main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

I want to draw special attention here to the attack squadron of Z-95s in Republic colors. Look guys, it's everything we thought the Clone Wars would be 15 years ago!

Gorefiend and Iron_lord like this.
  2. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    As the fighting went on, there might have been another Subjugator shown in TCW; though with saying that, the CIS is generally well represented with serious combat ships (either the CIS in unique or most of the EU has kinda been going on an incorrect interpretation of what was seen in the ST, which in a way, seems to be the case. 2-3 kilometer long ships are abundant with the CIS with their smallest line ship being 1 km. -- I don't think the CIS is unique).

I actually don't mind the later battles they've shown, and I saw them getting better and better, just that they were showing less of the actual battle; the battle over Umbara, the Sullust action, the Citadel, and the ambush on Obi-Wan's battle group in the padawan episodes were quite good, visually. Though the episodes with relatively long range exchanges were better to me, such as episode 6 (I don't even mind the tanks taking out unshielded frigates like most seem to -- tanks are designed to fire armor piercing ammunition, and if they can get through the hull and set something off..., boom).

I just wished they showed Acclamator ships shooting; I guess they truly were unarmed.

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The X-wings in ANH did the same thing, they boiled off the outer layers of the battle station's hull. The Falcon used concussion missiles and Wedge's X-wing used proton torpedos against the DSII main reactor's hull in ROTJ. Seeing tanks do something similar to capital ships, on their unprotected portions, in TCW, isn't inconsistent with the films. The common denominator is that the target is either unshielded or lightly shielded.

Acclamators fired shots at the Battle of Kamino and the Battle of Sullust, iirc.

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You do know the Z-95 gets used a lot in the later part of TCW, right?

5. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    Nope. Everything comes from Venators at Kamino and Venators and Arquitens at Sullust (you see an Arquitens letting off through a window just after the Venator gets it).

6. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    I think that it was awesome that they included the Z-95s into the series. They were always my favorite fighter from since the early days of the EU (I was always more of a warship person though, so the Dreadnaught CAs were my overall back in the school days).

7. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  8. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    It's the T.I.E Fighter! Finally!

Actually, what's funny is that an XWA mod had chosen that McQuarrie(sp?) drawn TIE as the TIE l/n precursor a long time ago.

9. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Wouldn't it be the Imperial-era TIE starfighter and not the Republic-era T.I.E. starfighter?
    Also, the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced isn't an x1 model. :cool:

darthscott3457 likes this.
  10. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Looks pretty cool, though to me the Inquisitor TIE Advanced looks different on the box behind it. I wonder what it lacks over the X1, hyperdrive maybe?

11. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    It looks more like a Rebels version of the TIE starfighter, but with curved wings, like the Sith Infiltrator.

12. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    The curved wing one is the regular TIE starfighter.

The Inquisitor TIE "Advanced" is actually the model that becomes the TIE L/N. (or it's very close to the same)

This picture makes that clear.

[​IMG]

Kewl. I've never said kewl about the Clone Wars because nothing was kewl in that series.

13. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Thanks, that makes a lot more sense

14. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    You be crazy, man. Crazy.

Arquitens. All of Umbara. Z-95; precursor Y-Wing; massive Sep. warships; Mil. Consulars; Malevolence; more of the Givinex and Nantex fighters. Trident assault ships (space squid!), and on and on and on and on.

Seriously. There's so much awesome mechanics in TCW that it ain't funny.

AdmiralWesJanson and Mange like this.
  15. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm an old and curmudgeony viewer.

This bit of continuity is the best thing they've accomplished in a long while.

16. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    The artificial ringed planet. The white dots along the ring are from a rather serious naval battle.

[​IMG]

17. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Is that from the sixth season of TCW?

18. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    Yep. It's from the first arc (the order 66 revelation one). I got some screens from a stream; some more:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the rather large Republic fleet and the Predator droid (she ain't just atmo capable).

AdmiralNick22 and Mange like this.
  19. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Thanks! There are at least 15 Venator-class Star Destroyers present. Interesting...

20. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    It seems like there's at least 15; this is what appears to be the main body of the fleet after they pulled back due to some story stuff (there's also Arquitens, Consulars and Acclamators around). A serious amount of firepower, and it's not said to be anything special in regards to buildup (though my German ain't the best). There's several Sep. Dreadnoughts (like Invincible), a few heavy destroyers and some frigates on the other side of the planet.

[​IMG]

That's all I managed to get.

Mange likes this.
  21. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    To add,

Kamino seems to have a couple of Venators in station keeping above the city (hovering on repulsors). Which makes sense given its importance.

The Kamino transport pods are amazingly cool (the egg shaped small craft); they're fast as hell. Easily moving several times the speed of sound in atmo.

22. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Awesome ringworld. Makes the two Death Stars miniscule in comparison. ;)

So, it wasn't Kuat, then?

Mange and darthscott3457 like this.
  23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Very nice image. Fleets that large were rarely seen in TCW, so it is nice to see such a large formation of capital ships. I think the only other time we have seen that many VenStars together was during the Kamino battle arc, where there was like a dozen of them in a line, IIRC.

Be interesting to see what planet that ends up being.

--Adm. Nick

Mange likes this.
  24. anotherdemon

Apr 29, 2013
    Apparently a Separatist world ("ringed world"); I couldn't catch a name.

It's ambiguous regarding who ends up in control of it. Thought it appears that the Republic has the larger force in space.

The ring itself is probably about half a Venator wide.

Mange likes this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Neat - which reminds me:

I saw this again the other day, and between that and the battles of Solomon and A Bao Qu in Gundam, I think Star Wars needs more giant space stations - they serve as neat set pieces for fleet battles.