main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChissDemon

ChissDemon Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    LUCK! And Happy belated Birthday...I feel like an ass for not reading that part >_< Sry I missed it.

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    More birthday wishes? You guys are more on top of it than most of my family, good job. ;)

So the goal was to use work and my night class to finish the post, but instead I did art at work (link to the art thread in my profile) and I actually had to pay attention in my night class which sucked because it was honestly the most boring class in my life. Who wants to listen about glaciers for two hours?! Not me.

So now, I will calmly drink my hot chocolate and attempt to finish the post so it can be sent to beta and the story can be finished.

3. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    The last post is off to beta, and I'm off to be consumed by microbiology homework.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] Classes suck. But I'm glad it's written!!!! So . . . post tomorrow-ish?

5. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    The post will be back to me around lunchtime tomorrow according to Austyn, but I'll be in classes and lab till mid-afternoon and then I'm driving home to have a family weekend, so look for the post to be up more than likely late tomorrow night. But if I can get it up here earlier, I will.

6. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Welcome to the end...

First some thank you's:

1) To my sister for IMing me yesterday to tell me that she had a dream where I was in prison and Vader was the warden. And for giving me one of Ben's line in a very similar situation between my Mom & Dad.

2) To Brian for proposing to my best friend, and doing so in a manner that can be "borrowed" for fanfic.

3) To all you faithful readers. I had no idea I could be a writer, and some days I still don't, but you guys are incredible to me. Thank you:

JediJainaSoloFel
    Blondie_JediKnight
    Myra
    oldj
    Jaina_and_Jag
    MaraJade1225
    Valin_Halcyon
    Wynssa
    FelsGoddess
    Elfsheen
    Austyn
    JAGSGURL
    bob_siow
    zetta
    Arryn_Fel
    Nat
    Red
    Zonoma/Mustafear
    cheersweetie
    Rebel_Jedi
    Sea_of_Jade
    Guenevere
    Lola
    s_skywalker
    Rebel-at-Heart
    Audwin
    goddess45
    Wynssa_Starflare
    Jedimaster_JainaSolo
    kt
    Jaina_Solo_59
    JediFarfy
    ShortySC22
    BottledUpInside
    skywalker64089
    ChissGoddess
    Exploded-Girl
    hollynkesten
    Inara
    Jaina-S-Fel
    Stickster
    Sola_Halcyon
    double_blade
    jaynasolofel
    princess_of_naboo
    R11
    Chimpo

And now, 54 pages in Word and 20,353 words later...

As was tradition whenever possible, the Solos and Skywalkers were preparing for a family gathering in order to celebrate Jaina and Jacen?s lifeday. For the first time in quite a while, all family members would be in attendance and the celebration would be held on the twins? actual lifeday instead of another time due to Jedi business or intergalactic invasions.

It had been one week since Jacen had returned to the world of the living, and five days since Jag had finally gathered the nerve to ask Han for Jaina?s hand in marriage. For once it seemed as if the family would get to enjoy a normal life, or as normal of a life as one with the last name of ?Skywalker? or ?Solo?can lead.

As Jaina brushed her hair into place, she pondered once again how much longer it was going to be before Jag proposed. She knew he had to gone to her father to ask for his blessing. She was not supposed to know, but her dad had told her uncle about it, who told her brother, who told many people?including Jaina.

Jaina had done her best to act casual around Jag since Jacen had passed along his intelligence report to her, but it was difficult?Jaina Solo was not a patient woman. It had taken every shred of Jedi calm in her not to probe Jag?s mind for information or even going as far as physically patting him down in hopes of finding a jewelry box on his person. But for now, she had restrained herself.

Jaina laughed to herself at the change her personality had undergone since Jag?s return. She was the last person in the galaxy who had wanted to settle down and forced to be tied to a location, but not anymore.

Jagged Fel was a nervous wreck. Never in his life had he felt this nervous; then again he had never proposed before. Checking his pocked for the tenth time in the last three minutes, he reassured himself that the ring was right where it should be. He made sure to pat the gift softly so as not to ruin the wrapping it had taken him two painful hours to complete.

He tried to calm his nerves before leaving his apartment, but he knew it would be futile. Why did he have to fall in love with a Jedi? It was nearly impossible to keep anything from her. With a sigh, he hoped any nervousness she picked up would be mistakenly read as Jag being nervous about another family dinner with Han Solo.

Exiting his apartment and moving to the next door to his left, Jag signified his presence by ringing the door chime. The door immediately slid open to reveal Jaina standing with both hands on her hips and her right foot tapping a rather fast tempo. Jag began to wonder how a person could make ringing a door chime insulting when Jaina said, ?You?re late.?

Looking at his chrono, Jag replied, ?No, you are ready on time for once.?

?Is that any way to speak to someone on their lifeday??

?My since

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :_| *sO happy!!*

FINALLY! Beautifully done, BF! A very satisfying end to a wonderful story.

And Han? Perfect:

?He?s proposing today??

?Han, when did you think he was going to do it?? Leia asked.

?When I?m dead.?
    [face_laugh]

I'm sad this is finished, but can't wait for something new from you!

oldj

P.S. You ARE a writer! ;)

8. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Woohoo!!

Dagnabit, you beat me to the punch. :p

Excellent. Very enjoyable. Especially the way he set it up in the holo projector.

S.

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That was so cool!!!!!

Great ending to a beautifully awesome series BF.

I can't wait for your next brainstorm. I am such a fan of your writing.

10. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    YEAH!!!

Very sweet and the kid's got guts to ask in front of Jaina's whole family!

Great story Big Fatty! I am looking forward to reading more of your work.

