main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fix You -- J/J, AU Post-NJO -- COMPLETE 11/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sensing her confusion and possible dread of what the outcome of the meal may be, he said, ?We both inherited our cooking skills from our mothers, the difference is my mother can cook.?

[face_laugh]

?Mom? I need your help.?

With . . . the outfit?

Great post!! Very sweet :)

Meh, don't worry. Indy's boring.

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Nawra said that if I avoided a face-to-face conversation with you within on month?s time after her death, she would send my private messages to and from you to my younger sister.? If she is dead... how could she? I could have missed some detail though. It has been a long day.

Cook her dinner, then propose. Great post! Have fun!

3. Rebel-at-Heart

Rebel-at-Heart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2005
    ?I do not. The two of you in the same room has no possible good outcome for me.?
    I love it! [face_laugh]

Jaina is unusually patient with Jag here, but I like it. The suspense builds.

I hope Lake Cumberland was fun and I'll be watching for the next post.

4. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!!! Wahoo! [face_dancing]

Loved the posts, Fatty. I can't wait to see the dinner - well, I HOPE that we get to see the dinner...

~Myra

5. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww that was very sweet! Good dialogue!

6. Audwin

Audwin Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    its uh, alright but im not sure where your going with it. it seems a bit forced but i like it.

7. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yay!!!!

Mush! Yep, mush!! 8-} [face_dancing] :D

?You?re laughing, you?re sleeping in, and you just used a contraction.? She responded in a tone of mock fright and shock.

?Meaning?? he asked.

?You?re starting to act like the Corellian you supposedly are.? She replied.

?Very funny.?

[face_laugh] LOL, I thought it was!

?I wish I could?ve met her.?

Jag spun the chair around to face her, ?I do not. The two of you in the same room has no possible good outcome for me.?

[face_mischief] [face_devil] I think Jag Fel is man enough for the both of us, I mean, for the two of them [face_blush] :p [face_batting]

?We both inherited our cooking skills from our mothers, the difference is my mother can cook.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Jaina... or is it poor Leia?

That was lovely, BF! Very sweet and romantic. And filled with your usual brand of humor.

Can't wait for more! :D

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Jag spun the chair around to face her, ?I do not. The two of you in the same room has no possible good outcome for me.?

[face_laugh] Too true.

:_| I miss Nawra.

?We both inherited our cooking skills from our mothers, the difference is my mother can cook.? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I hope Jaina doesn't mention that to her mother.

Another beauty BF. I hope your weekend was great and look forward to the next installment.

9. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Greetings all! I'm back from my delightful vacation :cool: I'll be back in a bit with response to comments, once I feel like I'm not on a boat anymore. See you in a bit.

10. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Glad you had a good time, Fatty! :D

11. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Reply time!

J&J: First, thanks for the good feeling you gave me to see that as soon as I posted the post, you had already replied. :)

AWWW!! Very sweet.

But! Not yet?! WTH is that?? *pouts* Got me all excited... *grumble*

Yes, I know that was mean of me [face_devil]

I guess it's okay that he wasn't proposing just yet, seeing as that was their first actual conversation in years. I can't wait for the dinner though.

Yes, talking needs to happen first.

Zonoma: awesome!

Thank you :)

Cheersweetie: This story is so good!! I loved the post and I can't wait to see Jaina and Jag on their date

s_skywalker: WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're enjoying yourself :)

Austyn: I don't know what the sudden obsession about posting in color is, but I'm more than willing to acquiesce.

It's just so much easier now that their on the post-writing-whatever-its-called page.

Great post! You opened the scene very well, and closed it with just a hint of mystery and suspense. You worked the dialogue even better the second time around. The actual images of the interaction were very clear in my mind.

Thank you, and an even bigger thank you for the help. [:D]

Ok, so Nawra was a scamp and lied. Kinda expected it from her.

Lying is such a harsh word :p

Have fun in Cincy

Oh I did ;)

I'm coming to the realization that I'm at a sore disadvantage in the contest of making intelligent replies, seeing as I give you my reply with the beta.

