Beyond Fleeting Moments (Skywalkers/Solos) Update 04/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 28, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Oh Nana. Ben is going to have a blast with her [end sarcasm]

Great little piece.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    LOL at "Nana" Loved the easy and calm way L/M talked this through; it shows they are open and candid as they should be on such an important topic and have actually broached it before. Mom!Mara is wonderful and lovable in this. [:D] !!
  3. Stone Jade Jedi Master

star 1
    Wonderful. Love the young Ben, before he's a teenager and at odds with Luke all the time.
  4. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Very nice! I know just how much fun Ben is going to have with Nana and her off-switch. ;)
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Who is Nana indeed. LOL I can totally understand L/M wanting to take Ben along. I go to work for 8 hours a day and miss my little tyke like crazy. But there's no way I could work with her here. Parenting is often a bunch of tough choices with no good answers, sadly. Love the Mommy and Ben moment.
  6. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Title: Anxiety and Flying Lessons

Note: I'll be posting another chapter later today since this one is so short.

Briannakin, Hazel: Oh yes, very fun. And we'll have more Nana-Ben fun later.
    Jade_eyes: Mom!Mara is great. She makes a wonderful mom just like Luke though she would be.
    Stone Jade: Yay for young Ben. I like this stage in their relationship too.
    ginchy: Well, after missing two years of his life, they want to have him close to them at all times (okay it partially had to do with his being kidnapped as a child (well attempted). I love it too, I should write more of those, I just love the father and son dynamic.

@Briannakin, @Hazel, @Jade_eyes, @Stone Jade, @ginchy

Luke got out of the speeder flustered.

"That was a crazy reckless stunt!" He hollered, not caring who heard him. "You are the most unstable reckless driver I've ever been in a speeder with."

Ben Skywalker frowned.

"I wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad. Wasn't that bad." Luke ticked off Ben's infractions. "Let's see, you failed to yield at on-coming traffic, you switched lanes too suddenly, you cut off that big hover van—we're lucky to be alive by the way-, you were pushing the speeder way to fast, and you nearly got us both killed."

Ben sighed as his father went off on his rant.

"I did not almost get us killed," He denied emphatically, hitting the steering yoke. "And that van came out of nowhere!"

"Yes, well be that as it may." Luke turned away.

"Dad, where are you going? My lesson's not over yet."

"It is for me."

His sister met him at the door to the apartment building.

"Luke, is something wrong?"

"Talk to your nephew." Luke muttered frustratedly. "In fact, you teach him, I need to go calm myself before I throttle him."

Leia watched wide-eyed. She'd never seen her brother so flustered. She turned to her nephew, hands on hips.

"He's overreacting." He protested in defense.

His aunt just shook her head.
    Last edited by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 5, 2013
    mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I would be very surprised if Luke wasn't flustered :rolleyes:
  8. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Notes: This was inspired by Blackfish (Fetkatt).
    "What is that?" Luke exclaimed, watching his son leaned to down pick something up
    "A box?"

His father shook his head and stalked over, grabbing his son's arm.

"What the? Dad?"

Luke raised the boy's arm and peered at what he saw. Near his son's left shoulder on his upper arm was the visage of a Kryat Dragon done in dark ink.

A tattoo, he realized.

"Oh that?" Ben examined it with a frown. "It's art."

"It's a tattoo, Ben."

"So?"

"What is it doing on you?" His father demanded to know.

Ben frowned once more, pondering it for a second. "I dunno."

"You don't know." Luke deadpanned.

"Nope. It's really cool though." He flexed his arms, watching the dragon's head move.

"Ben...when do you remember getting this tattoo?"

"I think it was…. " He thought. "I know I didn't have it yesterday. Must've been last night." He informed.

Last night had been Ben's 19th birthday. He remembered his friends offering to take the boy out. They had been very eager, as he recalled. Wes and Hobbie in particular.

"Janson…" He murmured, shaking his head.

"Might've been Wes's idea."

Luke shot him an astounded look.

"What? He doesn't mind I call him Wes."

"That's not the point." Blast that Janson! No doubt Klivian was in on it too. "Should've known."
  9. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Notes: This was inspired by Blackfish (Fetkatt).
    "What is that?" Luke exclaimed, watching his son leaned to down pick something up
    "A box?"

His father shook his head and stalked over, grabbing his son's arm.

"What the? Dad?"

Luke raised the boy's arm and peered at what he saw. Near his son's left shoulder on his upper arm was the visage of a Kryat Dragon done in dark ink.

A tattoo, he realized.

"Oh that?" Ben examined it with a frown. "It's art."

