main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is it 2.2km of 1km? For example.

But GG was mad, mad I tell you.

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    From here;
    The Eclipse

In construction for almost as long as either Death Star, the Eclipse is a massive capital ship orbiting the planet Byss. Almost unimaginable in length and unparalleled in firepower, the Eclipse is the largest Star Destroyer ever built, dwarfing the Super Star Destroyers and bearing within its arsenal a superlaser capable of cracking the crust of most planets. The interior of the Eclipse resembles the interior of a Star Destroyer, but also contains docking bays and repair facilities like those found on space platforms. An orbital battlestation in its own right, meetings between the Grand Admirals and other important business of the Imperial Navy take place in one of the many war rooms aboard the massive capital ship. The Eclipse is a permanent fixture in the skies above Byss, an imposing visage and display of the Imperial Navy's might.
    This was put online in April, but I'm throwing it up here now because of the statement that these ships were "In construction for almost as long as either Death Star"...

Given the way things look to be shaping up for the Death Stars...

... is it far too cheeky for me to cut the Gordian knot, and suggest that the Eclipse-class Star Destroyers are actually the Mandator-II Star Dreadnaughts? o_O [face_thinking] :p

[face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Don't forget that fleet icon from the other's first page too!

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Taken care of ::)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ooooh pretty sticker.

Okay, so this Mark II is just a transition version to the bigger and better thread, huh? Sort of how the Victory-II never really caught on. :p

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
  7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, how about we all propose titles for the new thread? Then we can all vote on the one that we wish to be the official title for our new home. :)

Think of this thread as the "Provisional Council" of the Fleet Junkies. Once we select a title and designate a person to start this new thread, then we can all come up with a nice little introduction to the thread. If anyone has any good ideas for a introduction, please post them here.

My title choice is The Capital Ship Thread- Fleet Junkies HO!, the mess continues...

So, lets get to discussing!

--Adm. Nick

8. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    What's wrong with this thread?

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    For those of us who were here since the begining, it was always hoped that the second edition to this thread would have some great intro. Furthermore, we had mentioned in the past of working on a great title that we all agreed with. Since the Mods decided to close our old thread without a warning, it seems prudent to me to have all Fleet Junkies give some input on the title and opening to the new thread. :)

--Adm. Nick

10. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Fleet Junkie Acadmey: Messing with Capital Ships

Fleet Junkie Harbour: Capital Ships Ahoy

(with Australian spelling!)

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I object to the use of the partisan term 'Provisional Council' :p ;)

Hmm. The thing about a capital ships thread is that we sometimes discuss fighters and smaller vessels too, not just the capital ships.

12. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

And torpedoes and system specs and the occasional Enterprise-E. Must we title that too, or just an overview, Admiral?

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Jello:

I knew you would love the term Provisional Council. ;)

Though you and Excellence brign up an excellent point about the fact that we discuss many other topics besides capital warships. I suppose we could try to come up with a title that is "all inclusive". It would then make clear to new posters that our discussion topics are very diverse.

How about something like Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA

--Adm. Nick

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    :p *appoints self as the Imperial consul to the Provisional Council* :p

Hmm, that one works. I like the 'flagship' bit.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We don't need a new thread- I can edit the thread title and first post with whatever content you guys wish to add.

If you want to expand beyond even just Capital Ships (though didn't we have a starfighter thread?), then perhaps "Starship Discussion"?

16. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    H.I.M.S. Fleet Junkie - Every Armada's Essential Flagship

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    The2ndQuest:

I know that you have the power to do that, but then this threads first page will be cluttered with this discussion. The nice thing about a new thread is that we can get off to a clean start. Furthermore, we can "launch" the new thread with all the fanfare and pomp that it deserves. :)

And, no matter what we end up doing, I am sure that you will make sure we have our official logo and phrase.

"Fleet, Fleet, Fleet Junkies. HO!"

:D

I do miss the wonderful cartoons from the 1980's...

--Adm. Nick

EDIT:

Kudzu:

I don't like the "HIMS" anymore than a Imperial fan would like "NRS" or "RSS". If we do go for a ship sounding title, we need it to be neutral, not pro-Imp or pro-NR. :)

18. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    S.S. Fleet Junkie - Every Armada's Essential Flagship

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I do miss the wonderful cartoons from the 1980's...<<

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009IW8AI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg]

20. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    How about The Pan-Galactic Fleet R&D Plexus.

Thundercats are obviously a rip off of Catuman Warriors. Marvel did it all first;)

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Nick...
    "Since the Mods decided to close our old thread without a warning"

Without warning. There were 260 posts worth of warnings. [face_thinking]

22. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Yeah! In Rogue Leader #1, Ten Numb not only survived the Battle of Endor but was promoted to Blue Leader!
    I guess that means the original Blue Leader died in the Battle. Whoever he/she was.

Again, anyone recognize the starfighters on the cover of Outbound Flight.

23. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Starduster, from Empire Jabiim arc--what class is that nifty Rebel shuttle? And is Nara Dantels a Kiffar?

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Nice one, 2ndQuest. Reminds me of that little Thundercat t-shirt of mine. Stopped wearing it when fellow kids started cheering at the sight of it. The look on their mothers' face, I still remember 20yrs later. [face_laugh]

25. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    At last! A hint to Excellence's actual age! [face_thinking] :p

Stardusters were mentioned in one of the "emails" in X-wing Alliance, I beleive. It was implied that they were vintage starfighters, like the Z-95. But I don't think they're the same as that shuttle.

*Drools over all the awesomeness of XWA*