main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Greetings to princess & holly [:D] , I'll get more detailed replies to you later. But for now I'm crazy enough to be posting this at 3:30 in the morning just to make sure this gets to be the 400th reply. Yes, I'm a dork. :)

Luke Skywalker entered the cantina?s doors and fought to keep a smile from creeping onto his face. As he searched for a certain occupant, he could not help but let his memory drift back to another cantina all those years ago. Seeking the person now as he was then, he wondered what his reaction would have been if someone had told him decades ago that these two men would now be family and two of the most famous men in the galaxy.

Finding the familiar face sitting in a booth in a dark and far corner, Luke made his way through the light crowd and slid into his seat.

?Go back and tell Leia that I don?t need a babysitter.?

?Han, you know I can?t do that.? Luke replied.

?Scared of your sister??

?Rightfully so, yes.? Luke said and then turned to order a drink from a nearby waiter droid.

Acknowledging the fact that his brother-in-law wasn?t going to leave him alone until he opened up, Han gave in and started to talk. ?I know I should be happy right now, but I?m not.?

Knowing that it wasn?t often that Han let people other than Leia see this side of him, Luke quietly paid for this drink and took a sip. He began to wonder if he should have ordered something that wasn?t as strong. Judging by the way Han was feeling in the Force, it could end up being a long night, and the Skywalkers were not too adept at holding their alcohol.

It had been three days since Jaina had finally left her brother?s side to go home and rest. The following evening Jacen had come out of his coma after a week of being unconscious. One would think Han Solo would be a happy man, and he had been until a few hours ago. Luke began to wonder what horrible event had taken place to bring Han?s spirits down this low.

?I know I should be happy, but it?s not fair.? Han said with a slight slur that made Luke wonder how long he had been occupying the booth in the cantina.

?What?s not fair, Han?? Luke asked.

?They don?t need me anymore.?

?Who?s ?they???

?My kids.?

?That?s not true, Han.?

?Yeah, it is. I almost lose another son and I can?t do anything to help him get better. I can only sit in a chair and watch him breath for a week.

?And then who is it that comes along to help him wake up? Anakin.?

Han paused to take a sip from his drink. All the sadness he was feeling caused tidal waves in the Force that crashed into Luke, making him feel as if he were drowning.

It was rare for Han to talk about his youngest child for a number of reasons. They had not gotten along well during the last couple of years of Anakin?s life, and Luke knew Han still felt extremely guilty about it, and would continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

?Do you think he?s mad at me?? Han asked in a quiet voice.

?Of course not, Han. He was never mad at you.?

?He should?ve been mad at me for the way I treated him.?

Wanting to steer the conversation back to the original reason why Han had gotten upset today instead of drudging up the past, Luke tried to think of a question to ask his brother-in-law about the events of the day when Han started talking again.

?I think he?s still mad at me.?

?Why would you think something like that??

?He comes back from the dead to help heal Jacen, he talked to Jaina, you felt he had been in Jacen?s room, Mara felt it, Leia felt like he kissed her cheek before fading back to? wherever, and what do I get? Nothing. No, I can?t imagine why that would make me think he?s still mad at me.?

Luke closed his eyes and let his memory drift back to two days ago. He and Mara had gotten up and headed to the medcenter as soon as visiting hours allowed them to check on their nephew. But that morning had been unique. Not only could Jacen?s presence be felt for the first time since his accident, Luke could feel

2. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Woo first post!

(Not "woo," being up this late writing a paper...but oh well.)

I liked this post :D I've actually spent the last hour-or-so finishing up something similar - that whole "Han has wedding jitters on behalf of his kids" thing, heh. And I'm glad the Anakin thing resolved okay for Han.

?Fine, but don?t come complaining to me when years from now you realize it?s the worst mistake of your life not building one.? Hehe.

And I'm super excited for the [face_love] :D :D

3. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    lol- Loved Han's stereotypical fatherly reaction to Jag asking permission.

And loved Han's gloominess until he realized that Anakin had been there for him, too. *sniff* Poor guy's having a rough week. You've done well showing his insecurities, without turning him into a whiner.

Best Line:
    lol. Great job, I really loved this one.
    -Zetta

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    ?Fine, but don?t come complaining to me when years from now you realize it?s the worst mistake of your life not building one.?
    [face_laugh]

And the idea of Anakin staying in there for that long and that strongly, wow. it made my eyes burn with tears. I'm not prone to venting but... I miss Anakin!:_|

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I was saddened to see what Han was going through, Anakin not showing him he was there. And then you gave him a shoulder squeeze.=D=

?Whoever said that was the parent of the groom.?

You know that's so true.

?She?s always been the independent one. She?s always wanted to come off like she doesn?t need anyone, but everyone knows at the first sign of trouble, she goes running straight to you.?

