main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

I would think so since there looks like there are two of them, one red and one blue, in that picture.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm 100% for this, as I have always liked the Corellian Gunship. In fact, whenever we get Corellian connections to the Alliance, I'm a happy camper. :)

--Adm. Nick

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Then I also see YKL-37R Nova Couriers. But what's the Calamarian (?) design right under the DP20s?

4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

It's not Calamarian. It is another Nova Courier. Just at an angle that makes it look vaguely BSG-esque.

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    According to Leland Chee's Twitter, all names remain the same unless otherwise noted. That's why there's an influx of names on Wookieepedia that haven't been in canon sources yet. No need to overcomplicate things.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Rebel Fleet, Lego Version: [​IMG]

7. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Sigh. At this point I'm just waiting for the news that the upcoming animation series is another parody one. Detours, Lego, Family Guy, Robot Chicken. Give me a break.

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Is this from Freemakers?

--Adm. Nick

9. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup. Their ship is going the opposite direction.

10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    So... I just discovered that the IncrediBuilds collection of wood model kits has a Star Wars series. The really interesting part is that each of those models has a 32-page booklet written by Michael Kogge, containing both in-universe data and behind-the-scenes elements.

Posting a few pics under a spoiler tag because they're big:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I also noticed that the maximum speed in space is measured in G. Could a science nerd explain to a humanities nerd like me how it works?

King of Alsakan and Karl0413 like this.
  11. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Sounds like it's just acceleration with no fixed top-speed in numbers.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Falcon length (34.37m) is the one from Legends (Millennium Falcon Owners Workshop Manual) rather than new canon's 34.55m (Incredible Cross Sections: TFA). Still, when you're dealing with only a few cm difference, that can be put down to slight modifications of the prow between movies.

13. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Not to mention that the Databank gives a third measure, 37.75 m.

More importantly, Kogge told me on Twitter that his booklets have some new details scattered throughout.

I think that the Glucon Crx-9 targeting computer that equips Vader's TIE Advanced is new (in Legends, it was a T-s8). And there are obscure references to early EU as well: the Millennium Falcon's original Class 1 hyperdrive was jury-rigged "Vandangante style" to Class 0.5.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    34.75. I think that was the figure in the 3d pop-up book, and where the Databank got it. Sometimes things just don't get updated for a long time.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Does anyone have any screen caps of the Rebel Fleet from Star Wars Lego: Droid Tales. IIRC, they had some really good looking Mon Cala cruisers, which aren't easy to make out of Legos (unless you're a true master with $1000's of dollars to spend on pieces).

--Adm. Nick

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, they goofed. That's supposed to be a measurement of maximum acceleration, with "1 G" being the same as "1x the acceleration due to gravity on Earth".

17. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
  18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Which is why I keep telling the guys at WP that the "Super Star Destroyer" article should be kept separate from the "Executor-class Star Dreadnought". But they won't listen.

King of Alsakan and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This is only what I have been saying since the SSD numbers were given. It's 13 SSDs of various types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Might not be a big difference though - could be the newcanon equivalent of the Intimidator's extra shield generator in Legends.

Might have to wait and see if it'll turn out that the Annihilator is the same length and shape as the Executor, or not.

21. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Maybe the standard Executor-class is 17.6 km long, while they increased the size of Vader's personal space-cab to 19 klicks. Similar happened before with the Eclipse. [face_whistling]

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically it's Tagge's personal space-cab :D

Though I suppose that, prior to ANH, it could be that it was being built to be Vader's, but it was confiscated from him and alloted to Tagge along with Tagge's Grand General promotion.

According to Wookieepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor/Legends

After the decision was made to give the Executor a more prominent role in The Empire Strikes Back due to the great impression the model made on the production team when filmed, ILM constructed three additional models.[7]

there were a total of four Executor models built. Variation in them might explain different proportions in some of the shots - the tail looks 1/4 the Executor's length in some shots and closer to 1/3 its length in others.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I wonder if this ties into the old canon that 4 Executor class ships were built in the initial run...

Tzizvvt78 and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm curious as to whether the commissioner of some of Fractalsponge's pieces is Lucasfilm itself (or FFG) - it'd be good if we get a newcanon Vehicles & Vessels book full of this kind of art and technical details.

Newest seems to be the Victory:

Fractalsponge Vicstar

King of Alsakan likes this.
  25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Don't get my hopes up too much, or the disappointment will be awful.
    This make me think: have we ever seen a full Tector-class Star Destroyer? Of course, we know one of the difference with the Imperial-class is the lack of a ventral bulb and a hangar, but I assume it can't be the only distinguishing feature of the Tector-class.

Iron_lord likes this.