main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    The C-ROC Gozanti has a comical exaggerated duckbilled overbite that is literally the stupidest-looking design in canon if you anthropomorphize it.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Eeeh, I like that design? The new SD.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
  4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    So I've just done a re-read through of Shattered Empire. Anyone know the name of the rebel transport we see Han and co. using to attack the imperial compound in the first issue?
    [​IMG]

Also, what are your thoughts on Leia's ship in this series? Apparently it's the GX-1 shuttle.
    [​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Nope, it has'nt been identified as anything else than "Rebel Alliance Transport" in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Am I the only one who legitimately likes the Supremacy, aesthetically speaking? The 'giant flying wing' is a pretty distinctive variant on the Imperial wedge.

The one thing that kinda gets me is that way smaller Naboo ships have kind of the same profile.

7. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015

I love it!

8. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

I like it as well.

9. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

A Star Destroyer and a Higgins boat had the UGLIEST baby.

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The B-Wing...did they make any mentions about the ships speed and maneuverability?

Maybe the U-Wings are rare for the Alliance...but there are still millions out in the hands of local police forces and private hands.

Wasn't the number of ISDs already established at 25,000?

Of all the times to bring in the Gladiator or Imperial II class frigate and they give the artist free reign.

11. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    Per this here unboxing video of the new B/SF-17 bomber from the X-Wing minis game, the Resistance Bomber is made by our old friends at Slayn & Korpil. Hooray!

The less is remembered of the Imperial II-class frigate, the better. That thing was goofy and the name was bad.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I think this is meant to mean that the 25,000 number is 10 years of production... Which doesn't really seem to fit either. with the SSD numbers. Maybe it's just a typo.

Also... 13 SSDs with only 12 being known by Jakku? Is there a nuCanon Lusankya floating around then? A secret ship?

Daneira likes this.
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    So now in canon the Eclipse is just another executor class? That's.... disappointing and rather boring.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah, I was hoping that the Eclipse was just as massive as it originally was, but now at least we have the Supremacy.

I just love that as time passes throughout the Saga, the Star Destroyers just get bigger and badder. That's yet another element that they lifted from the old EU that I was fond of.

Gotta add that to the Dark Empire comparison checklist I've got going.

15. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It looked like the artist was trying to tie the design into the Acclamator. I liked the concept of a smaller patrol ship but agree with you on the name.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Even if Kuat did build only 2500 SDs, there are other shipyards in Canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Alsakan and TheRedBlade like this.
  17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    To clarify, the guide doesn't say that the total output is only 2500 Star Destroyers. There is a chart labeled "Current Output (Estimated) of Kuat Drive Yards". I'm inclined to believe that this a reference to what they are currently constructing in 3 ABY.
    • TX-225A Occupier assault tank = 10,000
    • AT-AT walker = 7500
    • Imperial-class Star Destroyer = 2500
    • Executor-class Star Dreadnought = 13
    What most interesting is that we learn that Operation Ringbreaker (the ultimate plan we watch unfold but stall at Sullust in Twilight Company) was a much larger mission. While Twilight Company may has assumed they were isolated and alone, the Alliance High Command was contemplating a genuine full scale strike on Kuat. After the battle of Sullust, Kuat apparently is reinforced/resupplied and is no longer as vulnerable to an Alliance attack. Mon Mothma calls the strike off.

--Adm. Nick

King of Alsakan and Outsourced like this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    In Legends the Eclipse-class wasn’t finished by that time anyway. A ship with a planet-destroying superlaser during Endor or Jakku would’ve been a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Every time I see references to Twilight Company, I cry tears of joy.

Vthuil and Daneira like this.
  20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    3 ABY, is that 22 or 23 AFE? I take it it's mentioned in a section of the book contemporaneous with the Battle of Hoth?

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    You could say the same thing about Thrawn not being a Grand Admiral by that time in Legends.

For me changing the Eclipse into an Executor class is like changing Thrawn into a human. It removes an opportunity to design a new Eclipse class (inspired by the old Dark Empire Eclipse) for whenever we get to see it in canon. It wouldn't need a superlaser either, just like Grand Admiral Thrawn doesn't have a Ysalamari in canon.

There is just no fun wondering what the Eclipse could look like now. My only hope now is that it could be massively modified and expanded on over the Executor.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    Until such time as we see it with our own eyes in canon, they can always pull the "heavily modified" card you mentioned, or just straight-up say that that the records were wrong (the Empire clearly loves building mobile war crimes using massive slush funds), or that the intel the Alliance got was bad.

23. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    The old Eclipse wasn't very attractive and the superlaser was an incredibly terrible idea that I am beyond glad to be rid of. Every design cue from the Eclipse is replicated better in the Finalizer/Resurgence. I want new and creative ship designs in canon as well, but Dark Empire is the last place to look for inspiration.

Noash_Retrac and TheRedBlade like this.
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

I disagree. The Dark Empire Eclipse may not have been the most attractive design but it was instantly recognisable. Unlike the Finalizer. They could have easily created a new design which takes elements of the old eclipse, like the vertical prow and perfect black triangle shape. Enough to remind you of Dark Empire's Eclipse, Enough to make you say "Yeah, that's the Eclipse" on first sight. The super laser is a story element not a design one.

There is just nothing gained from stating that its an Executor class ship. It is only limiting future creativity and fans imagination.

25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    We also see ISD building/repair docks over Fondor in BFII and Corellia also has built ISDs in canon, so I assume these are not all KDY, but maybe build on a license.

King of Alsakan and TheRedBlade like this.