main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Five things you need to know about the Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Grieyls, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    As you can see, Energon is still pink.

Damned Shortpacked!, all I can think when I see those posters now is "They ARE gonna make out?!?"

And I thought KISS Transformers was bad enough...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Heh heh - Voltron ftw.

3. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Okay - new stuff - I'm getting more impressed.
    http://www.sectorseven.org/ is an official unofficial site. Use the password fwiffo to get yourself in, and allow popups for the site. If you DOUBLE CLICK the Hard Drive at the top left, you'll see a TV ad. Included are: Bumblebee Transforming, Starscream Transforming, previously seen Scorpinok, more of Bonecrusher attacking the freeway, amongst other things (including a very cute Gen1 homage!).

Also, IGN have 2 small new trailers up, click here. "Hidden" includes a bit of Prime transforming, Frenzy (a very very small (human sized :eek:) transformer), Ironhide doing some commando moves, Megatron towering, Barricade and Starscream chasing 'a human'). "Destiny" is the trailer on Sector 7 I described above.

4. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Now... officially... I don't care what anyone else says - that looks awesome!

Starscream flying up under the bridge and then transforming was one of the best things I've ever seen!

5. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Must supress enthusiasm lest I be dissapointed... Oh bugger it. Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool. :D

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    :eek:

Dude, like, wow.

7. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
  8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Also, apparently it seems that the voiceover is the same Narrator from the Gen1 cartoons.
    Looks like they're trying. I am still iffy on the heavily insectoid/hydraulic looks of them, but the've been written fairly close to their original characters' natures.

And love that shot of Ironhide rolling over the missile and returning fire, NeecH? ;)

9. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, I feel suitably torn between my love of the original TF and this shiny new stuff... My brother is already putting in his order for me to grab him a TF shirt when I get to supanova :p I need to drag out the ol' car box and find that Jazz transformer we had... [face_thinking]

10. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Just read on Wiki that two sequels are already planned, although this first film will have to prove itself before that.

11. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I have not been spoiled in any way, this is just speculation, but I wonder if this means no or only a few Transformers are 'killed' in this movie?

12. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Killed? Don't you mean destroyed :p

13. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    O M G!!!!!! :eek:

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  15. ringmaster50

ringmaster50 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2007
    Well,

I was already hyperventilating over this movie - I can't wait.

But I really really need an autobot logo t-shirt.o_O

16. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I was thinking the same - the shop up the road from me has a bunch of Autobot and Decepticon Logo shirts and I've been meaning to grab one before the movie is out. :D

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    The current Lil'Formers comic is cute.

(Oh, when the next comic's up in a week or so it will be found here instead.)

Okay [b]UBER SPOILER[/b] time.

re: why they look like they do (car, plane etc). Refer to [link=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115458]this[/link] thread for uber spoilers of all known Transformers and their Robot/Alt modes (from the movie), and more... you've been warned.
    [color=chocolate][hl=chocolate]The transformers all have a [b]protoform[/b] in the movie. It's what they look like (when not in robot form) before they take on a form based on something from the local planet ([link=[link=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/44182455e034c0a0a6.jpg]image[/link]). When they decide on a form, they then transform as we know them. Megatron hates humans and Earth so much he refuses to take a form from Earth, hence him being an "Alien Jet". Rumours say he's going to take on a Jet form of a plane that the US government still has confidential in reality. Hence the toy/form has not been revealed until the US Military actually reveals it on a date obviously around the movie (for real!).[/hl][/color]

re "What Soundwave/Blaster's thingy was."
    [color=chocolate][hl=chocolate]There are 4 Decepticons involved in merging. Frenzy comes from Barricade (Cop Car), see [link=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4140845c210412f657.jpg]image[/link]. Scorponok is part of Blackout (Helicopter), see [link=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4418245c11194dabe0.jpg]image[/link]. They are considered 'pets' to their 'owner', with Scorponok initially rumoured to not even have a robot form, since debunked, although it's supposedly not much diferent from his Scorpion form. Frenzy is much more intelligent, as that trailer shows.
    [/hl][/color]

Oh, and you'll find about 700 movie/toy related spoileriffic images [link=http://www.flickr.com/groups/transformersmovie/pool]here[/link].

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    =P~ it all looks awesome=P~

19. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    There are actually 3 passwords active at the moment for http://www.sector7.org

NBETWO
    takara83
    fwiffo

You will find that in the email inside one of them, they have managed to aquire voices of both Prime (NBETWO) and Megatron (MEGAMAN). The email are interesting reading, with fwiffo and takara being random forum members's names from transformers websites. Agents A. Powers and H. Weaving are mentioned.

20. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Does that mean Mike Myers is doing a voice? Cool!

And I knew that was the reason for Megatron looking the way he does.

21. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
  22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    So I'm downloading and printing some of those Lil Formers standees...

Waste of resources? Maybe.
    But you can't tell me any of you wouldn't do the same thing. :p This Laser colour printer was just dying to print them out.

23. ringmaster50

ringmaster50 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2007
    True? I dont suppose you know if they have girl sizes? All of these merchandise places are in complete denial that girls are interested in this stuff....

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    The shop he's talking about may be a little far for you (It's in Japan :p )

I bought my Autobots T-shirt last year @ SupaNova and they'll be selling them there this year.

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Which is why I'll be buying my Autobots t-shirt on the Saturday this year :p By Sunday last year they only had the decepticon shirt in a small, and while still cool I had my heart set on an Autobot shirt... And a thundercats shirt... If I leave without one this year there will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.