main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flesh & Blood - Part II - H/L & OC - updated 4/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alaneia, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    No fair! no more!

2. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Alaneia, where are you?

~Lelila @};-

3. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    GreatOne: Overgrown children they are....

DarthIshtar: Don't uhoh :)

KnightedRogue: Don't have any bad feelings, it's all going to be good :)

Jedi-Princess Anneille: Hmmm....Janson

owphoenix: It'll be interesting....my husband helped me come up with the prank.

Smuggler Shidakis: The Solo men are hard headed :)

Kab730: Thanks!

jedi-lelia: Thanks! The next part should be ready tomorrow afternoon.

WILFBIRD: Thanks!

princess_meg: I do do angst, but not right now. The next couple of posts are going to be fun, not angsty for two reasons. The first being that it's around Christmas time and I don't feel like being mean and the second is I'm trying to decide how to end this. I never meant for it to be this long. Plus I was going through an old trunk over the weekend and I found a fanfic I wrote ten years ago that I'm thinking about trying out.

Laura_Anu: It'll be something that Janson will never forget. . if he ever recovers.

dm1: No, Alaneia still doesn't know the fate of the Falcon, but that's coming after the Revenge of the Solo's.

DarthIshtar: I'm working on it :)

jedi-lelila: I'm here :)

The next part should be up sometime tomorrow.

4. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    Tomorrow, huh? Good! :)

Will wait patiently for the next post.

~Lelila @};-

5. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Leia entered her apartment slowly, slightly weighted down by the purchases in her arms. She threw most of them down on the sofa as she went past it, only keeping in her hands what she needed to prepare dinner. She entered the kitchen with the two bags filled with various ingredients, setting them down on the counter. She took a deep breath as she looked at them, trying to decide where she should start at first. She had seen Han prepare the casserole before, but she hadn?t paid much attention to him at that time and she was now wishing that she had.

Finally making up her mind to get started, she opened a cabinet underneath the counter, retrieving a large mixing bowl. She sat it on the counter, glancing at it with a scowl on her face. ?I have a bad feeling about this.? She whispered to herself.

Alaneia had never been so bored in her entire existence.

Rieekan was late for their meeting. He had called Lando over the comlink, apologizing profusely and saying that he would be at the hangar as soon as he could get away from an inner council meeting. She rolled her eyes as she leaned against the nearest wall, watching Lando reminisce with some of the fighter pilots as she crossed her arms over her chest.

To hell with this, she thought as she pushed herself away from the wall, sneaking away from the boys. She walked out of the hangar unnoticed, not giving them a second glance. ?Lando can deal with them,? she said to herself. ?That?s his job anyway.?

She made her way to the lifts, trying to decide what to do for the rest of the afternoon. She wondered if Leia was home and decided to drop in on her daughter-in-law, just to make sure that she was doing all right.

Han and Tobias laughed loudly at the bar. Han picked up the half-empty bottle of whiskey and poured them another round of drinks. ?Really?? He asked his father.

Tobias nodded his head, ?yeah. The first time your mom tried to cook, she nearly burned the palace down. I came running into the kitchen to extinguish the fire. Dapaka?s fur smelled like burnt fish for weeks.?

Han laughed harder. ?How did she learn how to cook?? He asked. ?What she?s done for us is pretty good.?

Tobias smiled. ?Well, I noticed that her cooking started improving greatly, but when I asked her about it, she never would give me a straight answer. So, one day, I followed her as she left the yards, and I discovered that she was taking cooking classes behind my back.?

?You never told her you knew?? Han asked.

Tobias shook his head, ?no. She?s a very proud woman and I just figured that she didn?t need to know that I knew. I chose not to fight that battle.?

Han nodded, understanding where his father was coming from. ?Yeah, sometimes you have to choose your battles wisely.?

Tobias laughed a little, ?You?re right about that. We had so much stress in our relationship at that time; I didn?t want to add to it.?

Han nodded his head, ?I know about stress in a relationship. People still look at Leia and me a little funny when we?re out together.?

?Get used to it.? Tobias said quietly, ?that never goes away.?

Han nodded his head, knowing that his father?s words were true. ?Yeah, I know.?

Alaneia exited the turbolift, immediately turning her nose up at the smell of something burning somewhere. She walked slowly into the direction of Han and Leia?s apartment. She realized after she entered the lift, she had no idea where their apartment was. She had been forced to look them up in the Palace directory.

As she reached the door to their apartment, she realized that the smell was coming from the apartment itself. She rang the door chime, waiting for Leia to answer. She felt the distressed presence of her daughter-in-law inside and when she didn?t answer immediately, she went ahead and entered the apartment.

?Leia!? She called when she saw the smoke that was coming from the kitchen area. She ran to the kitchen, finding Leia trying to douse a fire that was coming out of a slow cooker.

Leia looked at Alaneia

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, this is getting intriguing. I wonder if I'll have guessed right on what she wants to tell him in that skimpy frock.

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    LOL! That was great... poor Leia. She should really just give up trying to use anything inside of a kitchen! [face_laugh]

I'm glad you posted another chapter. :D

8. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Ha, ha [face_laugh] ! We were just wondering about this at PatS, why it is that everyone assumes Leia can't cook. You've answered it! And made me laugh!

. . . and I still can't wait to see what Han and Tobias have done to Janson ;)

Great chapter!

*KR*

9. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh yay! I love happy posts!! But I'm still waiting to find out what happens to Janson!!!

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Does anybody know where it got started that Leia is a lousy cook? Was it in one of the EU books? Or, has everyone just assumed she is? Anyways, I can't wait to see what Han thinks of Leia's decision to leave her job. She'll have plenty of time then for Han to give her personal cooking lessons.

11. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Great job! I can't wait to see it all coming together.

12. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    Great job! Poor Leia, she can't even cook! :(

Well, I don't do either but it doesn't matter! [face_shhh] LOL

Lelila @};-

13. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I totally sympathise with Leia. I'm terrible at cooking, and it's my husband that does it in our house.

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Nice chapter, Alaneia! Leia should go to cooking school, too. They are SOOOO alike, and not even related except by marriage. Nice of Alaneia to cook dinner while Leia prepares for Han.

I cook ok, but my husband loves to cook. To me, it's something that has to get done. He views it as a lab experiment (the chemist in him, I guess, except I don't think he measures anything in the kitchen!). When we work together, though, it can be lots of fun... :)

15. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    DarthIshtar: All will soon be revealed.....

GreatOne:Thanks :)

KnightedRogue: I don't know why everyone assumes that Leia can't cook...I just think it's an sssumption that everyone makes.

Laura_Anu: The Revenge of the Solo's is next. .

Solo_Fan: I think Han will be very surprized

princess_meg: Thanks!

jedi-lelila: Thanks a lot :)

WILFBIRD: Same here, my hubby does all the cooking.

dm1: Alaneia fixing the dinner for them was something I threw in there at the last minute, originally Leia just called for some take out. I agree, cooking with hubby's can be very enjoyable.

Hopefully the next chapter will be up by the end of the week, there's only about five more posts left and it will be over.

16. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    All will soon be revealed..... - Is there a PM to go along with that comment? ;)

17. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Of course there will be a PM. . .Leia didn't get that skimpy dress for nothing :)

18. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Another great post! I can't wait to read what she has to tell Han. So is the mother-in-law going to teach the daughter-in-law to cook or is she going to tell her to take cooking lessons.

19. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    WHAT??? Only 5 posts left??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's not true! That's impossible!

That makes me sad. :_|

20. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    When Leia emerged from her shower, wrapped in a thick robe, late afternoon sunlight was coming in through the curtains, giving the apartment a warm golden glow. She smiled as she took a deep breath, realizing quickly that heavenly smells were coming from the kitchen that not to long ago had been a wasteland.

She made her way out of the bedroom and back towards the kitchen, smiling when she saw Alaneia stirring the contents of the slow cooker. ?What smells so good?? She asked.

?I dunno.? Alaneia said. ?I just threw a bunch of stuff in here. It smells and tastes good, so I think it?ll be okay.? She placed the large spoon on the counter, replacing the lid on the cooker. ?And now, I?m going to get out of here.?

?Why?? Leia asked. ?You don?t have to go.?

?Yeah I do.? She said. ?If Han walks in, finds you in a sexy dress and his mother standing in the kitchen, it?ll totally kill the moment.?

Leia nodded slowly, agreeing with Alaneia. ?Thanks for dinner.?

Alaneia smiled as she walked out of the kitchen. ?You?re welcome, and hey, tell him you cooked it.?

Leia followed her. ?No, I can?t possibly do that.?

?Yeah you can. You?re a diplomat, aren?t you?? She turned to face her one last time. ?Trust me, Leia. It?ll be our secret.? She smiled as she walked out of the apartment.

Han and Tobias stood up slowly from the bar, both of them slightly drunk and leaning on the other for support. Luckily for them, they were far away enough from their respective apartments that by the time they would arrive home, most of the alcohol would be out of their systems and they would be thinking clearly again. They were quiet for the most part until they began to reach the upper levels of the city. ?Do you think mom will be okay?? Han finally asked the question that had been on his mind.

?I?ve been thinking the same thing.? Tobias admitted. ?She?s a strong person.?

?I know, but even the strongest people break every now and then.? Han said softly.

Tobias nodded in agreement. ?She?ll be okay.? He said. ?You were right earlier. I won?t push her. She can just make me so angry sometimes.?

Han laughed, ?I know. Leia does the same to me.?

?Look, do you mind if I take a quick shower in the Falcon before I go back to my apartment??? I don?t want to walk in smelling like perfume and such.? He said. ?You mom would definitely figure us out.?

Han grimaced as he smelled his shirt. They did smell like perfume. ?Damn.? He said, ?I?d better get one too.? He glanced at his wrist chrono. ?Just let me get a quick one first, and then it?ll be all yours.?

After leaving Leia?s apartment, Alaneia found herself walking slowly back to the landing platform where she had left Lando some time before. She knew she was stalling. She wasn?t ready to return to her own apartment yet; fearful of what Tobias would have to say to her upon her return. The last thing that she wanted to do was argue with him.

She found herself face to face with one of the new x-wing fighters that had been built on Corellia. She smiled sadly to herself as she reached out and touched the underside, caressing it gently. She had wanted to stay on Coruscant to be with her son. She began to cry as she realized that she wanted to go home.

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Uh oh.... she wants to go home, AND she wants to be with her son! I see only one solution here! Yup! :D Nice post!

22. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Yippee - another post!

and, do I smell the makings for a second additional PM - could be stress of FINALs getting to me... oh, hell...could just be me... ;)

I'm sad to know we're nearing the end of your story - This is such a great AU line! Hopefully, you'll consider leading us further along the path at a later date!

-------------------------

re: dm1's comment, "I cook ok, but my husband loves to cook. To me, it's something that has to get done." That's me and my dearest to a T. He loves to cook - I endure it. After 16 years, I can pull off a passable meal - but he actually gets the whole thing about seasoning and knows what to add, when, and how it will affect the final taste. Me? I have the palate of a peasant. I thank the Lord I have my man!

23. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    I haven't done this in a while, but here's another post for today:

Across the landing platform, a slightly sobered up Han and Tobias entered the Falcon nosily, Han yelling for Chewie. ?Hey you big fur ball,? he laughed out loud as his father fell on the holo chess table.

Chewie yelled back at him from the galley area. *What do you want?*

?I need you to go to Dack?s place for me.? He said as he entered the galley.

*Dack?s?* Chewie questioned. *What were you doing there?*

?I had to get a girl somewhere for the Janson prank.? Han replied.

*I really don?t think Leia would approve of you going there.* Chewie said.

?Well I didn?t ask you and I didn?t ask her.? Han said angrily. ?Just go get the girl and make sure she gets back to him safely.?

Chewie nodded slowly, knowing what Han had planned for Janson. *You?d better take a shower before going home.*

Han turned to leave, ?I?m on my way to do exactly that right now.?

Alaneia found herself walking amongst the fleet of x-wings quietly, tears gently streaming down her face. She remembered when she was a little girl she would always get to run around the finished ships on the yard, sometimes actually climbing up into them and sitting inside, pretending that she was a fighter pilot during the clone wars.

She laughed sadly to herself as she took a deep breath, trying to reign in her emotions. She sensed a presence coming up behind her, so she wiped her eyes quickly before turning to see Chewie coming up behind her.

?Hi.? She said to the wookie.

He growled at her softly.

?I?m okay.? She said.

He growled again.

?I?m just remembering. I woke up two weeks ago to a grown son and nothing seems right anymore. I wanted to stay here to be with him.? She said as she began to sob again.

Chewie walked over to her, wrapping his massive arms gently around her body. ?Han would not want you to be miserable. You must do what will make yourself happy.?

?But I don?t know anymore,? She almost yelled at him. ?That?s the problem, I don?t know anything anymore.? She pushed herself out of his embrace and turned her back on him.

*Do you always run away?*

She turned to face him, fury in her eyes. ?What did you say??

*Do you always run away and hide?* He growled softly.

She turned away from him, ?you have no idea what you?re talking about.?

Chewie laughed a little, *I do, more than you realize. I know Han, therefore I know you.* He moved closer to her slowly, not wanting her to run from him. *You love but you don?t trust. Have faith in Tobias, he will help you through everything. But, I think it?s time you face your fears and return to your home.*

?I?m scared to go back there.? She admitted. ?There are so many memories there. I?m afraid I?ll go crazy just thinking about what I should have done differently ? what I could have done differently. I don?t have the drive I used to have. I wanted the business to be successful so Han could have something, would have something to inherit, to call his own. But now he?s a grown man, he has a wife of his own, and everything I worked hard for doesn?t matter anymore.? She turned slowly and looked up at Chewie. ?Everything I did doesn?t matter.?

He smiled, ?it does. You still have the spirit and ambition that you had all those years ago. Go home, it?s time.? He walked away from her slowly, not looking back.

She shook her head as she looked around the maze of fighters that surrounded her, quickly realizing that she didn?t know how to get out. She began walking slowly, taking several minutes to get out of there. She looked at her feet the most of the way, pondering the words Chewie had said to her. She was afraid to go home. She knew that once she got there it would be a constant reminder of how different of a galaxy she had woke up to. She sighed as she took her eyes away from her feet and almost cried out at the sight before her.

?It can?t be.? She said to herself as her eyes grew wide.

She heard Han?s voice from the inside of the open freighter. She q

24. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Next post will be Leia and Han (with a PM that goes along with it).

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, poor Alaneia. Love the ID number. Love the little secret between the Solo women.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.