main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Legends they tended to be portrayed as more "pseudogravity" than "actual gravity". However, in I think FOTJ: Ascension, Daala's used its projectors like oversized tractor beams, to create a fortification from a small moon her enemies had shattered.

Vialco likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Then are we looking at the situation of the UH-1 Iroquois (military) and the Bell 204/205 (civilian). And the Rebels will refit it with the weapons they need to upgrade to a military standard.

Also..what about the UT-60A, B &C?? You could have older models without the avionics upgrades, using older less powerful laser cannons, etc...

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't think you can look at the Huey really, since the Vietcong if anyone would be the Rebels and the USA, the alliance. The deployment of forces and technology of the US would match that of the Empire, not the beset-upon rebels.

Is the Jakku comment based on the Poe Dameron comic?

4. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I am talking more along the lines of the UT-60D being the UH-1 and the BT-45D being the Bell 204/205.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  5. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    computer was set on burst.

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

The Kagcatcher. She used it to great effect in Apocalypse to trap ten squadrons of Fel's starfighters. Quite ingenious.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Fractalsponge

Fractalsponge Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2003
    I believe this will be of interest to some people here, for future projects if nothing else.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vialco, Darth Zack, Jedi Ben and 11 others like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    That is GORGEOUS, Fractal! Is that some new class of Star Cruiser you've designed, or your interpretation of an existing class?

--Adm. Nick

Vialco and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002

It's about time! All the begging for the MC90 to be finished must have paid off. I would love to see Fractal's interpretation of the MC80s.

11. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Fantastic job as usual. I am definitely more of fan of killer Imperial triangles, but that looks great.

A few more details from his webpage:

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    We haven't seen a lot of them yet...but I do get the feeling that will be popular enough in star wars media that eventually the limited production thing will be more a burden than a benefit. (Personally, I think it is ok to say we don't see them in the movies because we don't see many situations where they would help. Closest we get is the Endor raid, and then they needed an imperial shuttle to get past security)

Edit: Some cool R1 concept art of rebel carriers - https://www.instagram.com/p/BPSwLu_lQVh/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJ8tbwlNSe/

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  14. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    While I think the work done by FractalSponge is super-cool...I still think Mon Cal spacecraft look like flying metal pickles or bumpy turds. I'm glad the novel Aftermath - Book 2 - Life Debt hints at a New Galactic Republic capital ship made of former Imperial parts ( the Starhawk class battleship) that is not a Mon Cal design.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah but I don't see what I relaying from Witwer/Order 66 is any different to what Wikipedia says. They weren't produced, some fell into Bail's hands, but they were gone at Scarif. There's suggestion of one at Jakku, based on apparently someone using their engines to escape - except they have the same engines as an X-Wing. So...

But even still, there's a civilian model so you could easily just assume the NR, when it had production facilities of a functioning government, revived the project to fill a role for small scale dropships.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I still have a copy of KotOR #0 around somewhere. I miss KotOR. And the War miniseries was a wholly inadequate followup.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    War wasn't the best of KOTOR, but it's certainly not as bad as most are claiming imo.

JediBatman likes this.
  18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    For the standards of KotOR, it was pretty bad, maybe only the Vector mess was worse. Overall though, it was decent, better I think than most of Legacy. .

Darth_Duck likes this.
  19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wait, what was wrong with the KOTOR Vector issues? Apart from the artwork.

20. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Vector was great! War was garbage. It ruined the ending, but above all it ruined Zayne!

21. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Their engines are actually pretty different from the X-wing, there was definitely one at Jakku.

I see no reason why the Rebellion couldn't have produced some, they had plenty of means of production. It's not like they had no need for dropships, especially with the Mid Rim Offensive. I mean, they produced an entire class of starfighter (B-wing) on their own, why couldn't they have thrown some U-wings onto the production line as well?

SpecForce Trooper and JediBatman like this.
  22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    And like I said before.....there was the civilian model that could have been converted. or A, B and C variants still floating around that maybe have weaker weapons, slower hyperdrives, etc...

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    At least KotOR War was a lot better than Legacy War. Though yeah, while I always love to read more Zayne comics, I kind of wish it hadn't been made and that KotOR #50 had been the last we saw of Zayne.

Ah, the old KotOR Handbook, still one of my favorite Star Wars comics ever. Its too bad we don't get much #0 or extra info issues these days, with the nuEU still so young and still so... restricted to the OT era mostly. There's room for innovation (look at Rogue One or even Rebels), but no idea if the comics have done much recently. Well, the Han Solo comic had lots of nice race ships so there was that at least.

24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I see your Last Resort and raise you a Moldy Crow....

[​IMG]

This is from http://matmoura.deviantart.com/

25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I hope we get to see the Eclipse again one day. I loved that warship. A colossal behemoth, painted matte black, dwarfing every other Star Destroyer in the Imperial Fleet. Not only did it carry a swarm of TIE fighters and host an impressive array of conventional weapons, it had an axial superlaser that could crush any capital ship that dared to face it. Such an impressive vessel was worthy only of the Galactic Emperor himself. Not even Vader warranted such a great ship. Only the most powerful man in the Galaxy could command the greatest of all the Star Destroyers.

Jedi Ben, Tzizvvt78 and Darth Basin like this.
  26. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    That's why it's "missing" in Aftermath. ;)

Btw, what's the big difference between the T65B and T65C-A2 X-wings?