I'll take replies no matter where they come from.

zettazofia: Great post! I love Jaina's reaction to Jag acting human.

Wyn: Great post! It's good to see them talking... Can't wait for the next!

Thank you :)

NYCitygurl: Great post!! Very sweet

Meh, don't worry. Indy's boring.

Oh child, you have no idea.

FelsGoddess: Cook her dinner, then propose. Great post! Have fun!

We'll see, thank you, and I did :)

Rebel-at-Heart: First, welcome to the story thread! [:D]

Jaina is unusually patient with Jag here, but I like it. The suspense builds.

She can't get too mad at him at their first meeting.

Myra: Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!!! Wahoo!

Haha, glad I could make you use the dancing smiley.

Loved the posts, Fatty. I can't wait to see the dinner - well, I HOPE that we get to see the dinner...

Elfsheen: Awww that was very sweet! Good dialogue!

Thank you very much :)

Audwin: Yet another new reader, welcome to the thread!

its uh, alright but im not sure where your going with it. it seems a bit forced but i like it.

Glad you like it. I'm a newbie to this writing thing, so I'm not where I would like to be, but thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

Red: Mush! Yep, mush!!

Finally! :p

That was lovely, BF! Very sweet and romantic. And filled with your usual brand of humor.

Thank you very much :D

Lola: I miss Nawra.

:( I'm sorry

Another beauty BF. I hope your weekend was great and look forward to the next installment.

Whew! A lot of replies, which I love, and a lot of stuff for me to do, which I don't love.

First, thank you all so much for well wishes about my weekend. It was a wonderful and much-needed getaway.

Second, I have a lot of things going on right now: work, bridesmaid duties, studying for the GRE. I will honestly do my best to write and get things posted as fast as I can, but this is going to be a hectic next couple

12. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Good morning!

Just a few notes:

1) Due to technological difficulties (PCs suck), the next post will be up when it goes through beta and sticks around instead of disappearing into nothingness.

2) Today is the last day to vote in the SFFA (Summer FanFic Awards). If you haven't done so, please do. I know it looks intimidating, but it's really not. All votes need to be in by midnight boardtime. If you have any questions about the process, you can look around the Writer's Resource Forum, or you can ask me and I'll try to help.

3) This story has been moved to the AU category due to the release of TJK. I always thought about writing AU, just never thought I'd be defaulted into the realm. Oh well.

Have a great Friday, and I'll let you all know when the next post is up.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh child, you have no idea.

'Course I do--I live there 8-}

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    What? I guess I just assumed due to your screenname that you were in NYC. Oops. So yes, then you do understand and feel my pain. If you're ever on the southside, give me a wave.

15. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Yay we get to see the dinner! Wahoo!

(You two confuse me. 8-} )

16. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Forgot to mention, the post will be up sometime tonight. Not quite to the dinner yet, but we'll get there.

And Myra, it's really just easier trying not to follow a conversation comprised of Hoosiers. Trust me.

17. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Not quite the dinner? Is it Jaina having a panic attack because she's going to the dinner? :p

(And I've had convos with people with the same icon. Confused myself. :p )

18. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Oh, I LOVE [face_love] LOVE :* LOVE this!!

Cannot possibly wait any longer than absolutely necessary to read the next post - I'll be watching for it!!

Great job.

oldj

19. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Myra: Not quite the dinner? Is it Jaina having a panic attack because she's going to the dinner?

No panic attack, just some primping, musing, and mother-daughter bonding.

oldj: Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!

Thank you :D

Cannot possibly wait any longer than absolutely necessary to read the next post - I'll be watching for it!!

I'll do my best to satisfy your request.

And, once again, glad to see you around again and to hear that you're recovering well. :)

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Massive thanks to Austyn for all her troubles in getting this done. It is appreciated mucho. :)

Here you go:

Jaina closed the message to her mother, ate a quick lunch of leftover ration bars, and got herself cleaned up. She pulled on a clean white tank, a pair of gray pants and a black jacket. She then shoved similar clothes and flightsuits out of the way so she could have access to the back corner of her closet. She reached for a certain garment and hoped it would still fit.

Jaina had bought the dress on a whim while on some planet whose name she had forgotten; the purchase had been made two weeks before the war ended. Jag had always said one of the first things he was going to do when the war was over would to take Jaina out to the nicest restaurant near their location. There they would have their first official date as a couple who no longer had to keep their relationship a secret.

This was the dress she had planned to wear to dinner. Two years later, it had never received the opportunity to be showcased until tonight.

Jaina felt no regret over the matter. No, they hadn?t gone out to dinner when the war finished. No, they had never made their relationship public. And no, they wouldn?t be at some fancy restaurant tonight, but that was okay. She didn?t want to have to deal with first date jitters and people gawking at her and Jag while they talked and had dinner.

She gently folded the dress and put it in a bag she slung over her shoulder. Leaving her apartment and beginning the fifteen minute walk to her parents? place, she began to thing about what this?her relationship with Jag?would do to her family.

Her father would no doubt have a fit. He would rant and rave about how Jag had ?abandoned? Jaina and never said a word to her for two years. It didn?t matter that Jag had left for noble and sincere reasons, or that Jaina didn?t talk to him till a month ago. All that mattered to her father was that Jag had left. Even if it hadn?t happened that way, Jaina was sure that her father would find something wrong with Jag. Deciding that she could do nothing more than make sure Han wouldn?t pull any punches?or blasters?when Jag was around, she shrugged the matter off until the occasion arrived.

As for Jacen, Jaina assumed he would take the news well. He would probably need to meditate on the matter, but Jaina figured he would be fine with the relationship. And if she had to guess, the reason Jacen had been coming off as being surprised and closed the other day in their twin bond was because he had run into Jag before she had.

As for her mother, well, that was the reaction she dreaded the most. Yes, her father might want to kill Jag, but Leia would try to kill Jaina with wedding planning. Not that there was an official reason for there to be wedding planning, but Jaina had a feeling it wouldn?t be long until there was one. After all, Jag has said, ?Not yet.?

Approaching her parents? place, she probed with the Force to identify the occupants; she only picked up a warm glow that was becoming irritated: her mother dealing with Threepio. Entering the passcode, she entered the place her parents were starting to call home.

?Mom?? Jaina asked. She didn?t need to find her mother?s location; she knew where Leia was. Jaina was announcing her presence even though she knew her mother would?ve been keeping a lookout for her given the nature of Jaina?s visit.

?Back here,? Leia called from the bedroom. Jaina entered the room to see her mother, wearing a simple green blouse with brown pants and hair pulled back in a single braid down her back, setting up a miniature salon at the vanity.

?You know, I reserve the right to back out of this at any moment.? Jaina said, eyeing the various containers of makeup and tools for styling hair.

?Oh hush,? Leia responded. ?Please tell me you haven?t wadded up whatever you?re wearing tonight in that sack.? Noting Jaina?s slightly embarrassed look, she gingerly rook the bag from Jaina and removed its conte

21. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *snag* First postie!

:)

[face_blush]

[face_batting]

:D

:*

[face_love]

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

Great post! Loved Leia's response. As long as Jaina's happy, she's happy. Now, Han...that could be interesting (as usual!).

Thanks for posting so quickly - made my day!

oldj

22. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    :p at Oldj

No panic attack, just some primping, musing, and mother-daughter bonding.
    Well, I was going to say that mother-daughter bonding with Jaina and Leia is usually cause to run away, but this seems to have turned out quite nicely. :p

Great work, Fatty!

~Myra

23. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great post! Can't wait to see the big date.

24. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great update.

I like when Jaina and her mother get along. They don't have to be all gushy, just as long as one's not hating the other, you know?

And by the way, when Threepio's done, you think he can do a couple of shirts for me? They're in the closet, all wrinkled. I'll bring them down.

Can't wait to see Han's response. I'm not worried. He likes Jag, just hates his dad, that's all.

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww... The mother/daughter bit was great. Hopefully Han doesn't kill Jag when he finds out about them...Leia'll have to make sure to take his blaster beforehand! Great post!
    --Wynssa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.