main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Arryn_Fel: Sorry it took so long.

Not a problem, just glad you eventually made a comment. :)

I loved the post!! Can't wait for more.

Thank you. :)

Those 4 words never even popped into my mind! Which is good cause if they had I would be severely creeped out.

I guess I don't think it was that creepy sounding when I wrote it. It wasn't like I was going to have her turn around and have Jag standing over with a menacing look and a big knife in his hand. Hopefully I didn't freak too many people out.

As for the next post: I sent what will either be the next post or the first chunk of the next post off for beta last night. If I get the next section written tonight, I'll send it off to beta as well and will post the whole thing on Thursday instead of Wednesday. If I don't get it done then I'll post what I have whenever I get the beta back. This weekend I'll be away from a computer, so I can't really say when the post after that will come, but I will do my best to get it up ASAP and make it worth the wait.

And to some people **cough**Red**cough**, if I do have to put up just the shorter post, it may not have as much mush as you would like, but I hope wait for when it actually makes an appearance. Besides it's not like a made you a character in the story or anything... wait a minute... :p ;)

2. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    No I mean I would have creeped myself out cause those are the right four words and if they had popped into my head then...

3. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Oh ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    [face_batting] And to some people **cough**Red**cough**, if I do have to put up just the shorter post, it may not have as much mush as you would like, but I hope wait for when it actually makes an appearance. Besides it's not like a made you a character in the story or anything... wait a minute...

[face_laugh] [face_blush] [:D]

Sorry, BF ... I wasn't complaining, honest. O:) But J/J mush is just irresistible...8-} :p And you teased us by hinting about it, you know you did... [face_shame_on_you] :p

I'll behave now. O:)

5. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Sorry, BF ... I wasn't complaining, honest. But J/J mush is just irresistible... And you teased us by hinting about it, you know you did...

Sure you weren't complaining. ;) And I agree J/J mush is irresistible. And to be honest, I thought that was mush. :( I don't really have too much history in the romance department. Helpful hint to all the young ones reading this: if a guys calls you his best friend and asks you if you want to have a romantic relationship and to think about it and let him know, and when you get back to him saying you're willing to have that kind of relationship, if he responds with "Sorry, I'm already seeing someone else, but you're still my best friend" run as far and fast away from him as possible. Do not be stupid like me and stick around to let him pull that on you another three times. :oops: You will be less bitter and jaded than I am, and apparently able to write actual mush instead of just thinking you can. [/rant]

I'll behave now.

I didn't have any hurt feelings despite what I may have said in the previous post or in the rant above. I would much rather have you bantering with me then you be meek and mild. ;)

6. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm feeling guilty for not getting a post up when I said I would and for the fact that I didn't get enough written last night. So, to attempt to make it up to you guys, here's a teaser for tomorrow's post. Hope you enjoy!

"Jaina Solo, from the moment I first saw you, I knew I would never be able to fully live again without you. I knew I had to do whatever necessary to make you happy, and I had yet to shake your hand or hear your voice. Jaina, do not ever doubt again whether or not you have a place in my heart.? He stopped when her face began to show nervousness. ?What is it??

?Nothing. That just sounded like, I don?t know??

?The beginning of a marriage proposal??

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: *crosses fingers* Let's hope that was the beginning of a marriage proposal! ;)

8. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    :eek: ...oh...my....god!!!......please post the whole thing soon!!! i can't wait!

MaraJ

9. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    *Charlie Darkglasses from Sweet Charity* Ditto :cool:

10. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    *gasp* :eek: OMG I can't wait to see if it really is a proposal. Wait, it's Jag. Of course it's a proposal. She's nervous though. I hope she says yes.

Can't wait for more!!!!

Guenevere

11. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    :D :D new reader!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
    wonderful story!!!!!!

12. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great teaser! A little something for me to think about for the next couple of weeks...

I'll be offline :( for a week or two starting tomorrow. I really look forward to reading some more of this fic (**hint, hint**) when I return!

:D

oldj

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    *crosses fingers* Say yes!

14. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] Okay, maybe, I was complaining just a teeny bit... Well, they fell asleep. :p But it was sweet mush... Kinda. :p Seriously, you're doing great! ;)

Great teaser. [face_batting] [face_dancing]

Can't wait for more, BigF. :D

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    J&J: Let's hope that was the beginning of a marriage proposal!

We'll see O:)

MaraJade & Blondie: please post the whole thing soon!!! i can't wait!

It will be up sometime this afternoon.

Guenevere: OMG I can't wait to see if it really is a proposal. Wait, it's Jag. Of course it's a proposal. She's nervous though. I hope she says yes.

Vamos a ver (We will see)...

Can't wait for more!!!!

Just a few more hours and it will be up.

s_skywalker: First off, [:D] welcome to the thread, hope you enjoy yourself.

wonderful story!!!!!!

oldj: Even though you won't be able to read this for a week or two, I still comment like you can ;)

Great teaser!

I really look forward to reading some more of this fic (**hint, hint**) when I return!

I'll see what I can do ;)

FelsGoddess: Say yes!

She will, I'm just not going to say which question it will be an answer to [face_devil]

Red: Great teaser.

Thank you :)

Can't wait for more, BigF.

Just a little more time...

OK, once again I'm here posting at work. [face_shhh] Since I'll be leaving right after work for a mini-vacation, the post will be up no later than 2:30pm board time today. As always, if you want to be added or removed from the list of people I PM when an update has been posted, please leave a post saying so or PM me. See you in a bit.

