main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    Do we have a class on the Raddus yet? I read WAY more of the leaked Visual Dictionary images than I should have looking for it, but alas.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I just realized that if that is literally all they have, the Resistance is averaging at least 1 admiral for every 2 capital ships. That's kind of hilarious, even if (as I assume) the ranks are mostly preexisting.

Snafu55 likes this.
  3. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    If the Ninka is one the most powerful, surely it implied other ships more powerful the two frigates.

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

One slight problem that I've noted.

The lack of mentioning Home One and Echo of Hope in the VD. What could've happened to them or are they being retconed?

5. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

One slight problem that I've noted.

The lack of mentioning Home One and Echo of Hope in the VD. What could've happened to them or are they being retconed?

6. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Okay, we're getting leaked stuff the Visual Dictionary. Why no leaked stuff from the Cross Sections??!!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I posted some small details last night. As to why- from what I’ve seen, places order more copies of the VD than the ICS, so it’s been easier for people to find copies.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I posted some small details last night. As to why- from what I’ve seen, places order more copies of the VD than the ICS, so it’s been easier for people to find copies.

9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Love the designs for the Resistance fleet. That's the kind of evolution from the OT designs that TFA really didn't deliver. Great stuff.

Xael likes this.
  10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Honestly, I think the new Resistance ships are some of my favorite designs period, definitely across the ST, and maybe across the other trilogies as well. I love the Nebulon-C with the improvised armor, and how the cargo frigate looks like a modified GR-75.

Xael likes this.
  11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yep. The Ninka was my first love as all the CR90/Pelta nods (the hammerhead escaped my first glance notice) but as I started to slightly wish the "boomerang" shroud were slightly less, erm, loose, I fell hard for the Neb C. Both are absolute classics and so very SW in a way that the very few new TFA designs weren't.

Interesting that the assymetrical "flanges" or wings on the Neb C are super reminiscent of the Twilight from TCW, a Corellian design, while presumably the Nebulon is still a KDY ship. Of course all of the ships are labeled as being highly modified and hybridized. Just really happy with all of 'em.

Xael, Senator Wan and Outsourced like this.
  12. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    You'll notice there are little ports on the sides of the Nebulon C's fore and rear modules - presumably you plug in the wings on both sides, but it appears that either its ultra-modular status means it comes barebones and you buy additional modules as you see fit, or else it's very stripped-down.

Senator Wan and Xael like this.
  13. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    We now know due to a new behind the scenes trailer that the Resitance Transport Pod will be in the Movie, and wasn't only made for Lego.

Senator Wan and Star_Desperado like this.
  14. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    It was also leaked in the Visual Dictionary, but regardless I really liked the brief shot they showed of it exiting hyperspace to Cantonica.

15. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    I just realized that a concept art book for TLJ is releasing on the 15th as well, so I'm gonna keep an eye out for that.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I just discovered the Thrawn's Revenge mod for Empire at War. It's so amazing. Whoever made this is a real fan of the EU and must be a Fleet Junkie. I was playing as the New Republic and ran into an armada at Bothawui. I ordered the Y-Wings to bomb the nearest Star Destroyer and had a momentary shock when I realized it was the Reckoning. As much as I regretted blasting good old Delak back to atoms, I was thoroughly impressed by the level of detail put into the mods. Any Fleet Junkies who want something to do in the week before the Last Jedi arrives should check it out.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I just discovered the Thrawn's Revenge mod for Empire at War. It's so amazing. Whoever made this is a real fan of the EU and must be a Fleet Junkie. I was playing as the New Republic and ran into an armada at Bothawui. I ordered the Y-Wings to bomb the nearest Star Destroyer and had a momentary shock when I realized it was the Reckoning. As much as I regretted blasting good old Delak back to atoms, I was thoroughly impressed by the level of detail put into the mods. Any Fleet Junkies who want something to do in the week before the Last Jedi arrives should check it out.

Senator Wan and vncredleader like this.
  18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It's the best. I have poured like 50 hours into that mod since I got it a year ago

19. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Love this mod. I'm absolutely awful at it, but I gotta respect the dedication put in.

20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah on hard i can never win. The enemy just attack non stop. I remember a case where the rebellion had a fleet of about 500 x-wings and 400 y-wings and they just kept hitting me. they would retreat after a few deaths so it was just the same thing over and over. agony I tell you, agony

21. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Playing survival mode is a good way to rapidly increase your tactical skill.

Vialco and vncredleader like this.
  22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes its times like that that you wish the auto resolve button could be trusted to have a similar result. Still such a great mod though. I've been playing it a lot recently.

23. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah the auto resolve is terrible. If we ever get another RTS it needs better land battles and auto resolving.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I'll have to give that a shot later this week. I was playing as the Pentastar Alignment in 6 ABY and to my surprise they have two Star Dreadnoughts.

Kaine's Executor-class and Jerec's Vengeance.

So I immediately formed two offensive fleets with a Dreadnought at the core of each and started to conquer systems, from the Imperial Remnant as they were closest.

To my complete shock, another Executor-class attacked one my recent holdings. It was Isard's Lusankya! This game really is amazing. I'm going to have send a thank you note to the creators of this mod.

I didn't entertain any thoughts of battling the Lusankya with Vengeance head to head. We saw at Orinda what happens when two Dreadnought's go at it with no support.

So I retreated, grabbed the Reaper and went right back to Ord Mantell and pinned the Lady Lucy between two Dreadnoughts! Needless to say Isard's precious flagship went the way it's canon counterpart did at Thyferra.

I wish I could've taken a screenshot of that. Three SSD's battling it out, just the three of them with no smaller ships getting in the way. Talking about a fleet junkie fantasy.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Double Post

26. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Triple Post

27. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Quadruple Post(oh dear God).

vncredleader likes this.
  28. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Vialco

The BATFE will be along shortly to discuss the unregistered fully automatic post button you appear to have in your possession.

Sinrebirth and Sarchet like this.
  29. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001

It's ok homie. We've all been there.

Vialco likes this.