main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flash In A Pan~ One-Shot, Ben/OC, a little humor with a side of nerfsteak

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Title: Flash In A Pan
    Author: Jack
    Definition of Flash In A Pan: a thing or person whose sudden but brief success is not repeated or repeatable.
    Summary: This is a very short one-shot about Ben Skywalker and his wife who can?t cook.
    Disclaimer: Don?t own SW

"I'm doing it!"

"What?" Ben Skywalker asked, looking up from his holozine.

His wife smiled and answered, "Cooking!"

?Cooking. You mean putting frozen meals in the processor? Or manual cooking where this apartment is at extreme risk of burning down?? Ben said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. The last time Melinda cooked by hand, the airbread was crisp, the chilled tangerette juice was frozen solid and soup burned everyone?s tongues off. Melinda was uh... not a good cook. She knew it, but would never stopped using the stove. She never gave up. And Ben liked that about her, but Ben wouldn't mind her giving up cooking. He liked takeout dinners.

Then he saw Melinda bring him a plate of unburnt nerfsteak. Stunned he stared at it, mouthwatering. How could she...

"You made this?" Maybe it was a trick.

She nodded. "Yeah. I found this interesting recipe."

"How ?bout some greens as well?" He asked, taking another bite of the hot savory steak. It tasted alright with a hint of spice, and was tender enough to chew. He was surprised by this. He have expected it to be tough with smokey taste. Or more likely, nonexistent.

"Sure." She walked into the kitchen with such confidence, Ben was sure her days of awful cooking was over.

Suddenly after five minutes, Ben caught at the corner of his blue eyes a flash, and then reeking burnt smell of greens. Oh well...

"I guess that was a flash in the pan,? Ben said, eating his dinner. Melinda could only laugh (a bit annoyed by Ben?s joke as well) as she ordered takeout for herself.

So what do you think? [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.