my GOD did I love the toys. If they get this movie wrong, I'll hate them, but if they get it right, I'll love 'em.

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    So say we all..!

I recall we didn't have too many of the toys - We did have Jazz, and a few others that the boys played with...

But transformers was one of THE shows we watched as kids :eek: (Along side TranZor Z, Voltron, Thundercats, Silverhawks and all the rest...) I was so irked when I saw that shiny new 'anime' version of Transformers - it just didn't feel like the same cartoon ~sniffle~ I have distinct memories of when they went back to their home planet to stop the decepticons getting all these pink energy block thingies... And very fuzzy other memories of other episodes... I so almost bought that decepticons t-shirt at supanova... but then I decided I'd prefer the autobots one which they had run out of smalls for (like all the other good t-shirts..!)

11. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm a bit worried about the product placement, apparantly a lot of well known consumer products will have "cameos" as mini transformers including an ipod and an Xbox 360.

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    You KNow Luigi. I'm almost sure you're joking.

But I don't know you well enough to REALLY know.

..surely that can't be true.

Is it???? [face_worried]

13. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I was so irked when I saw that shiny new 'anime' version of Transformers - it just didn't feel like the same cartoon ~sniffle~

If you think that was bad, you should see the new Inspector Gadget series. Man, a little part of me died when I saw that. Ye gods. Its ONLY saving grace is that I swear the guy who does Dr Claw's voice is the same one from the original. That made me feel a little better. But when he didn't end the episode by saying "I'll get you, Gadget! NEXT TIIIIME!" I gave it up for lost. Tragic.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I believe I am glad to not have seen the new inspector gadget... Actually, I take that back I think I did see an episode of it once... But nevertheless, if Claw isn't pronouncing his trademark phrase at the end of an episode, it's just a poor rendition of what it could have been. [face_plain]

Why must the beloved cartoons of our youth be treated like elderly folk in a retirement home... Shadows of their former selves [face_worried]

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/NeecH/Transformers.jpg]

... btw, the info in that first article is out of date. Alot of things (characters and the vehicles/items that represent them) have changed - atleast according to the latest script.

And kahlan, luigi wasn't joking about the iPod and X360 Transformers appearing in the movie. Whether they'll show up in the final version is another thing though.

16. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Yeah I thought it might be out of date but then I was just looking for an excuse to post some news ;) :p

17. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    [image=http://www.mobilemag.com/content/images/8127_super.jpg]

Apparently, the one on the right is Bumblebee (I heard Volkswagon wouldn't give them the right to use a Beetle so he's now a Camaro).

18. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well, can't have everything I suppose, still he is looking sleeker ;)

19. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Talk about this his been around for years; good to see it looks like it's finally going to happen!
    Not that I'm a Transformers geek, yeah they were cool, but only owned two. I'm just looking forward to seeing real-life vehicles turning into real-life robots, in a real environment. Think the Citreon ad, minus Justin Timberlake...
    (Actually, if they could blow up a Justin Timberlake robot...)

20. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    1. i won't be going
    2. i won't be going
    3. i won't be going
    4. i won't be going
    5. the best transformers sight gag is in clerks: animated series.

21. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    The only thing I really needed to know about a Transformers movie is that I have no interest in it what so ever.

22. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    /me is interested.

So Prowl is a Corvette Cop car, and Bumblebee a Camaro?
    I'm liking this already! Although I really don't like that Soundwave might be a helicopter.

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Actaully according to Wikipedia Soundwave is a four foot high Boombox. ;)

24. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That's right. But the article you linked earlier said he'd be changed to a helicopter, as a "Boom Box" isn't a popular culture item any more.

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Which begs the question which one do you believe to be more reliable? I'd go for Wikipedia Mostly due to the fact that it would be more likely to be the most current info availible. Of course if anybody can find anything else that says different then... Well...

EDIT: Besides according to Wikipedia Vortex (another Decepticon), changes into a helicopter. Thus I can't see there being two characters changing into the same thing? Of course that is pure speculation on my part ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.