main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Flesh & Blood - Part II - H/L & OC - updated 4/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alaneia, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :eek: :eek: Oh... NOOO! That last line was very ominious. [face_worried]

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Anotther great update. Can't wait to see more.

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Uh, oh, who's in the apartment? Han should have gone in with her....[face_worried]

Congratulations on the baby! Is this your first? I've had 3, the oldest is almost 15 years old now, the youngest just turned 5! Lots of fun, but they do keep you busy!!

4. Alaneia

Alaneia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 1999
    PonyTricks - :) Let's hope that blaster is nearby

ccp - thanks :)

dm1 This is my fourth child (and last, I'm not able to have anymore). I have four boys. Michael is 7, Tommy is 3, Clayton is 2, and Dakota is 2 months now. And they keep me very busy.

I'm hoping to have the next update up sometime Friday.

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow, 4? [face_hypnotized] I thought 3 was plenty. I'm not sure if having them closer in age is easier, or several years apart. It seemed to me that, once my first finally got out of diapers, the second one came along. Then it was 6 more years before the last one came along. We were in diapers a very long time!

Anyway, I'm sure they keep you plenty busy! Looking forward to your next post!

6. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    dm1 I don't know which is easier - but my 2 and 3 year old fight like crazy. I realized the other day that I've been buying diapers since 1999.

This is a short post - but it is the Janson prank.

At that moment in time, Wes Janson thought he was the luckiest man on Coruscant.

On his arm, he had the most beautiful woman in the club. The blonde woman had been on his arm almost the entire night, listening intently to his stories about missions he had been on in the war against the Empire. It wasn?t long before she was practically sitting in his lap and pouring his drinks for him.

?I?ve always wanted to see a x-wing.? She said. ?Can I see yours?? She asked seductively.

?Well, we?re really not supposed to let civilians-?

?But please,? she interrupted him. ?I would really like to see your x-wing.?

He nodded his head slowly, ?sure, let?s go. I guess it couldn?t hurt anything.?

Janson led her to the massive hangar that held the x-wings. He directed her over to his. ?This is it.?

She smiled at him as she caressed the underside of the spacecraft. ?Can we go sit in it? I?ve never seen the inside of one.?

Every alarm in Janson?s head went off. He looked up at the cockpit, then to the girl, then to the cockpit again before eagerly nodding his head. ?Sure, I?ll go up first then help you in.?

She watched as he began to ascend up the ladder. As soon as she was sure that he couldn?t see her, she ran off.

Janson sat down in the pilot?s seat and his schoolboy smile quickly turned to a frown. There was something wet on his seat. He tried to sit up, but quickly realized he couldn?t move from his position.

He was glued to the seat.

He quickly moved to try to at least get his pants off, but he was too late; the super adhesive had already began to soak through his pants and his underwear.

He cursed as he sat his arms on the armrest of the chair. ?Solo.? He said.

He shook his head as he pulled his comlink out of his pocket and called for Wedge.

?Wedge, please come to the hangar. Alone.?

7. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] - Wes should know better by now. He'll never outdo Han in the prank department, try as he might! [face_laugh]

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wes should have listened to those alarms....

Yeah, we were buying diapers from 1991-2003! I never really thought about it. My kids fight all the time, the 15 and 11 year old boys, then the little 5 year old princess mixes it up with both of them!

9. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Glad to see you are posting new chapters! I hope Alaneia will be alright. Maybe Han will have second thoughts and come back and check on his mom. Good prank by Han!

10. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  11. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Alaneia awoke quickly, fighting the urge to jump off the sofa and flee the apartment. It took every inch of self-control she had to keep her breathing steady. She sensed another being standing over her. She let her arm drop casually off the sofa, as if it had fell off as she was sleeping and felt underneath the sofa for the blaster that she kept underneath it; cursing as she realized that it was out of her reach.

In her mind?s eye she could see the blaster being raised and aimed at the back of her head. She rolled off the sofa as the trigger was pulled. . . .

Tobias woke up with one hell of a hangover.

