main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was sooooo sweet!!! I like that Jaina and Jag got to see those particular dead people :)

Wonderful job!! =D=

2. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WOW i just got caugt up! i cant wait to see where u take this story bigfatty! im very impressed!

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    both of brothers one more time, possibly one last time. :(

Great post!

4. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ?Jag, I?m too tired to do anything but sleep. And stop worrying about my father.?

The next morning would be a very unfortunate time for Han to walk in.

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Thank you Thank you Thank you BF.

The return of Nawra was so perfect. Cracked me up about his interrupting her conversation about military business. That is so Chiss.

Anakin watching over Jacen so she could get some rest was so nice.

?Not as weird as Master Yoda can be.? Anakin answered with a laugh. ?I was always hoping Uncle Luke was exaggerating his stories about him, but now I think he was watering some of them down.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And just a note: I have a couple of favorite words. Don't know why but I just do. My most favorite is Faux Pas. The second is Myriad (which you used here =D=) I know, who cares right? I was just saying. :p

6. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful post! Hoorah for Anaken! I liked how Jaina saw Jag speaking to no one in Chiss. It made me chuckle a bitsy! More soon?

7. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I think I may have replied here back in august but I can't remember.

Anyway... I thought that it was really funny that you had Anakin kick Jaina out of the medbay.

This is an excellent story and I will try to be faithful reading and replying (but it's me so you never know).

~!*Kat*!~

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Wynssa: Great post! I loved Anakin's comment about Yoda. And the J/J at the end.

kt: That was great! I love how Anakin is the one who kicked her out, and how Jaina walked in on jag having a conversation with...well kinda himself.

It really was Nawra's ghost Jag was talking to, but Nawra and Jaina in the same room would be too much for poor Jag to handle. And thanks.

Z: Oh wow. I loved that post. And YEAH for Anakin and Nawra!!!!! Loved to see them again. And Vergere rocks, of course!

Thank you :) Even if I was never a big Vergere fan.

cheersweetie: This story is so good! I like that Anakin is watching over his big brother. It's cute that Jag is still a little worried about Han.

Thanks, and I think Jag will always be a little worried about Han.

oldj: This post may have been for Lola, but it sure as heck was great for me, too!!!

Aww, yay :)

Terrific post, beautifully written, BF. Thanks.

Thank you :D

Inara: Awesome chapter, and well worth the wait Just don't make us wait too long next time

Thanks, and I make no promises. ;)

stickster: Awww I love conversations with the dead, they always seem to move things in the right direction...heh, that's a creepy sentence, but definitely true in the fic world. And these were cute. ...and of course I love the end Hoorah post

Yes, this post was probably slightly inspired by watching Medium every week. Glad you liked the post.

zetta: Aww... Little brother's looking out for his sister. *sniff* Sooooo sweet. Also sweet that Jag waited for her, of course.

Of course ;) And thanks.

Lee Ann: Jag is a good man. *sigh* A most wonderful postie. ^_^ It just brightened my rainy wedenesday And hopefully Jacen will be getting better in the next few posts eh?

Yes on Jag and Jacen, glad I could brighten your weather.

Nat: Wonderful job!!

Thank you

JAGSGURL: WOW i just got caugt up! i cant wait to see where u take this story bigfatty! im very impressed!

Thanks & welcome back.

FelsGoddess: Great post!

Thank you

Valin: The next morning would be a very unfortunate time for Han to walk in.

It would be, but I'll play nice. ;)

Lola: Thank you Thank you Thank you BF.

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome. Thank you for making me bring her back.

And just a note: I have a couple of favorite words. Don't know why but I just do. My most favorite is Faux Pas. The second is Myriad (which you used here ) I know, who cares right? I was just saying.

I care. And I enjoying the use of "myriad" too, but only when it is used correctly.

BUI: Absolutely wonderful post! Hoorah for Anaken! I liked how Jaina saw Jag speaking to no one in Chiss. It made me chuckle a bitsy!

Thank you

Kat: I think I may have replied here back in august but I can't remember.

I don't remember either, but welcome anyway. [:D]

This is an excellent story and I will try to be faithful reading and replying (but it's me so you never know).

Thanks, and whenever you can stop by will be fine.

