main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flesh & Blood - Part II - H/L & OC - updated 4/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alaneia, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    Hello everyone :)

The first part of this story is posted at The Saga. I got to wondering one day about Han Solo's origins, since nothing much was said about them in the original movies. So Part 1 was basically about his parents and what role they may have played during the early years of the Empire.

This story takes place years after the first one ends. I'm trying to write this story so it can stand alone, so no one will have to go and read the first part, but if anyone's interested here's the link to it:
    Flesh & Blood

All comments are appreciated:

Flesh & Blood ? Part II

The Empire had finally been defeated.

General Han Solo sat alone, away from the others that were busy celebrating the death of Palpatine and the destruction of the second Death Star. He had been there celebrating with them just moments earlier, but snuck away quietly, walking outside the Ewok village, finding a large tree stump to sit on.

He just wanted a little time to himself.

He looked up to the stars, sadly wondering if his parents were watching down on him from somewhere. For some reason he had been thinking about them more often than he used to. Maybe it was because since finding Luke and Leia, an ache he had in his heart had subsided some. He had never let anyone get as close to him as the Princess and her farm boy brother, with Chewie being the only exception.

He looked up to the stars and wondered who his parents were.

The wookie that raised him, Dapaka, died before Han could ever ask him anything. Anytime Han would ask him anything when he was a child, he?d always grumble the same response, ?when you?re older I will explain everything.?

Then the damned wookie died shortly before Han?s seventeenth birthday, taking all the knowledge with him. The only thing that Han had was a wooden box, engraved with the initials ?AH? filled with jewelry and another case full of the same stuff.

He had come up with two possibilities over the years; the first being that he was of royal blood, safely hidden away on Kashyyyk. The second being that his parents were intergalactic thieves that died after his birth

Given all his bad habits; he?d put all his credits on the latter.

He reached into the pocket of his vest, pulling out a ring he had rummaged and found in the smaller box, the one with the initials. He had recognized the stone immediately as a rare Alderaani diamond. He smiled to himself; it would be perfect for what he had planned for his princess.

He got up slowly and walked back toward the noisy party that was taking place inside the village. He had finally found the family that his heart had ached for.

He had taken the General?s commission to prove to everyone that he was committed to the Alliance; which was a lie within itself. He was truly committed to Princess Leia Organa, and it was about time that he showed her exactly how committed he was.

Leia Organa looked around the gathering of victorious rebels, scanning the crowd for Han. Where is he, she thought to herself.

She jumped as someone tapped on her shoulder, ?your worship, who are you thinking about??

She turned around and was faced with his lopsided grin, ?would you quit calling me names?? She said. ?Where did you go??

He looked down at his feet for a moment, ?I needed to do some thinking.?

?You? Think?? She said sarcastically.

?Yeah, I can think sometimes,? he took her hand and led her towards the walkway he had just come from.

?Where are you taking me?? She asked.

?I need to talk to you privately.?

?About what?? She asked as they walked out of the village.

?I?ve been doing some thinking tonight Leia, about what I?m going to do now that the war is over.?

?Really?? Leia said quietly.

?Yeah, and I need to talk to you about it.?

Oh no, she thought to herself, he?s leaving me. ?Fine Han.? She said.

He took her to the tree stump he had just been sitting on not fifteen minutes ear

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Ahhhhh.... sweet mush! He asked her to marry him! And she accepted!!!! YEAH!!!!! :D (and I didn't even have to wait two weeks for part II to start!)

Now.... about Han's parents. His mom is still in carbonite, which means she hasn't aged. But his dad, if he's still alive in prison, would be now 32 years older than his mother! :eek: :eek:

This COULD create some problems if it turns out they are both alive. Hmmmm..

3. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    GreatOne Yeah...I have a solution to that.

I feel that I have to make the begnning of this a little mushy to make up for all the angst in part one.

More tomorrow. . .

4. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    When they arrived back at the party, it had dwindled down to just a handful of rebels. Han looked around to see their closest friends around. Luke, Wedge, and Wes Janson were sitting by the campfire, laughing together over some stupid joke Wes had told. Lando Calrissian, Chewie, and General Rieekan stood not too far away from the young men, engaging in a much quieter conversation.

?Hey Han, Leia,? Wes yelled at them. ?Were?d ya?ll run off too all alone?? He asked.

Wedge hit Janson?s arm, ?shut up, it?s none of your business.?

?Yes it is,? he retorted. ?I?d like to know what those two have been doing all by themselves in those woods-?

Luke interrupted him, ?shut up, that?s my sister.?

Han shot a look over at the drunken Janson, ?if you must know, I had to get the Princess away from you drunks so I could ask her a question.?

?Really?? Janson said, ?what was so important.?

Leia chimed in before Han had a chance to go deck Janson, ?Han asked me to marry him.?

All conversations ceased.

Luke smiled as he got up, ?congratulations you two.? He gave each of them a warm hug.

?Damn.? Janson said.

?What?? Wedge questioned.

?I lost the bet?I bet that Hoth would melt before they married.? Janson said sadly.

?Sorry to disappoint,? Han said.

General Rieekan walked over to the couple, smiling at Leia. ?I?m so happy for you dear,? he said as he hugged her.

She smiled, ?thank you. I was wondering if you could do something for us.?

He smiled as he left her embrace, ?sure, I?d do anything for you two.?

?Will you marry us?? She asked. ?Right now??

?Well, I guess I could, I?ve never really married anyone before. But it would just be a ceremony, not formal until we can get a license.? He said.

?That?s good enough for us.? Han said.

The older General nodded his head, ?fine, well, gather around people, the more witnesses to this the better.?

Han and Leia moved a little closer to the campfire with Rieekan standing before them. The rest of the rebels gathered behind them. Chewie was next to Han, Luke was next to Leia, and a drunk Janson had to lean on Wedge for support.

The ceremony was short and to the point. They pledged to spend the rest of their lives loving each other. As Han kissed his bride, a loud sob interrupted them. The couple turned around to see Janson crying uncontrollably.

?I?ve lost a thousand credits to Page.? He cried.

Leia laughed as she looked up at Han who was already looking down at her. ?How about we leave to more private surroundings?? He whispered to her.

?Private?? She nodded her head, ?I think that would be a great idea.?

Rieekan interrupted the pair, ?excuse me lovebirds, but why don?t you two take a week off. I?ll get it by Mothma.?

?Really?? Leia asked.

He smiled, ?think of it as my wedding present to you.?

Han offered his hand to Rieekan, who accepted it. ?Thanks.?

?You?re welcome.?

Leia moved away from Han to hug her brother, ?I love you.?
    She said to him.

?I love you too,? he replied. ?I?ll see you later.?

She moved away from him, taking Han?s hand. He pulled her closer to him and picked her up in his arms, carrying her away from the Ewok village and to the Falcon.

As they walked away Chewie looked at Lando, growling a question, ?can I bunk with you tonight??

When Han and Leia reached the Falcon, he sealed it shut behind them. He carried her to his cabin, setting her gently on her feet. He cupped her face with his hands, ?welcome home,? he said as he kissed her.

5. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    yay! Another postie!

Wow, you do work fast!

Can't wait for more!!

6. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Sologirl Glad to see you check out the continuation.

They'll be more tomorrow.

7. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Wonderful story! I must say that I am looking forward to more! :) Keep up the great work! ;)

8. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Oh my! Yet another update! And now they are married... *throws confetti all around* :D :D

I'm glad this story is going to be happy!

9. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Oh, I'm so glad to see another happy story! :D I had thought that I was alone in the world of happy endings. I'll be sure to go back and read the first part as soon as I can find the time.

The proposal was adorable (it reminded me of the ending of Jane Eyre a little), and I love that the wedding was small and quick. It seems much more realistic than the lavish, immense, and impersonal wedding that the EU authors want us to believe in.

Fantastic job! I'll definitely be following this story.

10. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    LovleyLea Thank You !

GreatOne I promised Part II would be happy :)

PrincessDaisy2 Thanks, I always envisioned Han and Leia getting married in a small ceremony after the Battle of Endor. I hate the way they are portrayed as a couple by most EU authors.

11. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Hey, Alaneia!

What a lovely story! A very welcome contribution here in the Sea of Angst... (you know, reading the Boards has been almost exhausting lately) Can't wait to see how you develop your AU tale - giving Han not only respectable origins (even if Dad was a crook, he passed on the heart of gold) but the chance to maybe give his kids grandparents... truly a rarity.

He had come up with two possibilities over the years; the first being that he was of royal blood, safely hidden away on Kashyyyk. The second being that his parents were intergalactic thieves that died after his birth - Too funny! Think he'll faint dead away when he realizes both are true?

Keep up the good work! **please?**

:D

12. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Here I am! :D

Lovely first mushy posts. I'd like to write a mushy story, unfortunately I'm writing a angsty story now, and I can't! :_|

I always envisioned Han and Leia getting married in a small ceremony after the Battle of Endor. - My thoughts exactly. That's why I wrote a viggie about H/L getting married on Endor too. :)

~Lelila @};-

(edit) I didn't have much time to reply to the last chapters of the first part. Glad that I were partly right, about what would happen to Han's parents, the carbonite and all. I love it when I'm right! :D

13. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    rxchiquita Thanks! I think Han will be a little overwhelmed. . .

jedi-leila I was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad to see you've found the continuation.

