main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Flashbacks! and new things...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by td741, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Thats right, I remember you telling me about
    the SFX last year. I missed you guys as I was only there briefly on the Friday. Off
    the topic, my Star Wars room is almost finished. I have added several more cabinets.
    I have to make space for EP2 and 3 you know...

2. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Hmm....don't forget the times you *almost* missed your bus stop.... ;)

As for SFX, guess who saved the Motley Bunch of Would-be Lost Darksiders (TM) by pointing out the right way to the car? :p

Mike, so is the Maul saber properly displayed now and when are you getting an Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon saber? ;D

3. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    Oh no... repressed SFX memories comming back! Ack.... the room is starting to spin. :p

Yeah, nice hazing I got, first time out in public in my own costume.

Ugh... I remember getting back to the parking garage. It came down to wall colours, what Moose were on the street, and ads we recognized along the way. 'oi!

Oh, Mike, if you get the Qui and Obi sabres, make sure to install the drool guard if Av visits! :p

4. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    I was at SFX (well, more CNAnime than SFX, but whatever) and I saw your skit... cute... I came over to greet you kids, since I haven't seen you since lining up for TPM... I turned around to tell the guy I was crashing with where I was going, turned around AGAIN and y'all had sodded off on me.

Gave me a conniption... or... not. ^^;

5. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry, but we were pretty much all tired from standing in line. We were in the dealers area for a few hours prior as well... ;)

6. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Though you might have caught us in the parking garage had you known where it was (heck, we didn't!) -- they spent ages changing back into street clothes. :D

7. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    That sounds a bit like something that happened to me recently. I was in Toronto last weekend for a job seminar thingy, and I was assured that the hotel was within 'walking distance' of the meeting center.

In fact it was 15 (to 25 minute depending on the traffic) drive away from the Hotel.

Walking would have taken at least an hour and half. (shudder)

Luckily I was able to get a ride, although there were those two times he got los- Ahem, took the scenic route ;)

Joseph
    krax@home.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.