As he slowly sat up, he looked around him, realizing he was still on the Falcon. He rubbed his eyes as he slowly stood, using the wall to steady himself as the room spun around him. He looked around, realizing he was alone. ?Alaneia!? He called out as he grabbed his head in pain.

As he realized he was alone, he made his way to the fresher and splashed water on his face. He stood there for what seemed like an eternity before he wiped his face and left the small room.

He made his way to the holo chess table, sitting down. He looked down at the table and grabbed the identification plate, holding it in his hands. His thoughts went immediately to his wife. He surmised that she must have gone home, but he wondered who had put him in the bunk. Probably Han, he thought to himself as he stood up, feeling guilty for leaving Alaneia alone to sort out all of her feelings by herself.

He groaned as dropped the identification plate back on the table and stood up and walked away, glancing at his wrist chrono. ?It?s only three a.m., if I go home now, maybe she won?t yell at me too much in the morning.?

Han glanced at the chrono on the small table beside the bed. He sat up quickly, at three a.m. he was usually sound asleep, but since he returned from dropping his mother off at her apartment, sleep had eluded him. Leia was beside him, but she didn?t stir as he sat up and dressed quickly.

?I?m just going to go by there and make sure she?s okay.? He said to himself as he left the bedroom, trying to ignore the dreadful feeling in the pit of his stomach.

She smelled the sofa?s fabric burn as the bolt hit it. She crouched on her knees, preparing to run as a second shot hit her in the back, slamming her face first into the floor.

As blackness enveloped her once more, she dimly became aware of a wookie?s roar. . .

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, no! :eek: Who would want to shoot Alaneia, and why? Who's the wookie (Chewie, perhaps, arrived to give it to whoever attacked her)? You've left us with a cliffie...[face_worried]

Han, it's good you don't ignore the feeling in the pit of your stomach! Go save your mom!

13. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Not good.
    Not enough to go on either need more, please.

Great update.

14. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    dm1All will soon be revealed - hopefully Han will hurry up and get there.

ccp The next post will be up shortly

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    What do you mean, "hopefully"? Oh, now I'm really nervous, you're not going to do something evil to Han, too, are you? [face_worried]

16. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Here's another short post - hopefully I'll find the time to write a longer one over the weekend.

The massive wookie entered the apartment, just in time to see Alaneia drop to the floor. He roared at the assassin, charging towards him with his huge claws. The attacker dropped his weapon in fear and took off running. Whatever species the hominid belonged to, it was fast and the old wookie was soon out of breath. The wook chased the assassin out the door, before turning to where Alaneia?s body laid on the carpeted floor.

He bent over her, examining the wound. He growled softly at her as he realized that she needed medical attention quickly if she was to survive. He tore fabric from the sofa and pressed it to the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

Alaneia opened her eyes slowly, aware of the immense pain in her back. She tried to take a deep breath, but she felt like there was a ton of duracrete on her back. She heard the soft growl of a wookie and tilted her head back so she could see the creature?s face. She smiled softly, ?I must be dead.? She said softly.

The old wookie shook his head, ?no, you will live. I will get the help you need.?

?But you?re here. Han said you were dead.? She managed to say before she began to cough violently. ?I can?t breathe.? She cried.

?Your lung is damaged.? The wookie said to her. ?Lay still. Take shallow breaths.?

She nodded her head as she lost consciousness.

Outside the open apartment door, Dapaka heard the sound of someone running. He looked to the doorway just in time to see Han.

17. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    This isn't going to look good.

18. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Ack! I miss ONE post and your story turns evil! [face_devil]

[face_shame_on_you]

19. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, I knew it was either Chewie or Dapaka, but I also thought Dapaka was dead. When you didn't mention the wookie by name, I wasn't so sure it was Chewie... Oh, good, Han's there!

Gosh, everyone's getting shot up! Just when I think a happy ending is coming up, someone else gets shot at!

Now, who is the(attempted)assassin? [face_thinking]

20. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh Gosh DANG it! That's really really stinky, right there that is!! Please fix this Alneia!! More soon please!

21. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm glad to see that help has arrived. Now, we just have to hope that it arrived in time. I just want the Solo family to be happy again.

22. Alaneia

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks for the comments everyone . . .

At the sight of his wounded mother on the floor, Han cursed and ran to her, kneeling beside her. ?What the hell happened to her??

?It looked like an Imperial assassin to me.? Dapaka replied. ?Why was she left alone?? He growled at Han.

?What does that mean?? Han spat back at him.

Dapaka shook his head as he stood, ?exactly what I said.? He glared down at Han.
    ?You should have known better than to leave her alone.?

Alaneia moaned in pain as Han scooped her up in his arms. ?We didn?t think anyone would hurt her.? He said quietly as he stood up with his mother in his arms. He walked out, going as fast as he could to the turbolifts.

?You shouldn?t have moved her.? Dapaka said, following behind him.

?It would take the medics an hour to get here.? He said as he stopped at the lift. He glared at Dapaka, ?make yourself useful and hit the button.?

Dapaka reached to press the call button for the lift, but before his hands could get there the lift opened, ?what the hell happened to her!? Tobias yelled as he was joined in the lift.?

Dapaka hit the button, closing the lift. ?Where the hell have you been??

?Me?? Tobias asked. ?I passed out on the Falcon. Where the hell have you been??

?She should not have been left alone. The Empire has been defeated, but the Empire is not dead. After what she did, do you really think that she would not be a target anymore?? Dapaka growled at Tobias.

?You two just shut up.? Han said, sick at the feel of his mother?s blood soaking through his shirt. The lift stopped and before the door had completely opened Han was out of it, ?where?s the car?? Tobias asked his father.

?Right outside.? Came the answer as Tobias and Dapaka raced to keep up with him. Han got in first, followed by Dapaka, with Tobias getting in the driver?s seat.

?Take her back to the Palace,? Han said as Tobias started the car up.

It was so quiet inside the medcenter?s waiting room you could hear a pin drop. The three males were on opposite sides of the room, so wrapped up in their own guilt that they couldn?t manage to try to speak to each other. Han spent most of the time just sitting there, trying to make some sense of what he was feeling. They had probably been in there for an hour when Han finally found his voice. ?So Dapaka, where have you been hiding at?? He asked.

?Chandrila.? He said softly. ?I tried to find you after I heard of your involvement with the Alliance, but everytime I got close, the Rebels had a new base.?

Han nodded slowly, trying to hold on to his temper. ?Yeah, so why would me hanging around with the Alliance be enough to wake you from your grave??

Dapaka ignored the tone in his voice. ?I did what I had to do to keep you safe.?

?You could have told me the truth-?

?And what would you have done?? He yelled, standing to his feet. ?What would you have done?? He asked. ?You were young, you had inherited your father?s anger and your mother?s attitude, which is a lethal combination.?

Han said nothing.

?I?ll tell you what you would have done,? the wookie continued. ?You would have ran off to try to find them, only to end up dead yourself. I left to keep your Mother?s secret because she wanted you to live.?

Han stood to his feet, opening his mouth to protest when the door opened. They watched as a doctor entered the room, ?Is this the family of Alaneia Hayes.?

Tobias stood slowly, ?yeah. I?m her husband.?

The doctor looked expressionlessly at Tobias. ?She?s out of surgery.?

?And?? Han asked.

?We?ve done everything we can. She lost a lot of blood and we had to remove part of her left lung. It?s up to her now.? The doctor looked around at all three men before he walked out, ?the pain medicine she?s on is pretty much keeping her comatose, but you can go talk to her if you wish.?

Tobias quietly walked out behind the doctor, intent on seeing his wife.

Han and Dapaka were left in the room, staring at each other.

23. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Bummer.

Great update!

24. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    She'd better pull through. [face_worried] Dapaka is being rather hard on Han, since he can't keep his mother safe all the time, just like he can't keep Leia safe all the time. He's one person, and I doubt Alaneia would appreciate being baby-sat, anyway. Poor Han! :(

25. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I have a bad feeling about this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.