It continues in the next post:

14. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    The Emperor and Darth Vader were dead, but General Rieekan thought that the struggle was far from over. He sat alone in his quarters, going over data cards that were given him by Mon Mothma for his next assignment.

He was thankful that it was going to be a peaceful one. He had watched so many young people die in battles that he was sick of it.

He turned on his computer terminal and quickly connected to the Coruscant central library.

Mon Mothma and the rest of the Alliance High Council had asked him to go to Corellia to try to find out if there were any living Heirs left belonging to the Hayes Clan. They all remembered the sacrifice that the young Alaneia Hayes made that saved Alderaan from being destroyed years before it actually was. As far as it was known, she had no other living relatives, but someone of her status would have had plans somewhere. It was inconceivable to him that she would have not named an heir to the massive empire that she controlled.

Plus, the Alliance wanted to ensure that the shipyards would be on their side. They would need fleets of ships to combat the remnants of the Empire, and they were praying that her heir, if she indeed had one, would be sympathetic to their cause.

He entered her name in the search category and scrolled though the results. Surprisingly, there wasn?t much about her to be said in the Imperial Database, so he changed to the Corellian Database, hoping he would find something useful there.
    Her name literally brought up millions of hits. He quickly scrolled down them, until one of the subject lines caught his eye:

Shipyard heiress marries in private ceremony.

He quickly clicked on the old article, bringing it to his screen. His mouth dropped open at the sight of the picture. Not because of the beautiful young girl with long brown hair and dancing green eyes, but looking at her husband was just like looking at a slightly older Han Solo.

?I don?t believe this,? he whispered to himself as he read the wedding announcement aloud to himself, ?yesterday, in a private ceremony at the clan home, Alaneia Hayes, heiress to the Hayes Clan married Tobias Solo, of Corellia, shocking the remaining High Clans.? He scanned the rest of the document quickly; it said nothing of real importance, vaguely hinting at the grooms less than satisfactory past.

Rieekan sat back and looked at the picture again. He shook his head in amazement. It was as if he was looking at Han Solo. There were slight differences, Tobias? hair was a little lighter, and he seemed to be a little older than Han was now, but other than that, they could be twins.

He printed a hard copy of the picture out for his file. ?Looks like Leia snagged a prince after all,? he said chuckling to himself.

He entered a new search: Solo, Tobias

Nothing came up so he decided to take a different approach to it. He exited out of that database and went to the Corellian law enforcement database and entered the name there. There were so many entries that his terminal almost crashed trying to process them all. ?Well, at least we know now where Han gets it from.? He said as he read a couple of them.

He exited out of there, first printing out one of several mug shots and adding it to his collection. He quickly went back into the Corellian Database, this time entering simply Alaneia?s last name. For a second time his terminal almost crashed. He scanned the document titles, trying to find something that would indicate that she was Han?s mother. The picture was proof in itself, but he knew that he would need hard data.

The minutes quickly turned into hours. There were tens of thousands of documents. He was about to give it all up when finally he found a link to the Corellian Clan Archives. Maybe there would be something there, he thought to himself as he chose that link and entered a new database. He glanced at his chrono, it was late and he was getting tired. He typed Han?s name into the search field, not expecting to find anything at all.

One document popped up

15. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    The question took Han by surprise. ?Well, nothing.?

Rieekan nodded, ?I figured as much. Have you ever heard of a Corellian woman by the name of Alaneia Hayes??

He nodded his head slowly, ?yeah, she was executed for treason. She was in charge of, well, she owned the Corellian Shipyards. She sabotaged the first fleet of star destroyers produced there, saving Alderaan.? He frowned a little, ?why are you asking me about her??

He opened the file, retrieving the picture of Alaneia and Tobias on their wedding day, sliding it across the table with his hand. ?She?s your mother.?

Han picked up the picture, his jaw dropping at the sight before him. He saw the beautiful woman standing there, looking up at her husband. A man that looked so much like him it was uncanny.

?His name was Tobias Solo,? Rieekan said softly. He showed Han the other picture of his father, the mug shot. ?Like yourself, he had a very colorful past before meeting your mother.?

It was too much for him to comprehend at one time.

?There?s more, Han.? Rieekan said, ?I have a copy of your mother?s last will and testament. You are her sole heir, and as far as I can ascertain, the last remaining member of the Hayes Clan.?

?That was the second highest Clan in Corellia.? He whispered, mostly to himself.

?I know. A fleet is going to Corellia tomorrow, to liberate it, after that, you will be able to return there and claim what?s yours.? He slid the folder towards Han. ?A copy of her will is in there, it details everything that will be yours.?
    Han didn?t hear the last words that Rieekan said to him. As he got up from the table, the older man touched his arm, ?Han?? He questioned.

?I just need some air.? Han replied as he walked past the older man and out of the Falcon.

16. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Han left the Falcon, walking through the woods aimlessly until he found a fallen tree, sitting on it. He ran his fingers through his hair, ?I can?t believe this.? He said to himself.

All of a sudden everything made sense to him. Dapaka had refused to tell him about his parents until he was older because he didn?t want to burden him with the truth that his mother had been executed for treason against the Empire. The initials on the wooden box now made sense; as did all the jewelry he had in his possession. He laughed at the irony of it all ? she had died to save Alderaan, which ended up getting blown to millions of pieces anyway. And now her son married the last Alderaani Princess.

And he had become an Imperial.

That thought made him sick to his stomach. He had joined forces with the ones that had destroyed his mother.

He thought back to the picture Rieekan had showed him of her. She had been a beautiful woman, and much younger than his father was. It turned out that he was right after all about his family.

He sat on the stump for a long time just thinking about his mother when a thought jumped into his head ? what happened to his father?

17. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    He stayed in the woods for a long time, thinking about everything that had just been revealed to him. It was mid-morning by the time he finally made it back to the Falcon. Chewie was still working on the communications dish, ?is Rieekan still here?? He yelled up.

Chewie growled a negative.

Han nodded his head, ?is Leia up yet??

Chewie growled the wookie equivalent of ?I don?t know? and Han walked up the ramp, making his way back to the holo chess table. Rieekan had left everything there for him in a folder. He opened it and was staring at the picture of his parents. They looked so happy there. He began wondering about things that he had never questioned before.

He wondered how long they had been married before his mother became pregnant with him.

He wondered why he was an only child.

He wondered about his grandparents.

He wondered what his first word was.

He wondered how old he was when he took his first steps.

He almost jumped out of his seat when Leia placed a hand softly on his shoulder, ?Han?? She asked.

?Yeah,? he answered.

?Are you okay?? She asked quietly.

?I don?t know.? He answered her truthfully.

She looked over his shoulder at the picture, shocked to see him with another woman. ?Who?s that in the picture with you??

He smiled, ?that?s not me, that?s my father.?

?You?re father?? She questioned.

?Yeah, and that?s my mother.? He said quietly. ?Rieekan was here early this morning, he brought this to me.?

?Rieekan?? She said as she squeezed between him and the table, making herself comfortable on his lap. ?Why would he have this??

?My mother was Alaneia Hayes.? Han said so quietly that Leia could barely hear him.

?Oh goddess,? she said, hugging him fiercely. ?Han, I don?t know what to say.?

?I don?t know either sweetheart.? He said, burying his face in her hair. ?He came this morning and gave me that picture there.? He pointed to the picture of his parents. ?Also, he brought me my father?s mug shot,? he said with a little chuckle as he showed her that picture. Then on a more serious note he added, ?And he brought me her last will and testament.?

?Mug shot?? She questioned.

?Yeah, it turns out that he was a bigger scoundrel than I am.? He said with a small smile. ?But it turns out that I?m a very rich scoundrel.?

?Really?? She asked.

?I?m the only heir she has, also the only living member of the Hayes Clan.? He saw her puzzled look and explainer further, ?that was the second-highest Corellian Clan.?

?So, you?re kind of like a prince?? She asked.

He nodded slightly, ?kind of.?

?So, your worship,? she said, mimicking one of the many nicknames he had given her over the years. ?What?s on your Royal Agenda for today??

He smiled; delighted that she was trying to lift his moods. ?I don?t know, do you have anything special in mind??

She smiled as she rose from his lap and took his hand, gently pulling his arm until he rose. She pulled him off in the direction of their cabin, laughing softly, ?I think I can think of a couple of things.?

18. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    wow, I just found this, and I love it!!! Keep it up, Alaniea! I loooooove H/L mush! [face_love]

19. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    On with the mush!!!!

20. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Sologirl Your wish is my command. They'll be so much mush *when* I get Alaneia out of carbonite you guys won't know how to act.

HerHighness33 I'm glad you've found it :)

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very interesting so far. I'm really enjoying this. Perhaps I should go over and check out Part I. ;)

22. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I love this, Alaneia. The H/L mushiness is sooo sweet.

Great job so far, keep it up.

23. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    My goodness,,,, you DO a LOT of updates in a short amount of time! I love them all! I love this story! WOW! :D :D

24. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    OMG - I love that you're rapid-firing these posts here!!!! And it's great that Carlist (I always screw up spelling his last name) was the one who told Han about his family...seems like he always has a soft spot for Han, you know.

He smiled; delighted that she was trying to lift his moods - yeah, that'll be the only thing on the rise...hehehe... [face_batting] [face_blush]

25. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    "So, your worship,? she said, mimicking one of the many nicknames he had given her over the years. ?What?s on your Royal Agenda for today??

God I love that line!!! I think this is great. Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.