main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    I don't think Fractal used an official vessel as inspiration and just took a greek letter for his own design.

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The old Mu is basically a kitbashed Lambda, while most of the other shuttle designs we have seen are more distinct, so an effort was made to make it look more unique. Almost a blend of a Delta DX-9 stormtrooper transport with an Eta shuttle style cockpit and Lambda wings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

His Victory seems to be progressing well too - though, in the context of Rogue One (which continues to use the ISD1-style domes seen in ANH) - I'd say that maybe ISD2-style domes on a Victory-class are a bit anachronistic and that ISD1-style domes might fit better.

4. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    TIE Defenders are canon again! And I think I want Battlefront now...

NCISliar and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Now let's hope somebody actually bothers to do more with them beyond a pretty but plotless game.

6. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    TIE Defenders were already canon. They were included in Star Wars: Commander. That said, I'm excited to see them turn up again, especially with Battlefront's breathtaking graphics (Its lack of any plot and the fact that it's completely unplayable offline and in single player notwithstanding).

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That just furthers my previous point.

8. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    That part was directed at Wes saying they were canon again. I happen to share your disappointment with most Star Wars games lately.

9. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    I still watch YouTube vids of TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Rebel Assault, Dark Forces, etc. because that's the closest I can get to a Star Wars game with a solid plot anymore.

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, definitely looks lovely. I noticed a Liberty-type MC80 and a Nebbie in the background too. Do we know what world/system the battle takes place in? I'm assuming it's non-canon of course, but still interesting.

--Adm. Nick

11. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Probably around Geonosis, given the rings and red planet.

At least the elevator shafts in the DS hangar in this game have platforms that cover the entire circumference, so the hovering platform in ANH really was just that, a hovering platform and not part of the elevator itself. I'm a sucker for vehicle details like that. Been going amuck on the canon wiki with similar bg vehicle articles. I even made one on ROTJ's "Imperial transports" that were mentioned in the script, based on going frame by frame through each scene that shows the DSII from outside. ILM actually put some floating things next to the prop in two scenes. :p

12. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
  13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Did you notice the second page? ;)

[​IMG]

I spy with my little eye... a MC80 Home One-type Star Cruiser. :D

--Adm. Nick

King of Alsakan likes this.
  14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I'm not the biggest fan of the quality of the new Micro Machines compared to the classic ones. That said, I'm most interested in the Interdictor model.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm going to get at least two of that Interdictor set. Not especially bothered about any of the others though Ren's command shuttle being besides U-wings in Rebels is curious...
    Rax appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

I know, the quality is truly crap. Way more pliable, too easy to bend, and the material feels cheap. I still collect them, but they don't even look good when mixed with the classic Micro Machines. It will be interesting to see how the new HO compares to the old one. I can already tell the new one looks skinny.

--Adm. Nick

17. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    According to the new dice game Star Wars Destiny, they've also been involved in the battle of Jakku:
    Combat Training An Example of Gameplay in Star Wars: Destiny

Have we by the way seen any other Imperial transports besides Lambdas, Mus, Sentinels and Gozantis? Or have the Gozantis become the universal Imperial transport ships? I'm just asking because I loved how the intro movie for the video game Force Commander showed all these types of transports and how they unload their cargo.

18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    NCISliar The good old Delta-class DX-9 stormtrooper transport made a one-shot appearance in the first Star Wars Annual.

19. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    What is the top-right vessel in the first section of Micromachines (the one with the four folded wings) and what is the transport/tank above the black-white X-Wing (Skunk-Wing??? :D) in the middle section?

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Both seen in the various Rogue One trailers. ;) One appears to be a heavy Imperial cargo shuttle, the other is described as a hover-tank. The black & white stripped X-wing is described as a "Partisan X-wing", implying that it is not a formal Rebel X-wing, but potentially one of Saw Gererra's cell.

--Adm. Nick

King of Alsakan likes this.
  21. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Well, thanks to the season opening of Rebels we now know about another Imperial command:

The 7th Fleet, commanded by Thrawn.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My first thought is: MicroMachines still exist?

Darth Basin likes this.
  23. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    The Death Star's presence, in addition to the planet's general appearance and the ring around it, strongly suggest Geonosis. The battle itself is pretty cool, too. Starfighters supporting a Rebel raid just has a real "classic" feel to it, like the SpecForce mission out of WEG's Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

24. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
  25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Am I the only one who hates the closed wing X-wing Micro Machines. Who the hell wants toys in parked or cruising mode? :p

--Adm. Nick

Darth Basin likes this.