As for the next post... ugh. I'm currently at home for the weekend spending time con la familia. This week I have a midterm and whenever we ask anyone who's taken the class before,

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [:D] Good luck with the midterm.

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you :) As for a post this week, it doesn't look it will happen. I've got midterm stuff till Wednesday and a round trip from school to home and back for a dentist appointment (my least favorite doctor of them all). Sorry for the delay, I'll try to make it up to you guys. :)

11. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    A couple of things:

1) In case you didn't read the last bit in the above post, there will be no post this week due to DRL. My apologies.

2) To make up for the lack of post, you should go check out my new art thread located here.

12. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D] Its okay ... we all understand DRL!! I'm in the middle of packing boxes to move, so I CERTAINLY understand at the moment!!

I looked at your FanArt thread! Great work Crayola Queen! Perhaps we could collaborate on something...hmmm...a new J/J maybe?? I do a lot of line art...

We'll "talk" soon!

oldj

P.S. Still anticipating the next chapter here, whenever you can!

13. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

Ouch, I think I'll take studying for my midterm over your packing. Good luck with that.

Crayola Queen [face_thinking] Never been called that one before. :) I'd love to work with you on something... when we both get the time of course ;)

I'll do my best to get it up sometime during this coming weekend, but I'm not going to make any promises.

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    What a beautiful postie, BF! Just wonderful! @};-

?You are supposed to be dead.? Jag said while saying a silent prayer that this whole insanity was just a dream.

?I am. But you are still an idiot who needs my help. So here I am, being interrupted from a terribly interesting conversation I was having with my great-great-uncle about ground force tactics.?

[face_laugh] Even dead, Nawra still packs a punch. She's great! :D

?You are letting your head make your heart feel guilty for feeling happiness.? She continued without giving Jag a chance to argue against her. ?Your mind is telling you that you do not deserve happiness after the things you have done and seen in your life. Your mind still is that of a soldier, and sadly a Chiss one at that. Your heart has found its place and is now rightfully pumping Corellian blood through your veins.?
    Jag would do well to listen to his old friend. Nawra knows what she's talking about.

?Not as weird as Master Yoda can be.? Anakin answered with a laugh. ?I was always hoping Uncle Luke was exaggerating his stories about him, but now I think he was watering some of them down.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved the visits from Nawra and Anakin. Sensitively and thoughtfully written, and humorous yet again. Very well done. [:D]

Great job as always. Can't wait for more! :D

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Red: Welcome back [:D] Figured a cameo would draw you back in ;)

What a beautiful postie, BF! Just wonderful!

Thank you :)

Even dead, Nawra still packs a punch. She's great!

You just want to give compliments to yourself ;)

I loved the visits from Nawra and Anakin. Sensitively and thoughtfully written, and humorous yet again. Very well done. Great job as always. Can't wait for more!

Thank you very much :)

Good news: Today's midterm is over and went better than I thought it would

Bad news: I'm totally braindead and have another midterm on Monday :p But I promise I'll get to writing as soon as my brain cells are running on full capacity once again.

16. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    8-}

*Sending energy to BF's brain cells*

We'll be waiting!

:D

oldj

17. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks oldj [:D]

18. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Ooh. Midterms. :(

Haven't had one of those in over twenty years. Thank the maker.

Well good luck and don't worry about us. We'll be here, hanging out.

And hey. I kind of sent a PM to your halloween sock. I was being silly again.

19. JainaTaat

JainaTaat Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    Lola: We agree that we have an evil name, but BFDenning would be too evil even for us.

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Alright, midterms are over for the month [face_dancing] I'll get a post up as soon as I can find more than one scene to write and can lose this headache.

21. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    *sends BF her painkiller of choice*

Darned headaches!

oldj

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

Thanks, but being the daughter of a nurse, I have plenty of drugs. My roommates joke I could run a pharmacy out my bedroom.

And yes to the darned headaches. I get them all the time, it sucks.

But thanks for the offer. I've got 533 words as of right now, time to add some more.

EDIT: Anyone know who stole all the n's from everyone's sigs?

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Sorry this one is short.