"It's a tattoo, Ben."

"So?"

"What is it doing on you?" His father demanded to know.

Ben frowned once more, pondering it for a second. "I dunno."

"You don't know." Luke deadpanned.

"Nope. It's really cool though." He flexed his arms, watching the dragon's head move.

"Ben...when do you remember getting this tattoo?"

"I think it was…. " He thought. "I know I didn't have it yesterday. Must've been last night." He informed.

Last night had been Ben's 19th birthday. He remembered his friends offering to take the boy out. They had been very eager, as he recalled. Wes and Hobbie in particular.

"Janson…" He murmured, shaking his head.

"Might've been Wes's idea."

Luke shot him an astounded look.

"What? He doesn't mind I call him Wes."

"That's not the point." Blast that Janson! No doubt Klivian was in on it too. "Should've known."
  10. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    lol. Great update. Much different than how my first tattoo went over with my mother.
  11. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Did you get to read the flying lessons one.
  12. mayo_durron_666 Force Ghost

star 1
    Totally loved the 'flying lesson' post!:p I'm going threw learning to drive atm and yeah.. Luke's reaction is understandable.
    Just enjoyed how unnerved he was haha!

And the last one with the tatoo! [face_laugh] Priceless moment! .. *Sighs* Oh Ben..
    Youngsters will do silly things.. and even Skywalkers go threw it it seems..;)
  13. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    The flying lesson - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :p

the tattoo - hehehe. Could have been worse if Janson was involved.
    Last edited by Hazel, Apr 6, 2013
  14. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Briannakin: Oh? Well...Luke tries to keep a level head, though Janson is definately a sorry man atm.

mayo_durron_666: All parents do, but they don't seem to understand how much pressure they put us kids through when they YELL. When I first learned to drive, and my mom and step-dad were yelling and shouting, I was like...that's NOT helping. Of course...even Ben deserves normal adolescents.

Hazel: It does not. Ben's as reckless as Luke was. I guess he forgot who threaded the Stone Needle, much to the dismay of his friend Windy. And yeah it could have been MUCH worse.

@Briannakin, @mayo_durron_666, @Hazel

Note: This piece features everyone's R2 unit and the SKywalker's defender droid, Nanna. I figured that Nanna and Artoo would be at odds from the start.
    Droid vs. Droid

Ben stood his ground, a hand resting on the top of R2-D2's dome. He and the little droid were glaring up a large redesigned YVH1 defender/nanny droid his parents had called Nanna. She stared down at him smiling pleasantly, or at least seemed to—frankly, she just creeped Ben out.

Ben had taken up a position behind the little droid. "I don't need you, I have Artoo."

R2 whistled shrilly, toddling back and forth on his legs.

"Well, aren't you a feisty one?" Nanna said, bending down to look on him.

The astromech blew a raspberry at and positioned itself to ram at the YVH1's legs. Nanna, more flexible than his usual counterpart 3PO, reached down and position her arms to stop him.

"Stop this!" She demanded. "You cheeky little unit."

"Hey, you can't talk to Artoo like that!" Ben objected, scowling.

R2 circled to Nanna's left, release his zapper extension.

The other droid regarded him stoically.

"I see. If that's how you want it, I see you're unstable and a threat to young Master Ben."

Nanna was about to bring about her blaster cannon, when Luke Skywalker's voice rang out.

"What is going on in here?" He asked, looking from Ben to Nanna to R2.

The Jedi Master gaped at Nanna's partially retracted blaster cannon.

"Nanna, explain this." He demanded.

"I have assessed that this droid has a serious malfunction, Master Skywalker. His programming must be in error."

Ben hollered, "There's nothing wrong with Artoo. You're the one with the problem." He turned to his father. "She's trying to bully Artoo. Make her stop."

Luke heaved a sigh. "Nothing is error with his programming. Retract your blaster cannon, Nanna." He commanded the defender droid.

"Master Sky-"

"Nanna. Retract."

"As you wish." She did so then turned to regard Luke. "As you know I was just following my programming to protect young Master Ben."

Mara interjected: "Come to us next time, if you're having a problem with Artoo."

"Yes, Mistress, of course." Nanna then turned aside.

Mara turned to her son. "Now, what's this about? Why are you giving Nanna a hard time?"

"She's trying to boss me and Artoo around."

"No," His father corrected. "She's trying to protect you."

"I don't need protection from Artoo." Ben said, sounding exasperated. "Artoo's my friend."

"Oh really?" This came from both his parents.

'Since when…' Mara sent to her husband.

