main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY - THE NEW BOISE ORDER - THIS APRIL!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Ok gang, let's start getting some idea's out there for what we'd like to do for this historic event! Yeah, it's historic! 5 years is a lot!
    Obviously we will get a cake and all that jazz. I'd also like to do something BIG. Something that might attract some new members, get the community involved, even buzzing a bit. Perhaps I could put a little video together for channel 11 public access, a little "club trailer" marking our anniversary date that shows club picks, etc?
    What are some other ideas? This is a great opportunity to get some more members. Lets start our sixth year with a bang!!!![face_dancing]

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Maybe the answer to new t-shirts is to make a 5th anniversary t-shirt, just a thought.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    That sounds like a good idea! Something to consider for sure.

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    just doesn't have to be on the anniversary the whole year is the 5th year we should plan great things all year. super bowl party 2/3/08

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    We can certainly do this. Should we add that to the agenda? I do think that April should be our BIG month, but yes of course, lots of good things all year!

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    There are all things we talked about doing for our 5 year in April. Remember that we also have club elections and our regular meeting:

NYL ? April 5th

New members who join in April, anniversary month, $5 for rest of year

Two trilogies different nights. Cake. Mini?s meltdown. April 8th - Force Unleashed.
    Tt-zer?s classic club shirts, with addition of 5 year and subtraction of events. Call for estimates.

Café? press ? update with 5 year and add more items including beer stein and stickers and magnets.

Car Wash

We should definitely think about dividing all these activities up equally throughout the month and really make it a "bang."

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    OK, so for our 5th year anniversary podcast, Jeff Roney did message me back on myspace and said he's in! We are setting it for the day of our April meeting on the 5th. It will probably be in the evening.
    More details to come in the next day or two.

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    OK, I heard back from Jeff and we are setup tentatively for 8pm on the 5th of April for the podcast.
    I have added him as a contact in our club e-mail so that we can contact him easier in the future.
    I'm excited that we're finally doing this!!!!=D=

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    From Jeff:

Yes, you can put a copy of the podcast on your site. No problem. I know what its like to get a group of people together. Could you get me an outline and questions, you'd like to discuss? Thanks, Jeff

So let's get this put together at the next meeting.

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey so Cafe' Press DOES do bumper stickers!

http://www.cafepress.com/content/newsletter/email_20071016_stickers.html?pid=2529374&tid=20071016_stickers&CMP=EMC_20080108_stickers

whew-hew!=D=

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah and they have steins well I already was playing with those the day after the meeting.

12. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I've got something special I'm going to put together for our 5 year. I think everyone is going to totally dig it.

13. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    Hey everyone! How is it going? I know that I haven't kept up with everyone I actually haven't had the internet for sometime now. I finally got back on and saw the topic. I had a thought about it. One thing you could do to get the communty awareness is to do a charity event. I remember a while back you guys were talking about having costumes. If you all dress up and do some type of event and have it on TV or in the paper that generates a lot on public interest. Also it seems that charity events and Star Wars Fans have been going hand in hand for years. Just a thought. Just want to let you guys know that Suzanne and I are trying to move back there hopefully soon. We need to convince one of our jobs to move us back. Unfortunatley that is the only way we can do it at the moment. Hope to sign in again soon.

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Great to hear from you bro! Glad to know things are going well and thanks for the update! We certainly hope to see you back in town sometime soon!

15. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003

We actually may be able to get the media to our event in Nampa in April.

16. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Dang... wish I was able to come home for this. That would be awesome.

I think you should do a video and shirts and a charity event and...

...whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be BIG. . . and have fun! :D

Congratulations early NBO! Keep it up!

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I'll call T-zer's today and get estimates. So what are we going to do for our big 5 year guys and gals?

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ok, here's what we got:

A dozen shirts is $9.77/shirt.
    Two dozen is $8.62/shirt.

And of course there is an extra charge for larger sizes, $2 more of double X and $3 for triple X.

There is no extra cost for removing the events on the back of the shirt and no extra cost if we want to change the color of the text or the shirt.

So what does everyone think?

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    so why donwe just say just two for 25.00

that way it covers the extra cost for sizes for every one who needs the bigger sizes?

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Sounds good to me. Why don't we try and collect it all on the 22nd for those coming to the business meeting at my place that night.
    Then I can have the shirts ordered Monday. How does that work for everybody?

21. rlevtzow

rlevtzow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    how should i get you the money for my shirts (two xxxl black)
    robert

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    See your private messages.

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    my shirts are paid in full

24. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Just a quick update...
    So if you put an order in for a shirt(s) and it's not paid up by the 26th, shirts will be refunded and scratched.
    The vote was for club funds to cover any additional costs on top of those already ordered.
    So please bring your payment with you. Event starts around 6:30pm. We will be doing questions live on the podcast as a club. Everyone please bring some kind of grub!
    We'll probably play some mini's after that and just hang out and reminisce the last 5 years. I can already think of some whoopers...

See everyone this Saturday at Marcus' house.

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So we might just have some old faces here this Saturday. I figured it fitting with our 5th year around and all.
    Apparently Amma is going to try and make it also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.