This one's for you oldj [:D]

Jaina awoke the next day to sounds and smells emanating from her kitchen. Looking to the other side of the bed, she found it empty. She grabbed her robe and pulled it on while padding out of the bedroom. Turning the corner she found a clean-shaven and soapy-smelling Jag rummaging through her cabinets. Years ago, she would have felt pangs of jealousy and embarrassment over how her sleep clothes were rumpled and her hair was undoubtedly shooting off in every direction it could while he stood there looking nearly perfect and cooking her breakfast. But she had come to the conclusion that if one of them was going to be able to look appropriate at a moment?s notice, it was not going to be her.

?Do you have any tali?? Jag asked while looking for the spicy Corellian seasoning.

?No, sorry. Where did you get this food?? Jaina wondered as she surveyed the table of fruits, sweet rolls, blue milk, caf, and finally the omelets Jag was making at the stove.

?Not from your kitchen. I may be able to pass as a cook, but I have yet to run across a recipe for making omelets solely out of ration bars, which is all you have.?

Jaina?s response was to stick her tongue out at him, only to have him flick water in her face while he washed his hands.

A few minutes later, the couple was sitting at the table and enjoyed Jag?s cooking. ?Mmmm, I could get used to this.? Jaina commented around a mouthful of sweet rolls.

?Eating real food for breakfast or sleeping till fifteen-hundred??

?Hey, I eat real?it?s fifteen-hundred?? Jaina asked in shock.

?Yes, you slept for nearly fourteen hours.?

?How long did you sleep??

?I awoke at noon after eleven hours of sleep. Your lackadaisical rebel ways seem to rubbing off on me.? He answered.

?Is that a complaint??

?Not yet.?

Those two words brought Jaina back to another conversation she and Jag had had a few weeks ago in her apartment. She wondered what was holding him back from proposing marriage, but she knew he was the more rational half of the couple, so she would wait. She still could not believe that she was growing impatient to settle down and get married, but she supposed odder things had happened during the course of the galaxy?s history. Thinking of something that might spur him on in feeling ready, she took a deep breath and said, ?Jag, I want to meet your parents.?

His fork paused halfway on its journey to his mouth as he digested what she said. He went ahead and consumed the bite to buy him a few more seconds to assemble an answer. ?I am sorry, but that cannot happen.?

?What? At the end of the war you asked me to go and meet them. I wasn?t ready then, but I am now.?

?And I am very happy to hear you say that, but I cannot return. I am an exile.?

?Since when??

?Since I retired my commission. Even though I was born on Csilla, I am not a Chiss, and therefore am not allowed to stay in, or return to, the Ascendancy.?

?Oh.? Jaina replied in a small voice as she realized just how much he had sacrificed to be with her.

?Jaina,? he said as he took her hands in his, ?I will never regret the decision of leaving all of that behind to be with you.?

?Yes, but part of your ?all of that? is your family.?

?I know. I left them to start my own family.?

?Can you send messages to them?? She asked.

?More than likely not. While the Chiss and the Alliance are not enemies, they are not complete allies either. But I would not worry. It is only a matter of time before my mother drags my father out of Chiss space to check on her son.?

?Really??

?Yes. My father may be in charge of many things in the Ascendancy, but he has never been in charge of our household. And please do not tell him I said that to you.?

?I don?t know.? Jaina said with a playful tone in her voice. ?You?re going to have to make it worth my while.?

?I promise to do so for the rest of my life, as long as you do not mention that piece of informati

24. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ?Whoever cooks does not have to wash dishes after the meal.? He said with a smile as he rose from his chair, gave her a kiss on the forehead, and moved into the common area to catch up on the latest news.

[face_laugh] Those rebel ways really ahve rubbed off on him.

25. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Turning the corner she found a clean-shaven and soapy-smelling Jag rummaging through her cabinets. Years ago, she would have felt pangs of jealousy and embarrassment over how her sleep clothes were rumpled and her hair was undoubtedly shooting off in every direction it could while he stood there looking nearly perfect and cooking her breakfast. But she had come to the conclusion that if one of them was going to be able to look appropriate at a moment?s notice, it was not going to be her.

For some reason, I loved this paragraph! It's so Jag and Jaina! From the soapy smell to Jaina's conclusion that Jag's the neat one was dead-on!

And it was sweet that he resigned from the Ascendancy to be with her.

You write Jag so well! :)

I can't wait to seeh his proposal! Even Jaina wants it. And he has a ring that Ben knows about!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.