'Stang if I know.' He responded with a minute shrug.

As if sensing his parent's internal conversation, young Ben rolled his eyes and patted the droid's dome. "Come on, Artoo. Let's get you cleaned."

Luke's eyes shot back to wife. Cleaned? He mouthed.

His son was, of course, oblivious as he and the little R2 unit continued on their merry way.

Last edited by EmeraldJediFire, Apr 12, 2013
    mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
  16. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Hehehe. Great litte piece.
  17. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Heheheheh! And THIS is why Artoo stays with the Skywalkers despite their tendency to drag into trouble. :p
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Jade_eyes: Was there ever any doubt?

Briannakin: Thanks.

Hazel: He is part of the family.

@Jade_eyes, @Briannakin, @Hazel

Note: So this is a topic no one ever wants to think about again--Luke and Leia especially. I decided to put a very light spin on it.

Title: Love in Alderaan Places
    "Hey, Dad, Uncle Wes told me something interesting."

"Oh, what's that?" Luke had a bad feeling about this.

"Did you kiss someone on Hoth?"

The Grand Master choked on his hot chocolate.

"Wha-what?"

"Something about before you met mom, you had this girl you liked on Hoth and you guys actually kissed."

Luke coughed, trying to clear his throat.

"Why do you want to know that, Ben?"

Ben scowled. "I knew it. Uncle Wes said you wouldn't tell me."

Luke frowned, growing irate. "Where's your Uncle Wes now?"

"Hangar."

"All right. Excuse me." Luke said and got up.

"Dad? Dad! Why won't you tell me?"

Because it's not something I want you to know. Luke thought completely mortified. That big mouth Wes Jason!

Mara appeared before him.

"Honey, what's going on?"

"I'm going to go talk to Wes."

"Janson?"

"Who else?"

Mara took hold of her husband's arm. "I don't like the look in your eye, Farmboy."

"Dad! Tell me." The boy pleaded.

She looked at her son, confused then back to her husband. "What's he talking about?"

Luke sighed. "You know that private matter that I said we'd never discuss with him."

Both brows rose. "Yeah?"

"Well, that nexu is out of the bag thanks to Wes Janson."

"Farmboy, as much as I'd like to see someone lay into that him, let's not go Darkside over it okay?"

He gave her a disgruntled look.

Mara ignored it. "How did he find out in the first place?"

Ben's voice rang out: "I'm still here ya know."

"How should I know?" Luke dropped his voice, aware that little ears were wide open.

"Maybe you were a bit drunk."

Luke scoffed at this.

"Look, Farmboy, as much as you object to thought, the fact is… you're a light weight. It could have happened and you could have let it slip."

"I don't let things slip and I'm not talking about this further."

Mara slid a glance to her son. "Ben, why don't you go find Nana?"

The boy looked disgruntled at this.

"Now, Ben."

"I just asked a question." He muttered, shuffling off very slowly.

"Now, where were we?" Mara turned back to her husband.

"I prefer not to talk about it, Mar. It was an event of the pass, one I'd soon forget." Luke dismissed, waving his hand.

She sighed. "Look, as traumatic as the event is for your psyche, don't you think you're being a bit childish?"

"What's traumatic about not wanting to recall kissing you own sister!?" He said loudly

A little too loudly it seemed.

"You kissed Aunt Leia!?" A shocked voice interjected.

Mara and Luke turned to face their son. Ben stood stock still, mouth agape. Luke suddenly had a pounding headache.

"I think I need to go lay down." Luke murmured, holding his head.

With that, he turned around, his face flushed red in mortification.
    Okay, with the next post I should be totally caught up with this thread...that is until I write more.
    mayo_durron_666 and Jade_eyes like this.
  19. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Luke! That was one episode he'd wish he could rub out of his mind.
    Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  20. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] This is so how I'd imagine the :oops: pitten being let out of the bag. [face_laugh] So nice!!! Glad I read this after "Hero." [:D]
  21. Stone Jade Jedi Master

star 1
    This made me laugh.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Kat-Arva Jedi Master

I don't understand. Why can't he tell Ben: "Your Aunt Leia kissed me just to make Uncle Han jealous. Repeat: SHE kissed ME. And we didn't know we're brother and sister. See? All is simple as that."?

P.S. And it made me laugh too.)
    Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  23. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Lol. I don't know who to feel worse for - Luke or Ben.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
  25. mayo_durron_666 Force Ghost

star 1
    [face_laugh] That was brill.. So funny!

Poor Luke..

Nice writing! That last post had me smiling all the way through!:D
    Jade_eyes likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade