main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Flash - - - Aaah!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Lava_Twilight, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lava_Twilight

Lava_Twilight Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2007
    [image=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2280/kiadijo3.jpg]

I created this in Macromedia Flash Professional 8. It's supposed to be Ki-Adi, but whether or not it's spot on is a different thing altogether. I'm still new to the whole flash thing, but when I get a wacom tablet, I think I'll begin producing a lot better works.

Anyway, hello to all of you!

:)

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi there Lava_Twilight, and welcome to the Fan Art forum! This is a wonderful portrait of Ki Adi Mundi--nice detailing and a good likeness! I don't know anything about Flash, but it would be wonderful if you could add in some shadowing/shading to this--it would really make him "pop!" A very nice piece, though, just as it is--we hope you'll put up some more when you can! Again--welcome!

FF

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Weeeeee!! I love Ki Adi therefore this piece is automatically awesome. That, and it's very well done. Good job, and I look forward to seeing more stuff... :)

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Lava! [:D]
    Welcome to Fanarts!

Ki Adi-Mundi looks awesome! [face_love] You can recognise him easily. Very clean lines, I love it! =D=

Will we get to see more of your work soon?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, Lava_Twilight! :D

Very nice rendition of Ki-Adi. As others have already said, he's instantly recognizable and great job keeping everything nice and clean. Although, I have to admit, using Flash is an interesting method to achieve this effect. It almost looks like you could've done the same with Illustrator. But since you did do it in Flash, do you have any plans to animate Ki-Adi in a mini-movie? ;)

6. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Looking good! I never got the hang of Flash, but Illustrator's not far off in terms of non-animating. Didn't have to tell me it's Ki-Adi, that's a great pic of him! :)

7. Lava_Twilight

Lava_Twilight Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2007
    Thanks Falcon_Fan, I think shading is a necessity in portraits, as it functions well in facial definition. I'll try and work on that, but I'm trying to work on a way of identifying which bits of the face need shading and which bits don't.

Yeah, Sith_Lord_Gunray - Ki-adi rocks out loud. He was killed off too easily. ._. I'll get some more up as soon as possible. College takes up a lot of my time, at the moment.

You're too kind Chilla. I'm very new to the scene of Flash itself, so I'm glad you were able to decipher what I was going for. :p

Han, it's very nice of you to come in and check out my works - you're the power in the art forums, are you not? :) I don't use illustrator that much, mostly because the lines are hard to achieve and I see it as more of a industrial and business tool for labelling and that sort of thing, I'm really un-experienced at it. I'm even worse at animating, I think I know about as much as making a button work. :oops:

Cheers to you aswell Basement24, as I said before, I don't use illustrator much. I'm glad you were able to make him out well enough though.

I'll try and get some more up soon though, and hopefully, it'll be Vader if time permits. Thanks to all of you, and when I get more availability on my hands, I'll be sure to check out everyone's art works.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.