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    2:30 board time? But that's in like... 4 more hours! :_|

We'll see
    And I don't like the tone of your voice, missy.[face_shame_on_you]

17. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Good afternoon. I have a few things to say, but I'm sure you'd rather read the post first:

Hours later, they both awoke. Neither wanted to move. Both of their lives were comprised of few hours of peace, and they had never experienced those hours together. They knew each other so well, yet everything seemed new and awkward again.

Jag opened his eyes to absorb the sight. Jaina was still covering half of him for the most part, but she must have shifted around sometime during their sleep since her hair was mussed. Then again her hair could have looked like that before, Jag was not awake enough when for their first conversation to remember.

Feeling Jag beginning to run his hand up and down her back she turned her face to him. He still had bags under his eyes, but in one day there were starting to improve. She mentally cursed his buzzed hair and how it never showed effect of being smashed against a pillow or stifled by a pilot?s helmet. She was almost too afraid of what the tangled mess on top of her head looked like.

?What time is it?? Jag asked.

?1500. Why? Planning on going back to sleep?? Jaina replied.

?No. Do you have something scheduled for today??

Jaina closed her eyes to visualize her schedule on her datapad, ?My schedule is free till next week.?

They lapsed back into silence as Jag continued to rub her back and Jaina returned her head to his torso, enjoying the sound of his heart. This was how they stayed until Jag could feel Jaina smiling against his chest. ?What is it?? he asked.

?What is what?? She asked coyly turning to face him again.

?Why are you smiling??

?Nothing.? Jaina said as she turned her face away from him, hoping he would drop the line of questioning.

?You rarely smile, you usually smirk; it is impossible for ?it? to be nothing.? He heard Jaina mumble something into his chest. ?I apologize, I did not quite??

?I said you smell nice.?

He could not help but laugh at her statement. ?It?s been two days since my last shower. How can I smell nice?? He stopped laughing once he saw the shocked look on her face. ?What is it??

?You?re laughing, you?re sleeping in, and you just used a contraction.? She responded in a tone of mock fright and shock.

?Meaning?? he asked.

?You?re starting to act like the Corellian you supposedly are.? She replied.

?Very funny.? The silence then returned for another few minutes.

?Jag??

?Yes??

Jaina paused before quietly asking the question she dreaded, ?Where did you go??

He couldn?t help but notice that she avoided eye contact while asking the question. ?Jaina, look at me.?

Reluctantly, she turned her eyes to meet his. It almost made him sick to see fear and doubt in her brown eyes. ?In you message you seemed unsure whether or not I still loved you.?

?This isn?t an answer to my question.?

?I will answer you in a minute, this needs said now. Jaina Solo, from the moment I first saw you, I knew I would never be able to fully live again without you. I knew I had to do whatever necessary to make you happy, and I had yet to shake your hand or hear your voice. Jaina, do not ever doubt again whether or not you have a place in my heart.? He stopped when her face began to show nervousness. ?What is it??

?Nothing. That just sounded like, I don?t know??

?The beginning of a marriage proposal??

?Yes.?

?Not yet.? He replied. Before she could respond in any way to his comment, he continued. ?I was on Csilla. My friend was dying; I went to care for her.?

?Oh Jag, I?m so sorry. I had no idea.? Flashes burst into her mind of a Chiss woman, the feeling of friendship, and bitterness at a disease that could be so cruel. They had both lost friends to instantaneous death in the war, but she had never experienced death drawn out in such a manner. She had come close with her Aunt Mara, but thankfully it hadn?t happened. Unsure of what to say next, she asked, ?What was she like??

He sighed and attempted to configure the proper answer while fighti

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    *grabs first post*

I'll reply as soon as I read it. :p

EDIT: AWWW!! [face_love] Very sweet. [face_love] But :eek: ! Not yet?! WTH is that?? *pouts* Got me all excited... *grumble* :p

I guess it's okay that he wasn't proposing just yet, seeing as that was their first actual conversation in years. ;) I can't wait for the dinner though. [face_love]

*waits on the edge of her seat* :p

19. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    awesome! and, good girl Jaina! Mom will clean you up real purty-like!

20. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    This story is so good!! I loved the post and I can't wait to see Jaina and Jag on their date[face_love]

21. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! :D

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I don't know what the sudden obsession about posting in color is, but I'm more than willing to acquiesce. :D

Great post! You opened the scene very well, and closed it with just a hint of mystery and suspense. :) You worked the dialogue even better the second time around. The actual images of the interaction were very clear in my mind. (Note to self/Padawan: That's a lot of power to have. Be careful how you use it, and who you teach it to. :p )

Ok, so Nawra was a scamp and lied. :p Kinda expected it from her. (But did she REALLY lie? Or did she have a second messaging account and STILL plans to forward the love letters to Wyn and Soontir, just for laughs from the after-life??? [face_devil] ).

Have fun in Cincy (I assume is short for Cincinatti?)!

~*~Austyn

PS- I'm coming to the realization that I'm at a sore disadvantage in the contest of making intelligent replies, seeing as I give you my reply with the beta. :p

23. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Awww.... :)
    Loved all the mushiness of waking up together. Very sweet.
    And he's going to make her dinner!!!! *swoons*
    Where do I find one of those Jag type of guys???
    Great job, I look forward to reading the next part. :)
    -Zetta

24. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Get out your sunglasses everybody!

Great post! I love Jaina's reaction to Jag acting human.

Not yet. Aww, man! You had me all worked up for nothing! Well, atleast it will happen eventually.

Have fun in Cinci! I went there in spring on my band trip. It would've been fun were it not for our new band director!! Gah, he's such a dumba--dumbbutt!!

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great post! It's good to see them talking... Can't wait for the next!
    --Wynssa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.