main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Five things you need to know about the Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Grieyls, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Lyndsey Nagle: Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
    Professor Frink: (With sarcasm detector) Are you kidding? This baby is off he charts mm-hai.
    Comic Book Guy: A sarcasm detector, that's a real useful invention.
    (Sarcasm detector explodes)

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Do you even, like, KNOW what Transformers is?!! It's like the Star Wars of cartoon series... well, it would be if there wasn't already Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars and that funky little segment in The Holiday Special!!! [face_not_talking]

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    THIS POSTER I linked to recently is now popping up in bus shelters around Brisbane.

[face_hypnotized]

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Indeed it is. Saw one on my way to work this morning, I did, yes.

5. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Funnily enough, that's the same one I saw on the way to the Dr Who/DVD thingamijig at Kahlan's.

Oh, and it's 16 days until the movie comes out.

6. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Thought I'd photoshop the UK poster, update the release dates:
    [image=http://www.jagerclan.com/glubbo/uk%20poster%20release%20dates.jpg]

[face_dancing]

7. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
  8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Goob's guess at the subtitle for this image:
    "Mister President, I believe these are yours."

9. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    That's a nice pic. And it seems they really have stuck to that script that got leaked on the internet if the glasses are still in it.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

10. BarWars

BarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    1 thing you need to know about transformers: it's showing in gold class.

Well, the one thing I need to know. Makes my brother's birthday present a little more glam

11. BarWars

BarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    ... i did it again, didn't it.

CarWars will be so happy with his gold class movie tix

12. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Haven't read the leaked script.
    True, I've been spoiled a lot by pics, but stitching it all together I'm not even trying to do.

2 weeks and counting.

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Is so excited :D

14. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Saw the trailer again today...before SHREK.

Now what rating is this film because it's not a trailer I really wanted the kid to see. That said, he was YELLING, and I mean yelling "THAT'S BUMBLEBEE". So at some point I need an edited version of this film with just the cool non exploding people scenes for him or he'll despise me forever. I do fear he may wake up tonight with scary robot dreams, but he knows Optimus will save him.

Still really didn't think it was suitable for a G audience. Side note, I actually thought it was cool watching it through younger eyes, and I'm actually posting in the thread. :)

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    They might be trying to push for a PG rating, but given what we've seen in the trailers, I think this thing is being firmly aimed at adults who grew up with Transformers, not the kids who are getting into them now. So PG-13 (aka M for us antipodeans) seems very likely.

16. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah I figured it was going to be M. Might chat to the movies about showing that trialer during a kids movie preview block. Munchkin actually did jump back in his seat twice. Of course he did that during Shrek also LOL

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm assuming that the trailer has been rated for general exhibition. A quick web search showed that the film itself hasn't received an Australian rating yet. My money's pretty firmly on M, though.

18. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
  19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Dang nabit this movie can't get here soon enough for me :D

20. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Okay, only 9 days to go.

The CG we've seen so far looks awesome. Some of my initial concerns I will still have to address. I get that they went for a more 'pysically realistic' approach in terms of no mass shifting, nothing appearing out of thin air...yet I hope that they have written the thing well. With new Transformers such as Barricade and Blackout, creating a new character wouldn't be too hard. I do hope that the established ones (All the Autobots, half the Decepticons) have a close character similarity to their earlier incarnations (and I don't just mean G1, despite that being my favourite of the various shows).

I guess I am one of those people searching for familiarity in this new version to what I remember fondly. I know now how the Lord of the Rings fans felt, some keen, many angry that 'their' fandom will be done in a differing way than what they have come to love. And it's very likely that, like LotR, people will say it's visually stunning, there was plenty of homage and it had enough to bring that feeling you previously had for it, back.

Spielberg and ILM's involvement has already shown that it's going to look good. Jury's out on Bay. Guess I'll be enjoying the advertising.

21. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    You know, I was trudging through bitter cold and icey winds (read: balmy sunny day with icey winds) to my local vendor of provisions (read: Coles) and spied a Transformers poster en route, tacked to a lonely wall (read: bus shelter).

It was then that I realised I'm actually really excited about seeing this movie. :D

22. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Speculation time:

I think there is either some flashbacks, or the story takes a little bit to get to the present. We know that, regarding Megatron, he's a prisoner at Sector Seven, and was found in a Glacier many many years ago. With Bumblebee, we see him in the present as firstly a 70's Camaro, then later an '08 Camaro. Plus, have a look at this OLD pic, and notice the vehicle at the front. I'm guessing that both Cop Cars are Barricade, meaning it is possible that Barricade and Bumblebee had a fight or a chase during the 70s.

23. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    More of a hope than a speculation;

I hope they show Cybertron at some point during the movie (I can imagine this happening at the beginning) and maybe some of the conflict that leads to the Allspark being sent to Earth (pretty much like what is shown in the opening movie of the video game but with better graphics :p ).

24. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    My mrs won 8 free tickets to the advanced screening tomorrow night.
    Was actually thinking some months ago that this could be a disaster still...
    Now thinking it might actually be good...

Beats paying to see it though... :D

25. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I read 2 reviews this morning that both said basically the same thing: "You won't believe this, but Transformers actually rocks. Sorry, Michael Bay, for giving you crap all this time. You're alright, dude."

I paraphrase, of course, but you get my gist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.