main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Title: Fix You
    Author: BigFatty
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Characters: Jag, Jaina, various canon cameos
    Summary: Jag and Jaina reunite two years after TUF
    Notes: I own nothing relating to Star Wars, so please don't sue. A huge thanks to my lovely beta, Master Austyn. This story is the sequel to Overkill & Over You. You probably should read those before reading this, but don't worry--they're short. And just because there isn't a song tied in with this story doesn't mean I didn't have one playing in my head while I wrote it. See Coldplay's "Fix You" for details. Enjoy!

Exiting hyperspace, Jag was hailed by patrollers as he approached Denon. Not sure who would be listening to the transmission, he sent a text message directly to the military headquarters. As per his mission parameters, his re-entry to Alliance space was to be as secret as possible. Thus, the text message he sent was a special code that was used during the war against the Vong and meant that the sender was an undercover officer needing to meet with his or her contact. He hoped that his uncle was somewhere on duty and would understand what was going on. Two minutes later, Jag was instructed to land at a secluded, high-level security hangar. He had flown in with a nondescript shuttle since he was sure a clawcraft would attract unneeded attention.

As he made his approach to the hangar he noticed that traffic in the area was light. Entering the hangar, there was only one person standing in the waiting area. He touched down and began running through shut down procedures. Once that was finished, he gathered his flight bag and descended the ramp.

?Hello, Jag.?

?Good afternoon, Uncle.?

Wedge grabbed hold of his nephew and pulled him into a fierce hug. ?How is your family??

?Mother and Father are well. Syal was not looking forward to the end of her school break, but she will be happy to be reunited with her classmates. How is your family??

?Iella made me step down from most of my duties, but saw fit to nearly taking over Intelligence with Winter. The girls are fine, growing too fast, but fine. I hope I don?t need to tell you that you?re always welcome to our home.?

?You do not, and thank you for the offer.?

They paused their conversation as they entered the turbolift. Wedge broke the silence, ?Jag, I?m not going to ask where you?ve been or why you left. I?m also fairly sure that I?m not the person you came back here for. Just know that if you ever need someone to talk to, I?m here.?

?Thank you, Uncle. I will talk with you, but there are some things I need to do first.?

?Very well.?

?Where are you taking me??

?I was going to set you up with living quarters.?

?Actually, I was hoping we could stop by Jaina?s quarters first. Has she returned from her mission??

?No, not yet. If you want I can show you where her quarters are.?

?That will be fine. Will she return within the next seventeen days??

?I?m not sure, why??

Jag grimaced, ?Imagine if Major Janson was infused with a Chiss female.?

?Sithspit.?

?Indeed.?

Jag listened to Wedge go into detail about recent events as they made their way to Jaina?s quarters. He seemed to altogether avoid discussing the lives of anyone with the last name of Solo. While Jag knew his Uncle wouldn?t be curious as to why this place was their first destination, Wedge would be curious as to what was going on between his nephew and hold-daughter. But Wedge was kind of enough to keep his word and not press for details. Jag knew Iella would try to get information from her husband and felt sorry for putting his Uncle in that position, but there was no way Jag could share that information with his uncle since he himself was unsure what was going on between Jaina and himself.

Arriving at a doorway in a corridor Wedge pointed out Jaina

2. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Yay! Jag is FINALLY going to get Jaina back. I've enjoyed this story up to this point and I'm looking forward to more.:)

3. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Woohoo! Theres more!
    [face_thinking] Are those 4 words along the lines of "Hi Jaina, I'm back" or "I love you Jaina"?
    great start!
    Blondie^..^

4. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Oooo, it's a postie!!!

He then feel asleep luxuriating in the faint scent lingering on the cushions that was purely Jaina.
    Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love]

Great work!

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Super start, BF!

Jag's plan is very mysterious. Glad Wedge and Jacen are on his side.

I can't wait for the next post...

oldj

6. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Quick Announcement: Anyone who wants to be PMed whenever I update, please let me know via post or PM.

JJSF: Yay! Jag is FINALLY going to get Jaina back. I've enjoyed this story up to this point and I'm looking forward to more.

Glad you're having fun. :)

Blondie: Woohoo! Theres more!

Yes indeed.

Are those 4 words along the lines of "Hi Jaina, I'm back" or "I love you Jaina"?
    great start!

If you read Overkill, you'll see the first two words are "Dear Jaina". Feel free to continue guessing what the remaining two words are. ;)

Myra: Oooo, it's a postie!!!

Yep, it has begun.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait for the next post. ;) [face_love]

Great work!

oldj: Super start, BF!

Jag's plan is very mysterious. Glad Wedge and Jacen are on his side.

Yes, it is nice to have allies.

I can't wait for the next post...

See you then ;) Or until I respond to more comments if they appear

7. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Just wait for the next post.
    Does that mean more nush? [face_hypnotized]

And I'd like PMs, if that's possible. :)

Thanks.

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I love this! :D I actually went back and read the prequels (that I somehow missed) and I love this whole little trilogy!

I'm sure that Jaina'll come back completely exhausted and not even see him... that should be amusing. [face_laugh]

A PM would be nice for me also. :)

Really awesome job here. :D

9. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    awesome job!! i really like this one, as well as the other 2 parts :p.. i would like to be PM'ed whenever you post, if thats possible...

MaraJ

10. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Go jag!

And could I get a PM?

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Awesome. This story looks very promising. :D Boy is Jaina gonna be suprised when she goes into her room. Great post! :) Can't wait for more.
    --Wynssa

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    =D= Great start!

13. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Look promising so far. You write a very good Jag! :)

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    All of those who requested to be PMed have been added to my list of names. Thanks for asking. :)

Myra: Does that mean more nush?

Nush I don't know about, but there will be more mush. ;)

J&J: I love this! I actually went back and read the prequels (that I somehow missed) and I love this whole little trilogy!

Thanks for liking the story and taking the time to go back and read the prequels to it. :)

I'm sure that Jaina'll come back completely exhausted and not even see him... that should be amusing.

Dang it, no fair guessing what the author's going to write before she writes it. :p

Really awesome job here.

Thank you! :)

MaraJade: I don't remember you posting in my threads before, so welcome! :)

awesome job!! i really like this one, as well as the other 2 parts

Thank you ver much :)

Valin: Go jag!

I'm sure he'd be glad to know he has a cheerleading section.

Wynssa: Awesome. This story looks very promising.

Thank you :)

Boy is Jaina gonna be suprised when she goes into her room.

We'll have to see ;)

Great post! Can't wait for more.

Thanks again :D

FelsGoddess: Great start!

Elfsheen: Look promising so far. You write a very good Jag!

Thank you very much :)

15. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Add me to the PM list, please!

And you didn't like my suggestion for a title. *pouts*[face_not_talking] Kidding! *grins!

Great post!

And I'm going to predict the message is more like "I love you, Jaina." That's four words, right? *grins*

Keep me posted! More soon? [face_batting]

~*~Austyn

16. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful job bigfatty! Eagerly awaiting more! I would like to be added to the PM list!

dont forget to send in teh information to the j/j index!

17. bob_siow

bob_siow Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    this requires a new post, pronto!

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Austyn: Add me to the PM list, please!

You got it.

And you didn't like my suggestion for a title. *pouts* Kidding! *grins!

[face_worried] Yeah, sorry. I was going to make it a challenge, but then I heard the song playing in my head again and decided to go with it.

Great post!

And I'm going to predict the message is more like "I love you, Jaina." That's four words, right? *grins*

Well the first two words are "Dear Jaina" so you have to figure out the last two words. ;)

Keep me posted! More soon?

I'll (hopefully) write out the next bit tonight and get it off to you for a beta.

JAGSGURL15: Wonderful job bigfatty! Eagerly awaiting more! I would like to be added to the PM list!

Thank you very much, and you hav been added to the list.

dont forget to send in teh information to the j/j index!

I'll send you a PM containing info for this and Over You since I'm pretty sure I forgot to PM you on that. Thanks for adding me to the index :)

Bob: First off, welcome to my threads :)

this requires a new post, pronto!

I'm working on it.

19. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :D

I'd love to be on your PM list, please!

Thank you!

oldj

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    You're added oldj :)

Correction to the people I've been talking to about Jag's message. This is what happens when you don't review what you wrote. :(

Yes the message is four words and you know one, not two, of the words: "Jaina-" So if you want to play along and figure out the last three words, feel free to do so.

21. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Looks good so far.
    Jacen's arrival was really cute. I love that he offered Jag the code to let him know he'd been caught.
    I'm very curious about what the four words were.
    I'm also anxious to see Jaina's reaction.
    Can I get added to the PM list?
    I'm looking forward to more of this. :)
    -Zetta
    (edit= typo)

22. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Hey I just read the others and couldn't wait for the sequel...then I found ut you had already started it! :p

To sum up my responses to all three: :oops:(Jaina), :oops: (Jag), [face_laugh] :_|=D= (Nawra), [face_dancing]=D=[:D]:D (Jag going back!!)

And for you: =D==D==D==D==D==D=

I would like to be added to the PM list, please!! [face_praying]

More soon?![face_batting] (incase you can't tell...I like smilies!)

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    zettazofia: Looks good so far.

Jacen's arrival was really cute. I love that he offered Jag the code to let him know he'd been caught.

That's what brothers are for... I guess, I only have a sister.

I'm very curious about what the four words were. I'm also anxious to see Jaina's reaction.

[face_mischief] We'll wait and see

Can I get added to the PM list?

You are added, thanks for asking.

I'm looking forward to more of this.

Arryn_Fel: Hey I just read the others and couldn't wait for the sequel...then I found ut you had already started it!

Haha, glad you are enjoying yourself so far.

I would like to be added to the PM list, please!!

You are added as well, thank you for asking.

More soon?!

Hopefully. And thanks for all the smilies :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: I really meant to write the next section out last night so I could get it out for beta last night/early this morning, but ended up falling asleep at 9:20 instead. It's just been that kind of week at work. :( So, new plan: finish writing out the post today/tonight and get it out for beta tonight/tomorrow. Here's the problem: my poor Master is going to be unavailable for beta services tomorrow. Would someone please step up and take her place? I would certainly appreciate it (and so would everyone reading it because rough drafts are scary things). The sooner I get a beta, the sooner you get to see what happens ;)

EDITED TO ADD: Beta problem solved; thanks for the quick help. :D

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is wonderful!!! :D I can't wait until Jaina gets back :D

25. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Woohoo!! Jaggie is back! :D [face_dancing]

?Mind telling me why you were trying to break into my sister?s apartment??

?It is part of my mission.?

[face_laugh] That is so Jag! He is so singleminded about everything and would approach this as a mission. :p

I'm with everyone on the four words, but I can't bet on you not throwing a hydro-spanner into the equation... [face_mischief]

Can't wait for more! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.