?Not anymore. She runs to another man now.?

Yeah, but when those little kiddies come along it'll be a different story. They'll both be running to you Han and you're going to love every minute of it.

Next post = what you all have been waiting for

Hibitydibity? Oops. Sorry.[face_blush] I mean, proposal?

And where's your Don't Forget to Vote for the New Thread Index Slogan reminder? :p

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Loved the Han and Luke interaction.

Great update!

7. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    ?Not going to happen, she?s not going to be allowed to date.?

[face_laugh] Wonder what Mara will say to that one?

Han's misery over Anakin was really sad, but then that shoulder squeeze...:_|

Loved Han and Luke. Even scruffy pirates need some comforting. And Luke knows just how to give it without making Han feel self-conscious. :)

Don't take so long to update next!

8. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    great post!!

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    ?Fine, but don?t come complaining to me when years from now you realize it?s the worst mistake of your life not building one.?

Sounds like classic Han.

10. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Haha, Han was wonderful in this postie, but frankly he and my dad should never talk, cause my dad would ask Han's help in building the fortress...haha, I also liked the bit about Skywalkers not being able to hold their alcohol. It made me chuckle. :) Nice job!

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh] Poor Han.... he should have started building that fortress before Jaina was born and maybe his plan would have worked. Great post!

12. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I got all choked up when Han realized that Anakin grabbed his shoulder. :_|

Yay for post described with a [face_love] face! :D

13. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Yay! That was great. Poor Han, thinking his kids don't need him anymore. :(

14. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Awhsum job! i luved it! the humor between han and luke was classic, just like it should be!

15. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Hi, BF ... yes, I'm still out here. Sorry I've been out of circulation lately...

Loved this - great characterization of Han. I'm assuming, of course, that he said "yes" to Jag? That's what really sent him drinking. He couldn't say "no"....

oldj

16. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    ?Laugh it up, kid. Just know that I?ll do the same when someone wants to marry your daughter.?

?Not going to happen, she?s not going to be allowed to date.?

I think every father says this. [face_laugh]

Great update! What a wonderful scene between Han and Luke. Thanks =D=

17. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ?Fine, but don?t come complaining to me when years from now you realize it?s the worst mistake of your life not building one.

[face_laugh] Gotta love Han Solo.

18. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    AAWWW, Jag asked Han first- I love that!

And poor Luke, he really should hire a fortress architech right now. I wonder who would be worse when suitors arrive at the door... Luke or Mara.

'night
    JaY

19. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    OOOOOOO cant wait for next post! Loved that post with Han going on and on about how he should have locked Jaina up...

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    stickster: Woo first post!

Congrats! :D Glad you liked the post

zetta: You've done well showing his insecurities, without turning him into a whiner.

Thank you very much

Z: I'm actually indifferent about Anakin, so I don't really know what came over me to devote most of this post to him.

Lola: Hibitydibity?

I'm not that kind of author... but your second was spot on. So bibbity, bobbity, boo.

Fels: Thank you

Inara: Glad you liked the post.

Don't take so long to update next!

I'll do my best, but it's only Tuesday and it's already the kind of week where I've been so busy that I've forgotten to eat.

s_skywalker: Thank you

princess: Thanks :)

BUI: Glad I could make you chuckle

Wynssa: Thank you

Myra: How'd I know you'd be the one excited about the [face_love]? Glad you liked the post.

Cheers: Thanks

JAGSGURL: Yes, those two can stir up quite the laughs, or at least they should.

oldj: [:D] Thanks for taking the time from your busy life to stop by! :D Yes, he said yes. And Jag is still alive. No worries.

RAH: Yes, I think that is a universal motto among fathers.

Valin: Yep, he's pretty great ;)

JaY: Yes, Jag is a good boy. And Lord have mercy on anyone who messes with, or tries to date, a Skywalker child.

holly: Thanks

21. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

The next post for this story will be the last. After much mental discussion on how best to end this, I initially was going to follow the footsteps of Mad About You's serires finale and make just a massive epilogue. I have since changed my mind because 1) the thing would be freaking huge & 2) I apparently can't leave this story's galaxy alone.

But, there will be a sequel of sorts. It will be a collection of viggies that tell what happen to our favorite people after Fix You. But I have a request: If you are an artist who can take requests, I'm going to need your help. PM for more info if you're interested, but for now that's all I'm going to say pertaining to what comes after this story

As for the next post, it has been started. I'll try to work on it some more tonight, but I am suffering for major brain drainages due to school.

Thanks again to all of you who take the time to read my words. It means a heck of a lot. [:D]

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Upping to see if anyone cares about the above announcement.

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    JUST ONE MORE?!

24. Mustafear

Mustafear Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you]Check your PMs, Sara.

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Yes, JAGSGURL, just one more. Now time to have a little chat with planet woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.