Congrats.

'night
    JaY

11. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
  12. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    ?Okay, I promise I haven?t told anyone about it. Not Mom, Dad, or Nana, but I don?t know how much longer I can keep my secret.? He said with a worried look on his face.

?That is okay, Ben. You only have to keep your secret for a couple more hours.? Jag reassured.

?Good.? Ben said with an exaggerated sigh.

ROFLMAO. [face_laugh]

Yay! They're getting married! *breaks out the non-alcoholic champagne*

Great job on the story, BigFatty. :)

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    IT'S OVER!!!! *cries* :_|

That was wonderful!!!! I really, really enjoyed reading this :)

14. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    that was so beautiful.....:_|

great job on finishing!! I loved it... congratulations!!! can't wait for your next fic....

15. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    I can't decide which I liked more.
    Ben, insisting that he couldn't keep it a secret for much longer and then his reaction when it wasn't the ring right away, or Han and his crack about Jag proposing when he was dead.
    Or maybe Jaina being so anxious.
    Or maybe the twins hurrying through dinner and the adults going slowly.
    Or maybe the proposal.
    Or maybe the whole thing?
    Yeah,probably that last one.
    Really really excellent job- I hope you're doing another fic soon, because I looked forward to the updates to this one, and need something else to make it worth getting up in the morning. ;)
    Or at least make it worth getting up an extra twenty minutes early so I have time to read updates. :)
    -Zetta

16. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    That was the most adorable ending ever. [face_love] Ben was so cute. I loved Han.

"Honey, when did you expect him to do it?"

"When I'm dead."

Absolutely priceless. [face_laugh] =D=

This was a fantabulous fic, will you be starting another one soon?

17. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Han was great. So was Ben. Beautifully written. Great job!

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Just dropping in to say thanks for the compliments, I'll get into more detailed replies later. Also wanted to say that the "When I'm dead" line actually comes from my own father. One of the three following conditions has to be met before I'm allowed to marry (or so he's joked since I was 5):

-I have to be 40
    -He has to be dead
    -Jesus has to come back

Thanks again for reading. :D

19. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [:D]

That was so sweet!! And a wonderful ending to a fabulous fic :)

Loved Jaina and Jag, but Ben was just awesome!!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!! :)

BTW, I am working on your birthday fic.[face_devil]:);)

20. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Oh, that was a wonderful ending! I'm so glad that Jag proposed. Ben not being able to keep a secret was really cute! I couldn't possibly pick a favorite part of this post. Han was funny, Ben was cute, Jag was endearing, Jaina was sweet, Luke and Mara were just amusing. =D= Just a wonderful post, and a perfect end to this story.

And you are a writer, a WONDERFUL writer. [:D]

~Myra

21. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awesome ending!

22. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Aww, that was great! Beautiful ending, BF!! You definately need to do a sequel to this story!!

23. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm finally all caught up and the ending was absolutely beautiful. I loved the way he proposed. Amazing job on the whole story and I loved receiving updates ^_^

24. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    AWESOME ENDING!!!

great job! Loved it, and a perfect way tp end it!

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    oldj: FINALLY! Beautifully done, BF! A very satisfying end to a wonderful story.

Thank you :)

I'm sad this is finished, but can't wait for something new from you!

I think I'm going to take a little break before starting on something new, but I promise I'll keep writing.

P.S. You ARE a writer!

Thank you [face_blush]

skywalker: Excellent. Very enjoyable. Especially the way he set it up in the holo projector.

Thank you very much

Lola: Great ending to a beautifully awesome series BF. I can't wait for your next brainstorm. I am such a fan of your writing.

Thank you. I know what I'm going to do next, just going to catch my breath for a little bit and focus on school before starting it.

JaY: Very sweet and the kid's got guts to ask in front of Jaina's whole family!

Yes, yes he does. ;)

princess: Nice ending.

Thank you

Valin: Yay! They're getting married! *breaks out the non-alcoholic champagne*

[face_laugh] I'll break out the amaretto sours for those of age (my favorite drink).

Nat: That was wonderful!!!! I really, really enjoyed reading this

Thank you :)

goddess: that was so beautiful.....

Thanks

zetta: Really really excellent job- I hope you're doing another fic soon, because I looked forward to the updates to this one, and need something else to make it worth getting up in the morning. Or at least make it worth getting up an extra twenty minutes early so I have time to read updates.

Haha, thank you very much.

BUI: That was the most adorable ending ever.

Thank you

Wynssa: Han was great. So was Ben. Beautifully written. Great job!

Inara: That was so sweet!! And a wonderful ending to a fabulous fic

Thank you very much

BTW, I am working on your birthday fic.

Excellent :D

Myra: Han was funny, Ben was cute, Jag was endearing, Jaina was sweet, Luke and Mara were just amusing. Just a wonderful post, and a perfect end to this story. And you are a writer, a WONDERFUL writer.

Thank you very much [face_blush]

JAGSGURL: awesome ending

Thanks

cheersweetie: Aww, that was great! Beautiful ending, BF!! You definately need to do a sequel to this story!!

Thanks, and that is the plan.

shorty: I'm finally all caught up and the ending was absolutely beautiful. I loved the way he proposed. Amazing job on the whole story and I loved receiving updates

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself

holly: AWESOME ENDING!!!

THANKS!!!

Ok, so yes there will be a sequel of sorts to this story. And here's some info about it:

-It will be completely narrated by Nawra
    -It's what happens when two of my hobbies collide (fanfic & ???)
    -Will discuss all of the Skywalker and Solo family members, not just Jag & Jaina
    -If you're an artist, I'm going to need your help, so PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.